Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,783 members, 7,969,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Qu'ran Says The Bible Is Not Corrupt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Qu'ran Says The Bible Is Not Corrupt (826 Views)

How Allah Copied From Jewish Rabbis The Famous Qu'ran 5:32-34 / The Qu'ran & Hadits (a Distiction) / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Qu'ran Says The Bible Is Not Corrupt by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 27, 2011
The Muslims repeatedly claim that the Bible has been corrupted and that the Qu'ran is the only trustworthy scripture in existence. This is why Muslims often attack the Bible. But this cannot be acording to the Quran. The Quran says that the books of Moses, the Psalms, and the gospel were all given by God.

Torah - "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," (Sura 2:87).1

Psalms - "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).

Gospel - "It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong)," (3:3).
Also, "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," (5:46).

We see that the Qu'ran states that the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel were all given by God. With this we Christians heartily agree. But, the Muslims claim that the Bible is corrupted and full of contradictions. If that is so, then it would seem they do not believe the Qu'ran since the Qu'ran says that the Word of God cannot be altered:

- "Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

- "The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all," (6:115).

- "For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity," (10:64).

When Muhammed (570 - 632) was alive, he claimed to receive the revelation of the Qu'ran from Allah. This means that at that time the Bible, which was in existence, could not have been corrupted because the Qu'ran states that God's word cannot be corrupted. The question I have for the Muslims is "When and where was the Bible corrupted, since the Qu'ran says that the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel are from Allah and Allah's words cannot be changed?"
Re: The Qu'ran Says The Bible Is Not Corrupt by Kunslen(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
I agree that Allah sent down all the holy books i.e. Torah, Gospel e.t.c because He said we should believe in all Holy Prophets and Holy Books. You cannot say you believe in one Prophet or one book and ignore the other, that is not true Faith.
However, it is no more news that the original bible has been lost when someone who promised to compile it disposed. During Emperor Constantines reign when Unitarian christians who believed in the oneness of God were killed and when Jesus christ and the Holy spirit were added to the the 'Father' to make a 3 in 1 God, only some parts of the re written Bible were approved i.e. Mark, John, Mathew and Luke,
That was why Apostle Paul was rated as the 2nd most influentialt person on Earth instead of Jesus because he wrote the largest part of the Bible which many people now take as the word of God. Ironically, Apostle Paul wasn't even alive when Jesus was still on earth.
When it is said in the Qur'an that the word of God cannot be changed. I believe Allah was talking about his consistency not his books, I believe I have been of help. I may be wrong, you know. But I implore u to go to Asktheimam.com and ask ur question to get a more detailed ans. May Almighty Allah guide us to the right path, AMIN.
Re: The Qu'ran Says The Bible Is Not Corrupt by Sweetnecta: 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
@Frosbel; Where is the Bible mentioned, Frosbel in the Quran?

I hope you are smart enough to know that Torah of Moses is not the Bible. Psalm of David is not the Bible. Injil of Jesus is not the Bible.

The Bible is not given to any Messenger of God. If you know the name of that Messenger, please tell us right here.

And there is no where in the Quran that God says that what the Jews call Torah today is not a corrupt document. The fact that God says He gave Torah to Moses is a fact, because He gave it to him. Then Moses died and corruption entered it and they formulated Talmuth with it. Heck didn't Jeremiah say that the scribed corrupted Torah and Sabur, since he came after David?

I already explained Sabur by the above, too.

As to Injil of Jesus; Is the NT not Injil? If it is not then that is an evident that NT is corrupt. We see Acts, The epistles and other in NT. Did God give Acts, Epistles, etc to Jesus?

Now here is the granddaddy of an answer for you; If God gave Injil to Jesus, shall we have 'and Jesus went . . . ."? Should it not be an instruction to guide his community by? Injil in its purity would not not have contained stories about Jesus; stories about earlier prophets, yes and instructions to guide people to the true path. Not story of his calling Peter a satan. None of those. This shows you that what you have of Injil today is corrupted.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible Contradictory / Christian Convert Tortured With Boiling Water: "return To Islam Or We Kill You" / You Are Free If You Have No Religion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.