Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? (310 Views)

Grace Ajilore: Pregnant Feminist Dragged For Getting Pregnant Out Of Wedlock / 10 Ways Nigerian Men React When They Impregnate A Lady Out Of Wedlock / Met A Lady Who Wouldn't Date Any Guy If Marriage Isn't Guaranteed After 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Premiumwriter: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
What makes marriage a scam but being in a relationship and having children without getting married is not the same scam?

As a generation, we really need to have a deeper reflection instead of relying on empty and meaningless quotes from people.

Everyone just seems to be dropping short, and witty quotes that look good on the surface but deeply, reflect emptiness and make no sense.

Okay, marriage is a scam but you get into a relationship, do everything that people in marriage do and even have children but hey that doesn't feel like a scam to you?

Is it because marriage tells you to be committed to one person that makes it a scam? then maybe adopt polygamous marriage?

Marriage is simply you vowing to accept just your partner as your life partner. How is that a scam?

And if you can stay faithful to them, then do it. But if you can't commit then make it known and stop disturbing and brainwashing others that marriage is a scam.

Marriage is not a scam. It is a beautiful commitment between two people who have chosen to be life partners. And depending on your religion, you may say it is blessed by your God.

Please get married if you find someone who loves you and you love them. Simply because Johnny and Mary cannot keep their homes together don't make marriage a scam.

You and your partner(s) are unique and your experience is different.

Babymama and Daddy na the real scam.

The black American kids are the most devilish because of that scam of babymama but you are here glorifying it. Don't do that wickedness to your kids. Trust me
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by blinking001(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
Never underestimate the power of fools in large numbers. Modern civilisation is headed towards destruction because we as a collective have constantly underestimated the power of fools in large gatherings.

Imagine the LGBTQ community and their stupidity, how bad they want to force their sexual orientation on straight men and women. Their agendas are been propagated in movies, tv shows, advertisements etc because sane people are still providing them the platform to thrive instead of ensuring they go get their mental health checked.

Marriage is not scam, on the contrary, the building block of any progressive society is the family unit. A society cannot properly thrive towards positive growth and development without the family unit as it bedrock. It absence affects societal growth and development negatively.

The increase in crime rate, terrorism, moral decadence, depression and hysterias can be traced to the absence of the family unit in modern societies.

Raising children outside the usual father and mother family unit set up breeds negative future repercussions in the lives of kids. Children need their father and mother presence to be better versions of themselves.

The importance of marriage ( family unit) in any modern society can never be overemphasized.

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
Jesus!

I'm shocked! undecided

Well... Redpillers are the ones who say marriage is a scam... Women are still being pressured to get married... Don't you see them at Shiloh? undecided

I think it's a choice thing... Marriage really isn't important... What's the difference? The 'Mr and mrs' title? The vows we can not respect? The promise of a life time of commitment which we all break?

I don't want to get married... I want to end up with a great guy tho...
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
What love charm did my sister put in your food? undecided

Your girlfriend has changed you! It's scary... Should I be worried? undecided

Love Nwantiti... Redpillers sef... grin
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Premiumwriter: 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
If the mother/father of your kids is not responsible enough for you to want to make a lifelong commitment to share your life with them, then why have kids with them?

Why give your kids a parent that is hazardous to you?

As I said, we as a generation really need to sit down and think deeply and critically.

Babymama/Babydaddy na the real scam.

Oh she's not responsible enough for you. Oh she's not the person you want to spend your life with.

But somehow, you feel it will be healthy to have her raise your kids?

Sure you'll not end up raising monsters that will shot at other kids trying to learn in school?
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Premiumwriter: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
Raspberries:
Jesus!

I'm shocked! undecided

Well... Redpillers are the ones who say marriage is a scam... Women are still being pressured to get married... Don't you see them at Shiloh? undecided

I think it's a choice thing... Marriage really isn't important... What's the difference? The 'Mr and mrs' title? The vows we can not respect? The promise of a life time of commitment which we all break?

I don't want to get married... I want to end up with a great guy tho...
Our normal, 'I want to eat my cake and have it back'

Nothing is wrong with wanting your cake back but it is not always possible. Having a great guy is a fantasy because the great guy also wants a great woman.

Making compromises is what makes things work between two people not greatness.

I just dey look you with all this redpiller tag.

