Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,500 members, 7,898,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:05 AM

David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules (56588 Views)

David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

I don’t have access to private information regarding this case. I’m considering all angles. I know who’s likely to lie, who has the power to apply for another person’s visa, who can changed or update bvn information with a single call, who can instruct immigration to come capture the biometrics of an international passport applicant at their Abuja home. I also know who desperately needs a kidney donor and is ready to do anything, including illegally trafficking someone to harvest their kidney.

I know who to believe.

You don't have access to certain details, that's why you can never know for sure. I like the fact that you used the words "likely" and "believe". What you're sharing is what you believe to be the likely truth. While your believes are valid, none of us know that for sure. Regardless of how informed your opinions are, they are still more opinionated than factual. I've not said for sure the boy is lying. I'm only being to possibilities.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

The Boy may be lying but some facts have already been established which indicate the the Senator is guilty.

Namely:
The Boy is Nigerian
First entered the UK in Feb 2022
The Senator was responsible for all expenses relating to the trip
The Boy was going to for Tests at the private wing (would not have been NHS) of the Royal Free hospital - Bills paid for by the Senator
The Senator has told his people that the boy wasn't a match hence the operation was stopped and he wanted to send him back to Nigeria...this itself is an admission of guilt as it breaches the point 1-7 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.

I could go on but I don tire grin grin grin

The senator might be guilty but until found guilty by the court, he's not. You should know that. And thank you for agreeing the boy might be lying. That's just the possibility I'm trying to establish with the other guy.

If you were trying to impress me with the quotations, bravo.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

The point I made is, if there's pure cash transfer, it would be harder to proof he didn't consent to the transaction as he's claiming. He could still be lying. As a law you student, I didn't think you'd gladly join social media judges to rule out that possibility.

Sir, why can’t you accept the fact that irrespective of if he was paid or not, the criminal senator has committed an offense? According to British law, the boy shouldn’t have been granted a visa to donate his organ in the first place.

I can’t wait for the sentencing. Both the criminal senator and his criminal beautiful wife should get at least 5years each.

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

The point I made is, if there's pure cash transfer, it would be harder to proof he didn't consent to the transaction as he's claiming. He could still be lying. As a law you student, I didn't think you'd gladly join social media judges to rule out that possibility.

Previous law student...

My point is consent is irrelevant as clearly stated in the MSA 2015 Act.

The facts are David is currently present in the UK and was here for a donor investigation with a view to illegally having his organ removed on the orders of the Ekweremadus. This is is why they were refused bail.

Again this case is Crown Vs Ekweremadu as in the Queen (Head of State) vs Ekweremadu and not Ukpo Vs Ekweremadu.

The Boy is not on trial here whether he lied or not. It has already been established by the UK Prosecutor and the UK Attorney General that a crime against the state has been committed on UK soil and the case has been deemed serious enough to be tried at the Central Criminal Court.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Sir, why can’t you accept the fact that irrespective of if he was paid or not, the criminal senator has committed an offense? According to British law, the boy shouldn’t have been granted a visa to donate his organ in the first place.

I can’t wait for the sentencing. Both the criminal senator and his criminal beautiful wife should get at least 5years each.

Whether they've committed an offense or not does not automatically mean the guy didn't play a fast one on them. I don't care about their sentences neither would I stand with the guy if he planned this out. What is bad is bad regardless of how much we dislike the senator.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Whether they've committed an offense or not does not automatically mean the guy didn't play a fast one on them. I don't care about their sentences neither would I stand with the guy if he planned this out. What is bad is bad regardless of how much we dislike the senator.

What is bad here, pray tell.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
an0daGuy:
I don’t care. They swindled him into coming to the uk all in a bid to harvest the poor lads kidney.

Both ekweremadu and his wife must be thrown in jail and the keys thrown in the sea and swallowed by a shark.

Let pdp turn to fishermen to try and save them angry
and they want to take him to Europe to hustle are they his parents Who does that in present Nigeria He's fully aware of everything but decided to play smart
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

Previous law student...

My point is consent is irrelevant as clearly stated in the MSA 2015 Act.

