Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:38 PM

Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State (3468 Views)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Peter Obi: Labour Party Holds First Meeting In Port Harcourt Today / Gombe Man Donates His House To Peter Obi's Labour Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State by ElSudani: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2022
nameo:

I have always said that Lagos results will shock a lot of people. Peter Obi will likely win Lagos, and the total number of voters from Lagos next year will be the highest ever.

I listened to a radio programme today on Niger Info and callers were asked about their take on the paternity of Tinubu(I suppose soms of you listen in too). Virtually ALL of tbe callers said they were going to vote for Obi. Ni jokes. In fact, a lot of them were very angry some persons were considering Tinubu or Atiku for President. The passion i heard in their voices is almost more than Twitter sef.

And these are the real people o.

A real "political revolution " is happening in our eyes, guys. And it is a good one. We honestly are blessed to be a part of history.

Personally, I am fired up!!!

Lol, perhaps if you find a way to drug everyone in Lagos on election day. Sowore will do better than Obi on election day, mark my words.
Re: Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State by Masterito(m): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Still better than those who stole instead of investing it.
ElSudani:
The man who invested $20 million and the investment is now worth barely $5 million.
Not to talk of investing that money in a company in which your family has interest.
If he did that in most of the the countries he likes to reference, he will be sitting in jail right now not running for president.
Re: Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State by Obidient1: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
Very Massive and impressive I am happy.
Re: Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State by Emmyxclusive: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
ElSudani:
The man who invested $20 million and the investment is now worth barely $5 million.
Not to talk of investing that money in a company in which your family has interest.
If he did that in most of the the countries he likes to reference, he will be sitting in jail right now not running for president.
eyaaa, only one like. Sorry ko
Re: Peter Obi Labour Party Official Flag Off In Benue State by Polchiz(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2022
ElSudani:

Lol, what else? Insult is their default answer whenever they are cornered. P.Obi is Ipob in reverse.
THOSE WHO THINKS OR BELIEVES THAT IGBOS NEEDS HELP OR SYMPATHY ARE SIMPLY DECEIVING THEMSELVES. NDIGBO DOESN'T NEED ANYONE'S SYMPATHY AS THEY'RE DOING GREAT IN NIGÉRIA AND ALL OVER THE GLOBE!

Let me further declare my bias here; I am an Igbo man from Anambra State.

A Benin friend told me last week that I support Peter Obi because he's Igbo and from Anambra State! I was actually speechless at his prejudice!

Someone also said it's time we help the Igbos they have suffered so much in this country; I was like seriously?

I still hear some say voting for Peter Obi will be justice for the Igbos; ignorance is really really appalling!

Let me drop a few points here;

If some of the reasons alluded above is why you are supporting Peter Obi, then you are not different from the Tribal Warlords and Religious extremist!

Let me shock you further;

when I was at Abuja last year. I joined a discussion at the Hotel lobby and one Northern guy declared with uncommon arrogance; " THE IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY, THEY WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY, THEY WILL PAY DEARLY FOR 1966...!"

I asked him; Do you think the Igbos are suffering in this country? He thundered yes!

I told him my brother, let me help you a little bit; " THE IGBOS WILL BE THE LAST TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY!" NO MATTER HOW BAD THIS COUNTY BECOMES THE AVERAGE IGBO BUSINESS MAN IS THE MOST INSULATED!

Everyone turned at me in shock; My Northern guy thundered; it's a lie, it's a lie! Which position do they occupy in this country?

I said let me help your ignorance a little;

Who paid for this Hotel? Your company or yourself? He said his company. I said do you know who owns the Hotel? He said no, I told him. He said then he won't lodge here again. I said my brother from TRANSCORP Hotels Owned by Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu to Bolingo to Chelsea, To Top Rank, To Rockview, to almost 95% of Hotels in Abuja here is owned by the same people you said are suffering!

I told him if you car is bad where do you buy your parts from?

If you are buying books, stationeries, school bags, etc who sells them at the market?

If you want to build where do you buy your building materials from?

I told him, I could go on and on.

I told him even in Port Harcourt, even in Lagos, almost every nook and cranny of this country; "THE CHANCES THAT YOU WILL SPEND 90% OF YOUR INCOME ON AN IGBO MAN IS AS REAL AS TODAY!"

Every where became silent! Let me explain why the Igbo man suffering is just a mirage;

The Government makes policy to increase import tariffs; Igbo man goes out import the goods, pays the tariffs and custom duties, afterwards he factors it into the cost of materials. You go to him to buy at the new price. He makes his Normal profit. "AT THE END THE NEW TARIFF IS PAID BY WHO? Everyone was shocked!

I told them no matter what Government does it can never affect the average businessman; The average businessman will always make his profit and shift the burden to the purchasers!

The only tribe in this country that have secured their Economy almost 100% is the Igbos. It's only in Igboland where Business and Property ownership is almost 98% owned by them! After they secured their homeland, they also arrive in your domain and in some instances control 50-80% of the entire commercial activities and sometimes upto 15-25% property ownership apart from Abuja they own about 70-75%. "And you said they are suffering?"

After about 40minutes of my indepth lecture, my Northern guy became silenced and confused. He suddenly realized that what his political leaders are telling him that we are suffering the igbos is actually boomeranging on them!

To be sincere, 2023 shouldn't be about Justice for the Igbos or it's the turn of the Igbos! How is Katsina after PMB? Go and ask! How did OBJ rule transform the West? Many Southwesterners insist to date that OBJ was never their choice! How did 6-years of Goodluck Jonathan transform BAYELSA?

If Peter Obi campaign goes tribal, I can assure you many people will abandon his campaign including myself!

Peter Obi should be treated on his merit and be given opportunity to rescue this country!

I laughed the other day when Asiwaju declared that he needs well meaning Nigerians to join him and rescue this country! RESCUE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? FROM WHO?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Anambra Government House Under Construction By Soludo(video&photos / Your Policies Caused Hardship, Worsening Insecurity – PDP Slams Tinubu / Nigerians In Britain Should Tremble - Bnp Cometh Upon Thee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.