It is called a redpill for a reason. It makes you look at the norm and want to make sense of the nonsense
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Our normal, 'I want to eat my cake and have it back'

Nothing is wrong with wanting your cake back but it is not always possible. Having a great guy is a fantasy because the great guy also wants a great woman.

Making compromises is what makes things work between two people not greatness.

I just dey look you with all this redpiller tag.

It is called a redpill for a reason. It makes you look at the norm and want to make sense of the nonsense
Marriage is about commitment... You can do that without the ball gown and vows and rings... Afterall, no one respects these things...

You can be loyal to someone... Live in the same home... Raise your children together... And not be married...

Most redpillers are daft... You were too... Until you started dating... I need the charm she used on you
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Acidosis(m): 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Raspberries:
Marriage is about commitment... You can do that without the ball gown and vows and rings... Afterall, no one respects these things...

You can be loyal to someone... Live in the same home... Raise your children together... And not be married...

So what are you trying to achieve with this? How are you different from the married folks?

How does cohabiting with someone you love make you immune to heartbreak, trust issues, jealousy, possessiveness, or disappointment? Lol

If your goal is to move on faster, so long as a child or more is involved, you will "suffer" the same fate with the married folks. grin

Your children will call you daddy and mummy. So what point are you trying to prove again?
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Acidosis:

So what are you trying to achieve with this? How are you different from the married folks?

1. I'm not under the pressure society imposes on married women...

2. I can always leave...

3. The man doesn't have the impression he owns me...
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by NobleSeed(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
maybe we can call that fraud grin cheesy
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Acidosis(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Raspberries:

1. I'm not under the pressure society imposes on married women...

2. I can always leave...

3. The man doesn't have the impression he owns me...

Lol. Ordinary boyfriend and girlfriend relationship, we see how people want to kill themselves because the other partner is not loyal. Look here, after 3 months of consistent knacking, you will forcefully take that man to magistrate to wed you. Do not deceive yourself with theories, unless that man is worthless.
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
Acidosis:

Lol. Ordinary boyfriend and girlfriend relationship, we see how people want to kill themselves because the other partner is not loyal. Look here, after 3 months of consistent knacking, you will forcefully take that man to magistrate to wed you by force.
Lol... It's not my thing tho... Marriage doesn't change a person... If he would cheat while we're dating, he would cheat if we get married... I expect a responsible man, he doesn't need to say words at an altar to be that...
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Raspberries:
Lol... It's not my thing tho... Marriage doesn't change a person... If he would cheat while we're dating, he would cheat if we get married... I expect a responsible man, he doesn't need to say words at an altar to be that...

I get your point. However, single people (those who are not married but dating) suffer more heartbreaks and disappointments than the married folks. So not getting married does not exclude you from these ills. I will only reason with you if you have no intention of being with a man, whether in or out of wedlock.
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2022
Acidosis:

I get your point. However, single people (those who are not married but dating) suffer more heartbreaks and disappointments than the married folks. So not getting married does not exclude you from these ills. I will only reason with you if you have no intention of being with a man, whether in or out of wedlock.
I don't think there's a difference...

Married couples suffer... But they don't speak out because society tells them to keep their secrets behind close doors... And they don't leave because they are expected to stay and work things out even with a cheating, abusive partner...

If a man is bad, I leave him..

If he's good then he's good...

A wedding ring changes nothing... It just puts pressure on me to stay whether or not the marriage is good...
Re: If Marriage Is A Scam What About Bearing Children Out Of Wedlock? by Acidosis(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
Raspberries:
I don't think there's a difference...

Married couples suffer... But they don't speak out because society tells them to keep their secrets behind close doors... And they don't leave because they are expected to stay and work things out even with a cheating, abusive partner...

If a man is bad, I leave him..

If he's good then he's good...

A wedding ring changes nothing... It just puts pressure on me to stay whether or not the marriage is good...

The idea of enduring or trying to make things work is not peculiar to marriages. Don't you also try to make things work in your relationships? Do you walk away at the slightest provocation? Even when you genuinely want to walk away, don't your feeling (love) sometimes get in the way?

It's only normal for people who have committed themselves to a life time course or people who live together or have kids together to go extra miles. Someone who's being with an organization for 10 years will naturally exhibit more loyalty than a graduate trainee.

(1) (Reply)

S*x Drive: How To Decrease Your Libido In 5 Ways / Catch Your Cheating Partner Red-handed / Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.