Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,027 members, 7,931,531 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:53 AM

Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War (42261 Views)

Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Putin Warns US, NATO Not To Interfere Or Face Consequences / Russia Is Not Withdrawing From Ukraine But Building Up Troops - US, NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Bigchristo22(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
grin
noisy45:

This American fanboys talk like kids Russia is using there large stockpile of soviet era missiles and rockets in ukraine. Nato Mercenaries thought the war will be war fought with shootout with guns like libya and iraq and syria until missiles from Russia started raining on them. They were shocked.
You’re absolutely correct
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Adjovi: 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
abbey621:

Who told you they were the good guys? I simply stated with so much power, other countries would have caused much more devastation. There's no way Russia or China can have that much power(Physically and economically) and they would sit back rather than go on the offensive. Japan, China etc can have all the nukes they want but father na still father, nukes pass nukes, I told you before, there's a reason North Korea has not fired nukes at the USA even tho it has perfected the technology......The reason is DEFENSE! By the time they launch one, four hundred is already heading their way with full force and fury.

There's a reason the U.S has satellite launchsite positioned strategically all over the world, if you think it is just by having nukes alone then you're on on a long thing my friend, apart from Russia and China, there's no country on Earth that can survive nuclear onsalught from the USA....KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE!

This is why we need Russia and other super powers to emerge to counter NATO. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. NATO with all that power with no one to counter it is a very big problem for the world considering a NATO nation being the first to use a nuclear weapon hell no...

3 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Dalil8: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
ottersberger:

United States nuclear submarines are operational in that theatre as we speak. The United States will never allow any country to deny it access to international waters under any circumstance. We all witnessed the open military confrontation with China over its attempt to muscle The US navy in the disputed South China sea.

Well Russia already has nuclear submarines stationed in the north atlantic ocean that can hit the U.S. So there's that.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by frankson1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dalil8:

We can see the same reverse psychology at play in Ukraine. Russia is eating through Ukraine bit by bit. But "Ukraine is winning," right? Even with all the billions of $$ pouring in.

Russia annual military budget = $62 Billion

So far Ukraine has received over $100 billion worth of weapons in just 5 months.

I'm very sure you are not aware that the Ukranian soldiers are still retreating even with the "$100 billion worth of weapons" undecided undecided

Sentiment apart, it's US and Europe against Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
"In February many world leaders visited Russia ranging French President to German Chancellor etc, both told Putin to stop the plan invasion that Ukraine will never join NATO..

Putin even denied that he will not invade Ukraine of which it was only Britain and the US that were never convinced that Putin will not invade"

A genocide was already going on in Eastern Ukraine at this time. The Ukrainian Army and other Nazi affiliated Militia groups were carrying out a systematic mass elimination of the Russian speaking people who of course are a majority in Eastern Ukraine. I don't hate the US. Not at all. Sometimes we just have to be Objective and say things as they are. Did you expect Russia to sit back and watch the Ukrainian Army kill all the ethnic Russians in The Donbass and Lugansk Region?

Russia was provoked into starting this war. You can ask the Pope, who is the leader of all christians on earth. At least he can't lie. Go online and watch him say it openly. Russia was provoked and Ukraine is a pawn in the bigger picture.

Nothing you say can make this people see the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by abbey621(m): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
Adjovi:

This is why we need Russia and other super powers to emerge to counter NATO. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. NATO with all that power with no one to counter it is a very big problem for the world considering a NATO nation being the first to use a nuclear weapon hell no...

NATO is not just one country and if the nutcase called Russia didn't go imperial on their neighbors, nobody would want to join NATO in the past 30 years. Take Putin for example, he thought he was crushing Ukraine but all he has successfully shown the world is that joining NATO is a much needed step instead of staying neutral. If Russia could do this to its brother Ukraine, who be Finland wey dem no fit destroy.

Like it or not, NATO is bound to get stronger not because of its morality/goodness but because of the way Russia represents an inherent threat to European countries. USA was thinking of reducing funding to NATO but Russia successfully showed the importance of a strong NATO. It's a complete irony grin grin grin grin
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by ottersberger(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dalil8:

Well Russia already has nuclear submarines stationed in the north atlantic ocean that can hit the U.S. So there's that.