The facts are he is currently present in the UK and was here for a donor investigation with a view to illegally having his organs removed on the orders of the Ekweremadus. This is is why they were refused bail.

Again this case is Crown Vs Ekweremadu as in the Queen (Head of State) vs Ekweremadu and not Ukpo Vs Ekweremadu.

The Boy is not on trial here whether he lied or not. It has already been established by the UK Prosecutor and the UK Attorney General that a crime against the state has been committed on UK soil and the case has been deemed serious enough to be tried at the Central Criminal Court.

Your point is appreciated. The senator could go to hell for I care. But the guy in question could have planned this out. He could have decided to work against thier agreement on getting there because he knew he'd be in a better position any way.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

What is bad here, pray tell.

If the boy planned this out from the onset. If knew everything and went along with it with the intention of changing the story on getting there simply cause he knew he'd have an upper hand, then that's terrible and totally unfair to the dying person.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by buckeyemedia: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Quest7777:
Not surprised the guy is not a minor.
Nevertheless they still have serious charges to answer to under UK laws.
What are the serious charges?
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

If the boy planned this out from the onset. If knew everything and went along with it with the intention of changing the story on getting there simply cause he knew he'd have an upper hand, then that's terrible and totally unfair to the dying person.

You are mad!!! You really mad. What is special about Ekeremadu’s daughter? What’s unfair to her? Do you know the number of people in need of kidneys? People have been on the Organ list for years hoping to get one!!! Why does she deserve special treatment? Why does she get a kidney at the snap of her fingers? Is a kidney sweet that you can easily buy from a store? If she can’t stay on the list till it gets to her, let her die. Paying for a kidney should NEVER be an option.

It’s quite evident that you’re aren’t as neutral as you claim. This is my last response to you.

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Mozegee: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
You said it all and may may God bless you for this.
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This article below is a reminder again. Do not outsource your role as a father.

EKWEREMADU: Between Fatherhood and Ambition

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/07/ekweremadu-between-fatherhood-and-ambition-sunkanmi-vaughan

I recall having this conversation with my wife during the week when the case of Sen. Ike Ekweremadu came up and I was completely in an incandescent shock that this man actually has a sick daughter yet has been all over the place attending political meetings for his political ambition instead of taking time out from the highly demanding world of politics to sort out his daughter's pressing health needs.

He was all over the place during the PDP  primaries, he lost the PDP gubernatorial primaries for Enugu state then started planning to decamp to APGA, then APC , reportedly taken to APC national Chairman by HE Uzodinma, Imo state Governor, when APC stalwarts in Enugu APC, led by their state APC Chairman, Chief Ugochukwu Agballah, outrightly rejected him. 

He eventually lost and , unlike previous election cycles, Senator Ekweremadu is not returning to the Nigerian Senate.He lost on all the political fronts.

Sen. Ike Ekweremadu was all over the place so much that it appeared like he did not follow through on the health and lifestyle choices of his children.

He did not follow through on what I believe is more important than his political ambition; the life of his daughter and a family at the low ebb of the apprehension of losing a child  to kidney failure.

Ike Ekeremadu was so consumed by his political ambition that he had no time and seriousness to do due diligence and background check on the character they got him as a donor for his daughter , I doubt if with his PhD, he even had the time to follow through and read up to ask the right questions from the professionals,  understand the risks and benefits of why it could be better for one member of his family of six to donate to the daughter instead of a stranger and seek help to find out if there are some of the tests which can be done on the stranger here in Nigeria before bundling a total stranger overseas. 

He was so consumed by politics that when the 22-year old donor went rogue and was allegedly scheming behind him to deny his age and report Ike and family to UK police, it probably escaped his detection and intervention soon enough so he can be the first to report to UK police and then return the donor to Nigeria for him to immediately restart the process of getting alternative donor(s) for his ailing daughter whose life was more important to him.

He forgot that he was first a father and husband before becoming a Senator,Deputy Senate President and SSG. 

He forgot that he will finish as a father and husband.

I compared Senator Ekweremadu to Joe Biden and I believe that he could have followed the Biden example. Then in 2015 , US Vice President Biden had a dying son and had the opportunity to contest in his party's primaries to emerge against Trump for the US Presidency but Biden stepped down from that race in order to support his dying son.

