Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent (13740 Views)

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by JBoss25(m): 12:43am On Jul 03, 2022
nedekid:

Naa, according to Nigerians, those companies are evil. Ie after collecting their money and solving immediate problems.
I thought gov had clamped down on them.
Not all loan apps are evil bruh, those loan apps mentioned are one the legit apps, don't say what you don't know
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by XshegzzyeeiX: 1:43am On Jul 03, 2022
stevnwigw1:
something happened that took my money, my wife got admission into the Nigerian law school and all our money went there.

Simps will always put the happiness and comfort of others ahead of themselves.

You will learn the hard way.

Shake my head.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by nedekid: 2:35am On Jul 03, 2022
JBoss25:
Not all loan apps are evil bruh, those loan apps mentioned are one the legit apps, don't say what you don't know

Naa, according to Nigerians, those companies are evil. Ie after collecting their money and solving immediate problems.
I thought gov had clamped down on them.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by domwas2(m): 5:44am On Jul 03, 2022
The new house I rent, I borrowed from my boss and paid back for 5months, that will be the first and last as I noticed the respect reduced and after full payment he still deduct some money thinking I'm still oweing after I complained he didn't take me seriously so I forget it... Gtb load has been my helping hand from mess since then

DONT TRY IT.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by TheGift: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?

As much as possible, do not borrow from anyone.

But if you must , I think one of the best people you can borrow from is someone who is going to pay you some money at some point any way, like your boss I.e your company.

Still to preserve your dignity, be careful how you phrase it. I would be asking for a salary advance rather than a loan.

You may not even need to disclose the specifics, just that it is an emergency. But if you must, it’s good that the money is being asked for a universal essential ie a roof over your head.

Only a foolish Boss will be expecting peak performance from a staff who is worrying about where to sleep, what to eat and how to get to and from work.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by TheGift: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Deicide:
3 month of your salary is supposed to be able to cover your rent. If it can't then change apartment to one that does.

Or change jobs to one that pays much more.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by pharmaking: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
It depends on the rapport you have with him, but wiat, you used your rent to send your wife to law school?

I pray she appreciates the sacrifice you made for her today.

I don't want to voice what I am thinking make I no derail your thread.

Goodluck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by JustJennifer: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hello guys what's up? What's?
In this video I will be teaching you the secret about volatility most Traders wouldn't show you, if you're new to my channel please Hit the subscription button and let's make money together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdsWjWv2WPQ
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by malaria(f): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Go for salary advance period .which one is borrow money from boss . Write for salary advance or borrow money officially form your company and state how u want to pay it
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by sofiscatedmoron: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
babaRUNtinz:
Before ńkọ́? Ẹ make sense baje.
But to pay back no dey make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some People Kill With Words / Workplace Sexual Harrasment / What Automated Machines, Robots Are Doing To Us – Nigerian Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.