First, now you agree that what I said is indeed true and even verifiable, please be a gentleman and apologize to me for calling me a liar.

Everyone has this strategic positioning, but I can tell you that the United States military is far superior to whatever Russia has today, both in quality, sophistication, quantity, and tactical integration.

Add NATO to that mix and you have a lethal force on parade. Germany has a very formidable military and is now retooling to reposition the Bundeswehr for what might come in the near future. France is a force to reckon with and also a nuclear power. And Great Britain, a warfare fox.

Do you think it is a walk in the park to face china militarily?. A country with a standing army of well over a million men and women, but Joe Biden clearly told China that the US will militarily engage if it invades Taiwan. I hope you understand the implication of that statement.

Putin sef know who pass am.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by objobj: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:
You must be an idio.t to refers to me as a kid, no-hoper.
At 47years going to 48 I am sure your use.less father is younger than my kid brother who is 37.

E pain this kiddo grin
You check out your analysis na pikin.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Princewell2012(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
midashenry:

Confession
It might actually be a mind game.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by joshuaidibia(m): 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Here we go. This is the only defense all US boot lickers have lmao. So funny. You think everyone is suffering and running form their country like y’all? Many Nigerians are comfortable in Nigeria and only holiday abroad if you don’t know. And even at that there are way better holiday destinations than the US. When last you think say Atiku and Tinubu go US for example?

Stop being a US boot licker because of Visa. Call them out when they are wrong. And they are wrong more often than you think.

Grow up kid. It's funny you mentioned those two without knowing they can't go to the States cos they're wanted for financial crimes. Once again, enlighten yourself young blood. I rather live in a world with USA as world power than a world with Russia as world power. I'm done reading your quotes
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
joshuaidibia:

Grow up kid. It's funny you mentioned those two without knowing they can't go to the States cos they're wanted for financial crimes. Once again, enlighten yourself young blood. I rather live in a world with USA as world power than a world with Russia as world power. I'm done reading your quotes

If you want to defend the USA then defend them based on logical policy arguments. Stop using that tired “but if they give you visa” line because it makes you sound extremely shallow like you think everyone here needs or even wants to go to the US. There are many folks in Nigeria who have absolutely no intention to relocate to the US. Believe it or not. I know you all think it’s heaven but that’s an assumption based on your own personal condition and experiences in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by TechnologyGuru: 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by TechnologyGuru: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:
Don't believe or trust Americans , they are masters in mind games.

US keep developing dangerous weapons without announcing or making details public.

Remember US annual defence budget is $750bn annually while that of Russia is $56bn , so what do you think America do with $750bn defence budget annually ? Yeah building unclassified weapons.

Till this day no one knows the bomb US used in Hiroshima, not even the Russians can tell.
The bomb used in Hiroshima is the "little boy" and the one used in Nagasaki is "the Fatman"
They're both nukes....and they were the only time Nukes had ever been used in history....
Both were used by the Americans though
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Opolopoopolonio: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
thinkmoney:

The guy may not be right about his analyses of NATO capability, because Putin himself admitted that NATO have collective superior military capabilities.
However, your knowledge of history and historical significance of Russia in the second world war is acutely deficient. Russia is one single factor why the allied force defeated Germany. They were the real foot soldiers. They bore the brunt of NAZIs war might.
And USA couldn't have done anything to stop the soviet from developing the nuke. They were at par if not superior to USA in do many technological abilities

@bolded For real

Are you aware the US supplied the USSR with sophisticated weapons with which they fought the Russians in the early days of the war

Go and google the lend lease act

The same way US bombed Japan to surrender is the way they would have bombed Russia for trying to develop a nuke.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by engrchykae(m): 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Olaoluwa122:
Na lie
a war veteran is telling you and you are saying "it's a lie"
Do you know of Frederick Barbarossa?
He went to Russia
The wolves of Bavaria were no match for the bears of Siberia.
What about Napoleon Bonaparte?
He left with no trophy.
Hitler tried to repeat Frederick Barbarossa mission and thus codenamed the war against Russia as "operation Barbarossa"
Yet Hitler failed in Stalingrad and fell in Berlin also.
There is more to Russia than you know.
Why did the Rothschilds sponsor Napoleon to fight Russia?
And these Rothschilds are still the architects of today new world order.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Neddyogu(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:
There's nothing special about Russia. The west is just afraid of their nukes.