At a point, Biden was to sell his family house before Barack Obama intervened and offered to pay for the treatment. Biden's boy made his Dad promise him that no matter what happens, Biden must not give up his life long ambition to be US President, Biden's boy, Beau Biden later died. Biden grieved without the guilt of abandoning his son for his political ambition.

In 2021, years after his son had passed on , Biden contested and won. There are many Nigerian politicians (and professionals) who will do like Biden but not like Ike.   

Family is so important that we even need the approval of a sick dying one before we place anything above their life

That is the lesson Ike missed and was almost about to lose from both ends as his wife who takes care of the daughter remains in prison until July 7 and now August 4.      

Last two Sundays ago was Father's Day , I really truly hope that fathers used that day to reflect and understand the real responsibility of fatherhood. It is the hardest job for a man but it gives the greatest reward if you do your best at it.

As a father , I have realized that it is not possible to outsource that role of a father and not pay heavy fines.  

May God heal that Ike Ekweremadu's daughter and may God help the Ike Ekweremadu family in this their difficult time. I know it is a difficult place for them. 

May God help all fathers to realise that "your child is your responsibility". 

That you pay all the bills and have a devoted and responsible wife/mother of your child won't still make up for your negligence. 

Your child is your responsibility and not even your ambition can replace what you will miss if you neglect your role in the life of your child. 

This a lesson to all fathers: Do not behave like Senator Ike Ekweremadu who was literally chasing rats around the house when his house was on fire.

May God help us all to succeed and may our children not develop kidney failure. May our labour of love and sacrifice be rewarded in our life time and when we are long gone, Amen.
Sunkanmi Vaughan is a Lagos-based Pharmacist and Author.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:
Can someone explain why the parents can’t donate their kidney to the daughter? Is there a medical reason? They are likely to be a match.

Because they value their lives and health over the lives and health of others. They’re used to exploiting the poor and facing no consequences.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Your point is appreciated. The senator could go to hell for I care. But the guy in question could have planned this out. He could have decided to work against thier agreement on getting there because he knew he'd be in a better position any way.

Point taken.

But I am off the mind that the guy would have been in a really desperate frustrating situation because why report yourself to the police if the goal was to stay in the UK? I know of a few Nigerians who find themselves in the UK who happily hustle until they are able to get their papers regularised. I have an Uncle and know of a few others who have been here for years living like this as their intention is not to set foot in Nigeria again until they get themselves sorted. In fact that my Uncle, has even gotten married (only traditionally, not registered) and had kids during the time he has been illegal in the UK and he earns money cash in hand and has full sole use of another relatives dormant account for handling his money.

In the case of David, the first thing the Police would do would be to call immigration and get him sent back home to Nigeria...but instead an investigation was launched on the basis of the report so the evidence must have been damming for the Ekweremadus.

Also, les we forget..21 na still small pickin o and there is not much difference in the brain and rationale from that of a teenager. I believe the Ekweremadus have children around the same age of David who they would like to seek their authority over something as major as giving away an organ.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Quest7777: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
buckeyemedia:

The senator representing Enugu west and his wife are facing charges bordering on conspiracy to arrange/facilitate the travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting.
Serious charges else they would have been granted bail.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Conspiracy to commit Human trafficking for the purpose of organ harvesting, exploitation, and modern slavery.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Because they value their lives and health over the lives and health of others. They’re used to exploiting the poor and facing no consequences.

Thank you. There’s no reason sef. Just continuous exploitation of poor people which is surprisingly supported by other poor people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

You are mad!!! You really mad. What is special about Ekeremadu’s daughter? What’s unfair to her? Do you know the number of people in need of kidneys? People have been on the Organ list for years hoping to get one!!! Why does she deserve special treatment? Why does she get a kidney at the snap of her fingers? Is a kidney sweet that you can easily buy from a store? If she can’t stay on the list till it gets to her, let her die. Paying for a kidney should NEVER be an option.

It’s quite evident that you’re aren’t as neutral as you claim. This is my last response to you.

