Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,613 members, 7,917,965 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigeria – A Nation Of Hypocrites? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria – A Nation Of Hypocrites? (220 Views)

"Escobar And Osama Bin Laden To Rule A Nation" - David Ibiyomie (Video) / Esther Ajayi:"Hypocrites Come To White Garment Church At Night, Hide In The Day" / God Is Calling The Nation Of Nigeria To Repentance – Nigeria, Repent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria – A Nation Of Hypocrites? by xproducer: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
First, this is not personal judgment of any kind – because GOD Himself and Alone Is the Righteous Judge of all (Psalm 75:7) - but rather it is thought-provoking, and a call to repentance!

Who is a hypocrite? A hypocrite is “a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion” and/or “a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings” - Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition.

In objectively assessing ourselves we may find that the “proof is in the pudding”!

How does a nation blessed with so many resources and so much talent... spiral deeper and deeper into problems – economic and otherwise; the root causes perhaps stem from wicked practices (lies, organized kidnappings, bribery, murder, selfishness) – a failure to truly follow and truly serve the One true, Almighty GOD!

Attending religious services and then coming out right after that to practice wicked works can never lead to progress! We have an example of hypocrisy that we should not fall prey to –

He answered and said unto them, well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” - Mark 7:6-7

Furthermore, and at the root of most of this evil - from the top down - that causes national problems is the love of money! “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” - 1 Timothy 6:10

Materialism is idolatry! “Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” - 1 Corinthians 10:7

We are forewarned – “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” – Psalm 9:17

++++

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” - Proverbs 14:34

Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD –
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” - Isaiah 1:16-18
Re: Nigeria – A Nation Of Hypocrites? by xproducer: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
"All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone." - Psalm 86:9-10
Re: Nigeria – A Nation Of Hypocrites? by xproducer: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
"If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." - James 2:15-18

(1) (Reply)

Sharia Law Not Binding On Non-muslims, Sultan Assures Sokoto Corps Members / Christain Whatsapp Group Chat / Hurtful Reasons Why You Should Never Engage In UNBELIEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.