Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns (34658 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce / 15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by pepericozi: 5:55am On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:
90% of married people suppose dey prison na... including all politicians and celebrities. grin grin grin

You forgot to include the police too.

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by ArewaNorth: 6:03am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
What he forgot to add is that the Penal Code only applies to Northern Nigeria and it is very Shari'a centric.

The relevant statute for Southern Nigeria is the Criminal Code.

The Penal Code allows husbands to beat their wives as a form of correction in the same way that a father beats his children or a teacher disciplines a pupil.

Section 55(1)(d) of the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria provides that an assault by a man on a woman is not an offense if they are married, if native law or custom recognizes such “correction” as lawful and if there is no grievous hurt.

Section 55 of the Penal Code is actually titled:

Correction of Child, Pupil, Servant or Wife

I can't remember the last time I saw a confident liar full of ignorance like you.
Please go and learn more about what u wrote in your effort to advertise your usual bigotry and come back for corrections!
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by cardoctor(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2022
For niaja?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by SugarGirl44(f): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:
90% of married people suppose dey prison na... including all politicians and celebrities. grin grin grin

No, 99%
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Makowonda: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2022
In that case the police would have to construct a prison yard as big as the UN headquarters in USA so as to contain half of the culprits.They should also make sure they build a prison block that would be more comfortable than the others for erring police officers in the yard.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by newoffer: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2022
Police and adultery and fornication be like gun and bullets. The ones in my area after extorting na small girls dey hungry them. Shameless creature
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Odumanudo: 6:53am On Jul 04, 2022
He does not know what he is saying. The Penal code does not apply to Lagos State. He want to bring Shariah compliance Code into Lagos. The Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015 governs the administration of criminal justice system in Lagos State. I do not support adultery, however, adultery is not a crime in almost all the southern states of Nigeria.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by everythinggirly(f): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2022
Hmm.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by oyeb15: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2022
Tell us how many wives and concubine this cockroach has .

Nigeria policemen without any integrity and morality.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Ara21(f): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
BloomingDale:
Wives, time to start gathering evidence and reporting your husbands. Two years jail time for each woman they sleep with. Spread the good news.

Werey you want your husband to do life imprisonment. You wan waste person pikin life just like that.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by ValeeLove(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
BloomingDale:
Wives, time to start gathering evidence and reporting your husbands. Two years jail time for each woman they sleep with. Spread the good news.
what about wive adulterers. This law sha get as E be. I don't support adultery, but this one no too follow.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Ara21(f): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
2 years per case abi per individual?

If na per case some men will just do life imprisonment. Even the police supritendant will not exempted.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by ValeeLove(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2022
I don't support adultery but this law feels somehow. Someone should help. Can we also make laws against fornication, gayism and lesbianism? Wouldn't that truncate freedom? If it's cool then I'm all for it. Countries like Saudi Arabia I think have laws like this and there's the law of Moses too that prohibits adultery set by His himself. So is it feasible?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by 2016easy2017: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/adultery-can-land-you-two-years-of-imprisonment-police-superintendent/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Where can I land Fulani kidnappers, killers and corrupt of them

Do not vote Atiku ooo. He's a Fulani man and gonna unleash deadly terror ok is all. Don't make the mistake of Buhari again ooo. It's too deadly.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Cutehector(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2022
This one just wants to trend
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Trutalker123: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
What he forgot to add is that the Penal Code only applies to Northern Nigeria and it is very Shari'a centric.

The Penal Code allows husbands to beat their wives as a form of correction in the same way that a father beats his children or a teacher disciplines a pupil.

Section 55(1)(d) of the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria provides that an assault by a man on a woman is not an offense if they are married, if native law or custom recognizes such “correction” as lawful and if there is no grievous hurt.

I really hope he has read and understands the provisions of ACJA 2015,
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Donaluta(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2022
Police man weh no Sabi anything
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by ufuosman(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by KingLarry04: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2022
Just imagine, sharia law
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by sonofElElyon: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
That is only applicable in marriages celebrated under the Matrimonial Causes Act. That means all marriages which are registered and for which marriage certificates are issued.

Yes
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Babalola0920: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2022
BloomingDale:

Na widow una go widow last last 90% of abusive marriage comes mostly from the woman but been undermine by our society's wife who ask for more than her husband can bear should also have a jail terms woman who talk rudely to her husband also should be jailed
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Thazard(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Penal code is only for North and Abuja

New format for police to collect Roger and Bribe

Police go just burst hotel rooms begin dey ask for marriage certificate

gringringringrin
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Naija8240: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

I am shock ! This is a domestic abuse in sane countries
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by davodyguy: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Odumanudo:
He does not know what he is saying. The Penal code does not apply to Lagos State. He want to bring Shariah compliance Code into Lagos. The Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015 governs the administration of criminal justice system in Lagos State. I do not support adultery, however, adultery is not a crime in almost all the southern states of Nigeria.

In all parts/states in Soujern Nigeria, Adultery is not an offence. The worst that can happen according to marriage Act is for the spouse to seek for Divorce.

This man is talking absolute Trash

The law says bigamy is a crime, but not adultery. You can impregnate but cant marry the person
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Basher8583: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:

Even the police superintendent wey talk am self supposed dey prison too because I sabi am. Na we we.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2022
So bible is your constitution now?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Missionaire: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Useless police. For a crime to be, there MUST be an accuser and "accusee". When two adults agree and phucked, who's the plaintiff and defendant?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Charly68: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Two years or death you mean.. every adulterer deserve to die horribly. I hate infidelity with passion.. a woman that is cheating her husband is ready to kill the man .. same thing with a man cheating on his wife. He has thrown away his love and honour ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? / Pretty Bride Cries As She Kneels Before Her Mother In Adorable Wedding Photo / Man Bathes His Wife, Cooks For Her During Her Postpartum Recovery (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.