Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:41 PM

Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) (4829 Views)

Nigerians Take Protests To Mansions Of Politicians / Gov Soludo Continues Demolition Of Illegal Structures In Onitsha(video) / Biafra: Ipob Destroys All Election Bill Boards & Posters In Onitsha (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by Golan007: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Brexxit:
But the owners are chilling in Asian prisons.

Shh!

Don't loud it.

grin
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by kenny714433(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

The O2 you breath is thanks to amazon and congo forest and some part of asia.

The forests in nigeria are just complementing it.

Why do you think people in the sahara area are not yet dead?

This is a lie. 80% of oxygen comes from the ocean and not any forest.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by MetaPhysical: 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

It dosnt bro.

Hope you not thinking that 60% of ibadan land is inhabited by humans?

Juhanesburg for instance that is the second after ibadan has just 40% of the land inhabited by human.

You are still using scale to compare.

The reason it is agreed that Yoruba is an ancient urban dweller, even ahead many European cultures, is because our cities comprise the full characteristics of an urban center.

I have written and gave my theory online that the word "urban" is etymologically derived from Yoruba word "Oba". If you want to see my contribution on cognates between Yoruba and Latin/Roman root words go to Nairaland Culture Section.

The characters of an urban settlement comprise geo-labels such as Upper; Lower; Cross or Tri; Center; Outer; Market; River; etc...

These characteristics are fully captured in every Yoruba town, such as Oke; Isale; Orita Merin (for cross) but Orita Meta (for tri); Arin; Ita; Oja; Odo; and so on. These characters are found to repeat in every Yoruba town. You will also find it exactly mirrored in foreign places Yoruba have settled. It is part of the culture.

Metropolitan buildup is foreign to us. The characters of metro or mega city are, Main Street or Broadway; City Hall; Mall; Boulevard; Waterfront or Marina; Bridges; Highways; Drainage & Waste treatment; Statues, and so on.

In contemporary times Ibadan is far much bigger urban city than Lagos is. Towns linked into towns are inside what we call Ibadan. Lagos does not have that.

Meanwhile, Lagos comprise all the characteristics of a mega or metro city, far more than Ibadan.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by MXrep: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
MetaPhysical:

The reason it is agreed that Yoruba is an ancient urban dweller, even ahead many European cultures, is because our cities comprise the full characteristics of an urban center.

I have written and gave my theory online that the word "urban" is etymologically derived from Yoruba word "Oba". If you want to see my contribution on cognates between Yoruba and Latin/Roman root words go to Nairaland Culture Section.

The characters of an urban settlement comprise geo-labels such as Upper; Lower; Cross or Tri; Center; Outer; Market; River; etc...

These characteristics are fully captured in every Yoruba town, such as Oke; Isale; Orita Merin (for cross) but Orita Meta (for tri); Arin; Ita; Oja; Odo; and so on. These characters are found to repeat in every Yoruba town. You will also find it exactly mirrored in foreign places Yoruba have settled. It is part of the culture.

Metropolitan buildup is foreign to us. The characters of metro or mega city are, Main Street or Broadway; City Hall; Mall; Boulevard; Waterfront or Marina; Bridges; Highways; Drainage & Waste treatment; Statues, and so on.

In contemporary times Ibadan is far much bigger urban city than Lagos is. Towns linked into towns are inside what we call Ibadan. Lagos does not have that.

Meanwhile, Lagos comprise all the characteristics of a mega or metro city, far more than Ibadan.

According to demographic ranking 2021

Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by hammer567: 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
MetaPhysical:

MY BROTHER, WE CAN DO ALOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE DOING TODAY, IF WE PURSUE A MERIT BASED SOCIETY WITH A FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS.

IF WE CANNOT THEN LET IGBO GO EAST AND YORUBA GO WEST.

WE DONT NEED THE NORTH, IT IS THE NORTH THAT NEED US.

NA OUR MONEY THEM TAKE BUILD ABUJA, WHICH IS THE ONLY THING OF VALUE NORTH.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by MetaPhysical: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
hammer567:

MY BROTHER, WE CAN DO ALOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE DOING TODAY, IF WE PURSUE A MERIT BASED SOCIETY WITH A FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS.

IF WE CANNOT THEN LET IGBO GO EAST AND YORUBA GO WEST.

WE DONT NEED THE NORTH, IT IS THE NORTH THAT NEED US.

NA OUR MONEY THEM TAKE BUILD ABUJA, WHICH IS THE ONLY THING OF VALUE NORTH.

Thank you jare!

I already told many people I am not voting any candidate. My vote is reserved for referendum. I want out of Nigeria.

Yoruba Nation on my mind!
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by MetaPhysical: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
MXrep:

According to demographic ranking 2021

The words "urban" and "development" have become co-dependent and interchangeable, to the extent that "municipality" has completely been eroded in nomenclatures of city planners and public policy makers.

When was last decade you heard anyone for instance say, Lagos Municipal?

Your post proved a part of the point I made earlier. Urban is not a well understood term. Many people are ill-informed and throw it out loosely.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by christistruth01: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Legendforte:
Not supposed to be. Anambra needs to create forest reserves.

You are right but they won't listen to you

Forest Reserves soak up pollution and breathe out fresh Air

Forests also protect the Ground from Erosion

1 Like

Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by christistruth01: 11:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
cool
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:45am On Jul 06, 2022
kenny714433:

This is a lie. 80% of oxygen comes from the ocean and not any forest.
We are talking about forest based oga.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by IgbalodeRaymond: 6:50am On Jul 06, 2022
God bless Anambra
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by Xbobtage: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2022
How nice will it be to have that undeveloped island in the picture to be used as the new CBD. Exclusively for High Rise buildings... Minimum 15 stories or more.
Re: Forest Gives Way To Mansions In Onitsha (video, pictures) by Legendforte: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
christistruth01:

You are right but they won't listen to you
Forest Reserves soak up pollution and breathe out fresh Air
Forests also protect the Ground from Erosion
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku To Commission Udom’s 10-lane Ring Road Project Today (photos) / I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka / Obiora-profile Of Another CBN Deputy Gov Overlooked For A Mechanical Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.