Without those nukes, there's nothing special about the Russia military. Hitler and his tiny Germany invaded them in WW2 when they were still solvet union and about 10 times the size of Germany; and almost succeeded if not for the Russian winter and logistics problems.

NATO can take on Russia in an invasion warfare but if Russia decides to deploy their nukes on American and British cities, the tide of the battle would change, cos no one is ready to gamble millions of lives of her citizens over a war that could have been avoided.

This is what America and her allies are afraid of.

Hitler invaded the Soviet Union and the steepes of the motherland became the graveyard of the German 6th Army in 1943. Go read about the battle of Stalingrad and how Frederick von Paulus lost the entire German 6th army. Invading Russia is not a problem, but keeping the territory is a different ball game. All dem Russians have to do is cut off or overstretch the invader's supply lines and let the Russian winter do the rest. Ask von Paulus, ask Napoleon Bonaparte.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by engrchykae(m): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
Antoeni:
Story , Russia Will Size to Exist When they Combine, US Alone is Capable of Crushing Russia
Why is USA delaying the crushing?

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Sunnyja: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Balderdash...... Hogwash

NATO has been sending arms mostly through Poland into Ukraine.

Since Russia is so powerful, why have they not fired one single bullet into Poland.....

After all Putin warned at the beginning of the War that no nation should interfere in his Special War Crimes operation.

NATO has been interfering, Putin should do his Worst. But he cannot because he is a Toothless Bulldog.

Under his watch, The European Union is carrying Ukraine away to join the league of Civilized Nations. Something Putin never wanted for Ukraine.

Under his watch, Finland and Sweden are on brink of Joining NATO. Something that was unthinkable a year ago.

Putin's Russia is the biggest loser in this War because NATO has fully come to their Borders. Something that Putin has been fighting against.

Even if Russia succeed in their land grabbing attempt in Ukraine, Putin is still a Big Fat Loser because the things he never imagined or wanted are happening all around him.

Slava Ukraini ..... Glory to the Heroes.
Are you sure you read the Post properly? Ukraine is in ruins and you said Russians are the biggest losers?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by jaytee01(m): 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Nonsense!

This is one cowardly soldier probably working for the Russians.

If not for Truman, George Patton and Douglas MacArthur were ready to take on the Russians during WWII.

In fact, Patton once said if he found himself between the Germans and Russians, he would shoot both ways... grin

This Scott Ritter is the kind of person that allowed Russia to build a nuke in the first instance just because they don't want to fight another major war with Russia. Russia should NEVER have been allowed to have nukes!!
Your obsession with Russia will give you heart attack soon. You can support the Nazi thugs and Ukraine all you like, they will still lose miserably.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by SlavaUkraini: 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Sunnyja:
Are you sure you read the Post properly? Ukraine is in ruins and you said Russians are the biggest losers?!

Did you read my comments properly...

Even if Putin succeed in his land grabbing attempt in Ukraine, he is still a big fat loser.

NATO expansion that he sighted as the reason for his brutal invasion of Ukraine is now closer to Russia's doorsteps.

Finland and Sweden are now on the brink of joining NATO. The 1300 km Finnish border with Russia would soon become NATO territory.

Putin has failed WOEFULLY.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by macAB: 12:12am On Jul 06, 2022
Officialgarri:
What that man said is a fact. In fact, at the start of the war, Putin warned in a televised interview that the US-Nato can go to war with him but he can assure them that no one will come out a winner.

