Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,115 members, 7,973,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:28 AM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (28009 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
Light Black skin is actually a deficiency. Its due to a lack of melanin (pigmentation).

The different shades in skin colour are related to this. The lighter the skin, the lower the amount of melanin found inside that person. The extreme of this abnormality is 'white people' whose skin contain little or no pigmentation. Just like a Nigerian Albino.

Their known to be more prone to skin cancers because of this defeiciency.

Those wanting lighter skin normally are suffering from an extreme form of inferiority complex. If they were more aware they would actually see it as a curse or form of lepprosy.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by namfav(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
"Normally one dark and the three light"

grin  grin  grin  grin wallahi billahi talahi
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
You never see Igbos lightening their skin.  grin

But one group to the West of us is known for that.  lipsrsealed
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

We celebrate her nd not just Yoruba ppl, but mostly Igbos too because she's one of the best. But Funke is surpassing her.

I agree funke surpass omo t anyday! i hear yoruba people talking of funke more than omo t. omo t is ok but i mean shes no where near funkes popularity.

EzeUche:

Why are you hatin? Any babe that you get, I can take her from you.

hate on ur fat nose? saying you look yoruba is an insult to yoruba guys- you llooked like an overgrown gorilla
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

You never see Igbos lightening their skin.  grin

But one group to the West of us is known for that.  lipsrsealed

[b]Igbo[/b]rance is bliss. half of Igbos on nollywood bleach more than Yorubas. Quote me.

Thatz why  said Igbos are harsher on their dark kins.
Negro_Ntns:

Ileke-IdI:
I'd think there are more dark Igbos than light skin ones. But more light skin Igbos than others (except for Fulanis) in NIgeria. It's just that with inferiority complex, Igbos tend to praise the light skin amongst them.
---------------
Ondo/Ekiti/Ijesha people are far lighter than Igbos. Fulanis are far lighter than Igbos. But because Igbo was a protege of the American identity problem, they have associated dark skin/light skin in the same cutural status that they have free born/osu born customs in their land.

This is true.

There are lighter skin Ekitis, lots of them in my family.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ifygurl:

Ndi igbo or better yet known as "ndi eboe" tend to be yellow in skincolor and during slavery, many other west african tribes hated us because of that. They used to insult us and claim we look "white and sickly" and white people used to insult us and claim "we look yellow with bile like eyes". Our nickname in the past was "west indies eboes" or "red eboe" but to other west african tribes we were "the sickly tribe"  Insulting isn't it. Looking down upon us for no reason. Wonder wetin we do? So all this hatration directed towards us, have been there since the beginning.  I wonder wetin we did to have other tribes turn against us?

anyone here is are the books (the ones i've read so far)
http://books.google.com/books?id=_lmFzFgsTZYC&pg=PA168
http://books.google.com/books?id=9QORC_cr86sC&pg=PA46&dq=mulatto+eboe&as_brr=1

This is the one i'm reading right now about an igbo slave that escaped from his master
http://books.google.com/books?id=PrPxWLSrp78C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0

Interesting isn't it.  I always used to think igbo people were dark like ola but hmm, it seems we were a diverse tribe even though other tribes insutled us because of that. I wonder why? oh well, i will never know unless i visited those eras abi?

This explains it. There is reason why "Red eboe" is used amongst Caribbeans.

It is simply genetics.

We also have a high prevalence of albinos as well.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
Igbo dark skin is rear and not as much as brown skin or light skin. hence your wrong assumption. Don't take my word for it just facebook a igbo name and see how many dark skin comes up as oppose to brown and light.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Igbo dark skin is rear and not as much as brown skin or light skin. hence your wrong assumption. Don't take my word for it just facebook a igbo name and see how many dark skin comes up as oppose to brown and light.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

This explains it. There is reason why "Red eboe" is used amongst Caribbeans.

It is simply genetics.

We also have a high prevalence of albinos as well.

true cant deny that I was at this niggaz house his moms albino, lil bro albino, lil sister albino - i was scared as shittt.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeuche big nose ass niggaa
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by okadaman2: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

You never see Igbos lightening their skin.  grin

But one group to the West of us is known for that.  lipsrsealed

Erm, of Governor Jim "bleach-me-white" Nwobodo of old Anambra state?

Seriously, It is sad that there are some black people who look down on dark skin, very sad for them.

funny thread tho.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
sjeezy is funny az hell grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
namfav:

"Normally one dark and the three light"

grin  grin  grin  grin wallahi billahi talahi

I guess it reminded you of your smile?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
light skin dark skin dont mean anything look at ezeuche hes darkskin ugly as fuk- im surprised dis nigga is talkin bout skin color. really
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
I do not see the fuss over who is dark or who is light.

