Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,564 members, 7,934,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:06 PM

Verify Engine Type - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Verify Engine Type (1345 Views)

Passat Cl 650k Last. Engine Type 1.8.. Buy And Drive Home. ENUGU 08163157823 / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verify Engine Type by senator2k9(m): 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Good evening nairalanders, pls i want to verify if this is a 2.0ltr 2008 honda engine or a 2.4ltr engine. Its urgent because i want to buy the car.

Re: Verify Engine Type by senator2k9(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Gazzuz and other experts in the house, kindly revert
Re: Verify Engine Type by Dozieson(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
senator2k9:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i want to verify if this is a 2.0ltr 2008 honda engine or a 2.4ltr engine. Its urgent because i want to buy the car.

2.4l

1 Like

Re: Verify Engine Type by Dozieson(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2022
senator2k9:
Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
2.4l
senator2k9:
Re: Verify Engine Type by Cokahot: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Looks like a 2.0 .
Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
that is honda k24 with 2.4l engine, a particular plastic is supposed to cover that marked intake manifold area but it has been removed.
Cokahot:
Looks like a 2.0 .

Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
like this below
slimmoney:
that is honda k24 with 2.4l engine, a particular plastic is supposed to cover that marked intake manifold area but it has been removed.

Re: Verify Engine Type by Cokahot: 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ok
slimmoney:
Re: Verify Engine Type by nurey(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
Cokahot:
Looks like a 2.0 .

Olodo pedestrain grin

1 Like

Re: Verify Engine Type by Conner44: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2022
nurey:

Olodo pedestrain grin

Although I acknowledge that the person you quoted is not a serious person I don’t think he’s 100% wrong.

There are K20 & K24 engines from Honda and they look 90% alike. The only way to know for sure is to look at the engine number.

The above engine might actually be a 2.0

1 Like

Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
that is not a k20 engine, 2008 Si civic use k20 engine and it's different from this, below is k20 engine, check out the intake manifolds its quite different.
Conner44:

Although I acknowledge that the person you quoted is not a serious person I don’t think he’s 100% wrong.

There are K20 & K24 engines from Honda and they look 90% alike. The only way to know for sure is to look at the engine number.

The above engine might actually be a 2.0

Re: Verify Engine Type by Dozieson(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
slimmoney:
that is not a k20 engine, 2008 Si civic use k20 engine and it's different from this, below is k20 engine, check out the intake manifolds its quite different.

What year of civic?
Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
i think civic Sport injection (Si) from 2008 to 2011
Dozieson:

What year of civic?
Re: Verify Engine Type by Dozieson(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
slimmoney:
i think civic Sport injection (Si) from 2008 to 2011

That doesn't look like civic engine

Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2022
there is a sport edition of that civic, it's called civic Si it has different engine from the regular civic, below is the engine bay picture.
Dozieson:

That doesn't look like civic engine

Re: Verify Engine Type by Conner44: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
slimmoney:
that is not a k20 engine, 2008 Si civic use k20 engine and it's different from this, below is k20 engine, check out the intake manifolds its quite different

Dimensions of the K20A and K24A’s top and bottom block (skeleton) are similar even down to their mounting points. The only major differences are found in their internals.

The K20A’s Cylinder head or Intake manifolds can be swapped out and exchanged with the K24A’s because of the drive by wire or cable throttle body and it will work. The only thing to be changed is the brainbox.

People do this type conversion at oyingbo especially after an engine has kpafuka and the owner wants another one but with a lower fuel consumption wink

That’s when you’d start hearing of accords using civic engines. Plus there are actually 2.0l Honda Accords driving around too from the 2005 - 2011 production years. Those types of accords are the ones originally built for the Asian market and a way of noticing them is that they have wider spaces for installing their rear plate numbers. These were done because Asian countries have wider/longer rectangular plate number designs just like Nigeria used in the old days. The Asian specs badges and trims are usually i-vtec VTI-L (for their base trim) or i-vtec VTI-E (for their executive trim) and i-vtec VTI-S for their sport trim while the American specs have the LX, EX or S trims.

The 2.0l’s EOD’s have a ‘V’ shaped booth & taillights arrangement/design while the DC’s have their reverse lights spaced further apart. Even the Evil Spirits have their own distinct differences from their behind as well if you observe them closely.

See a few examples below, can you differentiate the USDM accords from the ADM ones?

1 Like

Re: Verify Engine Type by Conner44: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
And it is also true that the K20A used in these ADM (Asia or Australia) are usually right hand drive and must be converted before using in Nigeria legally.

Their engines are also the type tuned for more aggressive VTEC engagement thereby giving them almost similar power to their bigger K24A counterparts. You can say that they carry the Civic SI engines.

Re: Verify Engine Type by slimmoney(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
i get ur points nd explanations, but i doubt if there is any 2008 evil spirits with 2.0l k20 engines, all the 2008 accord with 2.0l badges i have seen mostly comes with tuned up R series engine, those car's were mostly sold brand new in Nigeria, attached is their engine
Conner44:

Dimensions of the K20A and K24A’s top and bottom block (skeleton) are similar even down to their mounting points. The only major differences are found in their internals.

The K20A’s Cylinder head or Intake manifolds can be swapped out and exchanged with the K24A’s because of the drive by wire or cable throttle body and it will work. The only thing to be changed is the brainbox.

People do this type conversion at oyingbo especially after an engine has kpafuka and the owner wants another one but with a lower fuel consumption wink

That’s when you’d start hearing of accords using civic engines. Plus there are actually 2.0l Honda Accords driving around too from the 2005 - 2011 production years. Those types of accords are the ones originally built for the Asian market and a way of noticing them is that they have wider spaces for installing their rear plate numbers. These were done because Asian countries have wider/longer rectangular plate number designs just like Nigeria used in the old days. The Asian specs badges and trims are usually i-vtec VTI-L (for their base trim) or i-vtec VTI-E (for their executive trim) and i-vtec VTI-S for their sport trim while the American specs have the LX, EX or S trims.

The 2.0l’s EOD’s have a ‘V’ shaped booth & taillights arrangement/design while the DC’s have their reverse lights spaced further apart. Even the Evil Spirits have their own distinct differences from their behind as well if you observe them closely.

See a few examples below, can you differentiate the USDM accords from the ADM ones?

Re: Verify Engine Type by Conner44: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
slimmoney:
i get ur points nd explanations, but i doubt if there is any 2008 evil spirits with 2.0l k20 engines, all the 2008 accord with 2.0l badges i have seen mostly comes with tuned up R series engine, those car's were mostly sold brand new in Nigeria, attached is their engine

Yes you’re right. The Evil Spirits didn’t come with the K Series 2.0L version.

But I personally love the styling and features found in the ADM accords over the USDM ones. They usually have more features and options plus look a lot better too.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!!! Relocation Sales: 2008 Toyota Camry For Sale @2.6m / Price Of Drivers Licences / 6 or More Cylinder Engines. If And When Does Two Of The Six Cylinders Shut Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.