This is actually a fact owing to the possible use of Nuclear weapons (which Russia has the highest numbers in the world).
However, it is "nonsense" to you because it doesn't suit your own wishes and narrative
Number of nukes does not matter.Obe is enough
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by SuperSixSeven: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2022
WriterNig is a Russian troll account.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Dandal: 1:51am On Jul 06, 2022
2loadedguy:

I swear bros. I laugh when I see those stupid comments about Ukraine winning Russia. Just yesterday they have lost another territory in the eastern region despite the billions of weapons being provided by NATO and US and they are guaranteed to lose more, but some deluded pro American people in Nigeria think Ukraine is winning the war. The earlier you people and the west pushing the clown of a president to his doom realize this is a futile attempt and he should go to the negotiation table the better for us all.

E tire me too.... the level of ignorance and stupidity on display by these educated illiterates fit make pesin cry. Hollywood/ MSM indeed have done a 'good' job grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:24am On Jul 06, 2022
Dandal:

E tire me too.... the level of ignorance and stupidity on display by these educated illiterates fit make pesin cry. Hollywood/ MSM indeed have done a 'good' job grin

That is what holds west they the MSM make their killing look sweet.

Then the follower won't be angry even when they kill his fellow African.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by ThinkSmarter: 4:02am On Jul 06, 2022
WriterNig:
Like for Russia, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
Russia
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Caseless: 4:32am On Jul 06, 2022
Nazgul:
There's nothing special about Russia. The west is just afraid of their nukes.

Without those nukes, there's nothing special about the Russia military. Hitler and his tiny Germany invaded them in WW2 when they were still solvet union and about 10 times the size of Germany; and almost succeeded if not for the Russian winter and logistics problems.

NATO can take on Russia in an invasion warfare but if Russia decides to deploy their nukes on American and British cities, the tide of the battle would change, cos no one is ready to gamble millions of lives of her citizens over a war that could have been avoided.

This is what America and her allies are afraid of.
where NATO and the USA invaded smaller or less powerful nations, they won without resistance?

If I have what could deter you from fighting me, then I'm stronger than you,

You downplay the role of Russia in the defeat of Hitler or Germany - they did what the USA and the rest took credit for.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Caseless: 4:37am On Jul 06, 2022
uniquetechng:
Don't believe or trust Americans , they are masters in mind games.

US keep developing dangerous weapons without announcing or making details public.

Remember US annual defence budget is $750bn annually while that of Russia is $56bn , so what do you think America do with $750bn defence budget annually ? Yeah building unclassified weapons.

Till this day no one knows the bomb US used in Hiroshima, not even the Russians can tell.
do you know what it costs to maintain their military bases across the world? What it cost to keep their aircraft carrier? So on and so forth... Budgeting doesn't mean actual funding too.

We all know that the US bombed Hiroshima.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Caseless: 4:44am On Jul 06, 2022
enonche85:

The same Russia that is struggling against Ukraine or another Russia?.
you guys misunderstand this 'special operation' to be a conventional war. If it were the kind of war you're allowed to bomb and destroy indiscriminately, ukraine would have been history by now. It's the kind of operation you minimize civilian casualties and hit strategic locations. You guys should stop deceiving yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Cassahav: 4:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Nonsense!

This is one cowardly soldier probably working for the Russians.

If not for Truman, George Patton and Douglas MacArthur were ready to take on the Russians during WWII.

In fact, Patton once said if he found himself between the Germans and Russians, he would shoot both ways... grin

This Scott Ritter is the kind of person that allowed Russia to build a nuke in the first instance just because they don't want to fight another major war with Russia. Russia should NEVER have been allowed to have nukes!!

Oh really then who should have nukes

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Opolopoopolonio: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2022
jaytee01:
Your My obsession with Russia will give you me heart attack soon. You can support the Nazi thugs and Ukraine all you like, they will still lose miserably.

Agreed. @bolded You pro-Putin luuunatics have been uttering this line for over 4 months now...
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by JustJennifer: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2022
In this video I will show you how to link your Deriv Account to Metatrader5-Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQ1WxLTtaI

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Esther Agbaje, Oye Owolewa, Nnamdi Chukwuocha Win In U.S 2020 Elections / Uncontrollable Wildfires Rage In Canada As Thousands Evacuate Cities ( Pics) / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.