Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

As Heat Affects Them, Cold Affects Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / As Heat Affects Them, Cold Affects Us (566 Views)

The Nine Stages Of Canadian Cold / Can This Strike Affects Embassy: ? / Mexican Drug Cartel Massacre Immigrants In Cold Blood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Heat Affects Them, Cold Affects Us by babanne(m): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2011
I dont know how many of you people are following the recent trend in weather.Outrageous heat continue to trouble people in parts of US recently. Here is a last friday's report across the affected areas:

On Friday, the mercury in Newark, N.J., reached 108, the highest temperature ever recorded there. Airports near Washington and Baltimore hit 105. Philadelphia reached 103, Boston 103, Portland, Maine, and Concord, N.H., 101 and Providence, R.I., 100. New York City hit 104 degrees, just 2 short of its all-time high, and with the oppressive humidity, it felt like 113.

This was actually measured in fahreinheit but when converted to degree celsius, its above 40.Meaning its hotter that sokoto, maiduguri or anywhere in the northern nigerian here.but here in nigeria that we usually feel heat, temperature begins to drop and excessive cold takes over everyday since few week now.What a twist of event.One of my friends in US i chatted with tonight told me the weather was brutal in Texas; hotter than in sokoto. Remember the excess rain experienced recently in some parts of the country like Lagos! TRULY, THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS.

(1) (Reply)

Qatar Visa / Get A Standard Website Plus Hosting For N15,000 / Read dis Story and advice this young man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.