Igbos of all colors still look better than our counterparts except Ibibios. Ijaws also look good.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

to mee she look like a monkey

. . . . and Igbo people are supposed to be the ones with a complex. Genevieve look like a monkey.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

light skin dark skin dont mean anything look at ezeuche hes darkskin ugly as fuk- im surprised dis nigga is talkin bout skin color. really

You still hatin. Your women say otherwise. cool
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
[img]http://2.bp..com/-V6Dwq3HE69w/TeeqlV-ZHqI/AAAAAAAAABg/i9pL29Cj7mA/s1600/oluchi252.jpg[/img]

It doesn't matter what complexion an Igbo has, we still look good. cool
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

I do not see the fuss over who is dark or who is light.

Igbos of all colors still look better than our counterparts except Ibibios. Ijaws also look good.

Oh really? And yet you're the one that keeps screaming about dark Yoruba ppl. Most Yorubas that bleach are celebrities, and Igbos bleach more on nollywood than Yorubas. You tend to see dark skin in Yoruba movies.
We love our skin shade as is. More more concern with body shape than skin color.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oh really? And yet you're the one that keeps screaming about dark Yoruba ppl. Most Yorubas that bleach are celebrities, and Igbos bleach more on nollywood than Yorubas. You tend to see dark skin in Yoruba movies.
We love our skin shade as is. More more concern with body shape than skin color.

Did I mention skin color in this thread?  undecided
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
There are more dark skin people in the Yoruba population than that of the Igbo. Obvious reasons why there will be more dark people in Yoruba movies. People going on like it's a choice.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

There are more dark skin people in the Yoruba population than that of the Igbo. Obvious reasons why there will be more dark people in Yoruba movie. People going on like it's a choice.

grin grin grin

These people suffer from an inferiority complex when it comes to looks.

It is sad. . .
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
Anyway,

Back to the original post - (As some snakes have tried hard to divert the topic)

So Yoruba's are not really Yoruba's but the descended, illigitimate, mutated,offspring of Igbo's?

What a Bombshell.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
A mixture of Yoruba and Igbo. Mom Yoruba, dad Igbo

[img]http://idnobble.files./2010/09/iyabo-obasanjo-21.jpg[/img]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-V6Dwq3HE69w/TeeqlV-ZHqI/AAAAAAAAABg/i9pL29Cj7mA/s1600/oluchi252.jpg[/img]

It doesn't matter what complexion an Igbo has, we still look good.  cool

she ugly too

ezeagu:

. . . . and Igbo people are supposed to be the ones with a complex. Genevieve look like a monkey.

you have a complex of some sort cause she look a monkey, has nothing to with complex light dark or anything. shes just ugly

Ileke-IdI:

to think igbos dont bleach is a misconception I knew a girl ibo she was dark brown not dark but def bleached to be light skinned. help her clear up her acne as well
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

A mixture of Yoruba and Igbo. Mom Yoruba, dad Igbo

[img]http://idnobble.files./2010/09/iyabo-obasanjo-21.jpg[/img]

yea I dont believe shes 100 yoruba cause even when a yoruba girl is ugly she looks like a girl!- this woman looks like a MAN-
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

you have a complex of some sort cause she look a monkey, has nothing to with complex light dark or anything. shes just ugly

Most people in Nigeria disagree with you, so it's your own taste.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
Problem is money. If Most Ppl spend time taking care of their body, they'll look like this. Esp Yoruba girls with delicious dark complexion.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-b7ulwaQItvo/TY_PSnR3arI/AAAAAAAAAtw/zCGtLphSjfs/s1600/Yomi.jpg[/img]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy has an inferiority complex like many of his people. Sad. . .

Calling Oluchi and Genevieve ugly? What world is he from?

He needs his head examined.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Even my grandmothers have beautiful skin, and I'm sure they dont have the money  most Igbos supposedly have to take care of their skin.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_KOq6AlodkJI/SfiY43F5LTI/AAAAAAAACA0/fG96QQQKwUk/s400/Old+women+in+Ekiti+protesting+attempt+of+dark+forces+to+subvert+the+will+of+Ekiti+people+on+29-04-09.jpg[/img]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Even my grandmothers have beautiful skin, and I'm sure they dont have the money most Igbos assume they have.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_KOq6AlodkJI/SfiY43F5LTI/AAAAAAAACA0/fG96QQQKwUk/s400/Old+women+in+Ekiti+protesting+attempt+of+dark+forces+to+subvert+the+will+of+Ekiti+people+on+29-04-09.jpg[/img]

no dulling fine babaes
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Many African Countries Are In Support Of Biafra? / PDP, Atiku Defeated Buhari In Katsina, Party Chairman Tells Tribunal / Nigerian civil society leader, Innocent Chukwuma is dead

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.