Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,938 members, 7,933,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:54 AM

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? (382 Views)

Man Who Lodged In A Hotel Was Shock To See Someone Trying To Open The Door (vid) / Survival Fund: New Method Fraudsters Use To Hack Your Account / Can Fraudsters Hack My Account If They Have My BVN, NIN And Account No.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by Jazzman01: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
I made a withdrawal at a POS center around 2pm. Some hours later I got two messages requesting me to use a certain pin to change my password. The pin in the first message was different from the one in the second.
This is the first time I will be getting such a message. Is the POS agent trying to rob me? See screenshot below.

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by Jazzman01: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Is it possible for POS operators to still have access to your account and make withdrawals after you have removed your card and left the place?
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jazzman01:
Is it possible for POS operators to still have access to your account and make withdrawals after you have removed your card and left the place?

No
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by DBestDoc(f): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
The Use of technology is really not meant for a lot of people.

You better go block that ATM of yours and transfer all your available monies from that account. It’s compromised.

They are obviously trying to break into your account. This particular scammer is not well grounded in the game yet, reason s/he is trying to change your PIN. In no time, that information they have will get to a smarter scammer and the result you’ll get will bring you here for another lamentation.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by Laikarahaman: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2022
Pls just block that card immediately, and if you have another account move all your money immediately, that is why I dislike using ATM card.. I rather do cardless withdrawal or I do transfer in exchange for cash.. do as advised immediately
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Account? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2022
spoofing at work

(1) (Reply)

Video Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanemere Odumeje Church Demolished Beating And Slapped / Odumeje’s Church Was Built On Waterways – Gov Soludo Speaks On Demolition / Us Active And Sure Mayee For $20k- $30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.