Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,563 members, 7,972,112 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:30 AM

Open Letter To Young Ministers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Young Ministers (167 Views)

Pope To Young Italians: Don't Be Selfish, We Need More Children Than Pets / Dr Paul Enenche On Humility For Young Ministers / Bishop David Oyedepo Ministers At Dunamis Church Abuja KPGWC2017 Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Young Ministers by toyinaremu(f): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2022
How dare him? No, how can he call me brother, do I look like someone who can be addressed like that? I am a Papa and should be seen and addressed as same! Do you know what I've achieved spiritually, the levels I've attained? He also addressed mama as sister, that's rude and I won't take it," the man of God vented angrily.

I appeal to you, Dear Young Minister, to read this with an open mind. This piece is not to undermine the portion of the scripture that says: "Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching." (1Tim.5:17). So yes, it is expected to honour leadership at any level especially as Christians.

As much as this is expected, as a leader, it is not appropriate to get infuriated because someone did not call you a specific name or title! You are already moving in an unhealthy direction because when there is an obsession about titles, it is no longer honour, it has become pride! And you know God' stand on pride, right?

Your job as a leader is not to control people but to guide them to the control of the Spirit, therefore, if you are not called by what you do, give room to be called by what you are. Calling you a brother or sister does not remove from your 'spiritual attainment'.

I remember my daughter calling me a girl and I told her I'm a woman, the young lady quickly reminded me that I'm first a girl before becoming a woman, so, I am still a girl. I had a factory reset done that day and this is how it is with titles too, you were first a man or woman before becoming MOG or WOG.

The early Christians used some of these terms; brother, beloved, labourer, fellow-worker, servant even prisoner and of course there were prophets, teachers, apostles, evangelists, leaders, elders, and deacons in the first churches but they weren't obsessed with the office or its function.

Don't forget that this is not to dishonour men and women of God, but a call to check for leaders, to ascertain if the flesh is not taking leadership at the moment.

Titles don't mean depth (in God) sometimes, don't forget. Is God really seeing you in that office you are so concerned about? Remember, the true ordination or calling (names or title) comes from God.

Good Morning
Re: Open Letter To Young Ministers by Engr2016: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
May GOD bless whoever posted this.

toyinaremu:
How dare him? No, how can he call me brother, do I look like someone who can be addressed like that? I am a Papa and should be seen and addressed as same! Do you know what I've achieved spiritually, the levels I've attained? He also addressed mama as sister, that's rude and I won't take it," the man of God vented angrily.

I appeal to you, Dear Young Minister, to read this with an open mind. This piece is not to undermine the portion of the scripture that says: "Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching." (1Tim.5:17). So yes, it is expected to honour leadership at any level especially as Christians.

As much as this is expected, as a leader, it is not appropriate to get infuriated because someone did not call you a specific name or title! You are already moving in an unhealthy direction because when there is an obsession about titles, it is no longer honour, it has become pride! And you know God' stand on pride, right?

Your job as a leader is not to control people but to guide them to the control of the Spirit, therefore, if you are not called by what you do, give room to be called by what you are. Calling you a brother or sister does not remove from your 'spiritual attainment'.

I remember my daughter calling me a girl and I told her I'm a woman, the young lady quickly reminded me that I'm first a girl before becoming a woman, so, I am still a girl. I had a factory reset done that day and this is how it is with titles too, you were first a man or woman before becoming MOG or WOG.

The early Christians used some of these terms; brother, beloved, labourer, fellow-worker, servant even prisoner and of course there were prophets, teachers, apostles, evangelists, leaders, elders, and deacons in the first churches but they weren't obsessed with the office or its function.

Don't forget that this is not to dishonour men and women of God, but a call to check for leaders, to ascertain if the flesh is not taking leadership at the moment.

Titles don't mean depth (in God) sometimes, don't forget. Is God really seeing you in that office you are so concerned about? Remember, the true ordination or calling (names or title) comes from God.

Good Morning

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You... / Control Your Tongue / Prepare For Persecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.