All this pity being displayed for one person when many other people, some younger than her, have been waiting for a kidney longer than she has. She is covered for dialysis so why can’t she wait like everyone else? Entitlement mentality.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Thank you. There’s no reason sef. Just continuous exploitation of poor people which is surprisingly supported by other poor people.

That’s the saddest, most confusing part. If most of them experienced kidney failure, they’d be much more unfortunate than this girl because they don’t have any resources to receive dialysis and probably won’t be placed on a transplant list.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

How can you not see anything wrong with the guy deliberately exploiting another human being's terminal illness. Regardless of how much you dislike the senator, it does not make it right. It's really not about the senator, it could be anyone.

If he didn't want to give his kidney, why go out of his to do all this? Nobody is saying there's anything special the daughter. It could be anyone's daughter. It's not about the family. It's about the fact that if this guy planned this out, then he's extremely wicked. There's no justification for enriching yourself with the possible death of someone else regardless of who. That is not any different from money rituals. He was wasn't forced. He could have declined if he didn't want. You need to understand that in this case, one person's guilt doesn't necessarily vindicate the other. All your responses have been because you dislike the senator and that's why you're flaring up when someone shows sympathy to his dying daughter.

I'm glad this is your last response cause you just degenerated to a gutter discussion with your first line.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

Point taken.

But I am off the mind that the guy would have been in a really desperate frustrating situation because why report yourself to the police if the goal was to stay in the UK? I know of a few Nigerians who find themselves in the UK who happily hustle until they are able to get their papers regularised. I have an Uncle and know of a few others who have been here for years living like this as their intention is not to set foot in Nigeria again until they get themselves sorted. In fact that my Uncle, has even gotten married (only traditionally, not registered) and had kids during the time he has been illegal in the UK and he earns money cash in hand and has full sole use of another relatives dormant account for handling his money.

In the case of David, the first thing the Police would do would be to call immigration and get him sent back home to Nigeria...but instead an investigation was launched on the basis of the report so the evidence must have been damming for the Ekweremadus.

Also, les we forget..21 na still small pickin o and there is not much difference in the brain and rationale from that of a teenager. I believe the Ekweremadus have children around the same age of David who they would like to seek their authority over something as major as giving away an organ.

@bolded, reporting to the authorities at that point offers him the possibility of staying in the UK without sacrificing any part of his body. You don't think that's motive enough?
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
There are thousands of people in need of vital organs living in the UK. These people do not go to Africa to bring disadvantaged youths to the UK to harvest their organs. If they did, it will be illegal.

Ekeremadu’s daughter lives in the UK and got sick and needed a kidney, she was already on the donor list and has more than enough to cover dialysis for 100years if it comes to that, but the criminal senator decided it was better to trafficked an uneducated, disadvantaged youth to get his organ harvested.

I do not care if the guy consented or not. It is morally and legally wrong to buy Human organs. The law was made to protect the vulnerable; you and me. Why some Nigerians are against this guy for going “against “ their agreement is beyond me. People like the senator continuously keep us in poverty, basic amenities are beyond our reach so they can keep exploiting us for their selfish needs. They steal our collective resources, now they want to start taking our vital organs. Why do people try to normalize this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

All this pity being displayed for one person when many other people, some younger than her, have been waiting for a kidney longer than she has. She is covered for dialysis so why can’t she wait like everyone else? Entitlement mentality.

I honestly don’t get it. I know an 8year old girl currently undergoing dialysis at UBTH and the parents are in debt trying to raise money to send her to India. Nobody is talking about the hundreds if not thousands of such people in Nigerian Hospitals. I honestly can’t wait to leave this country.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

@bolded, reporting to the authorities at that point offers him the possibility of staying in the UK without sacrificing any part of his body. You don't think that's motive enough?

He reported himself to the authorities after the operation had already been cancelled and he had already left the Ekweremadu house...so at that point there was no danger of organs being removed....not like any UK Doctor would risk their licence to do such a thing without following full protocal and getting full direct and signed consent with witnesses from the proposed donor anyway.

So I maintain the situation for him must have been very desperate.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
thunder74:
The implications of this ruling is that the boy will not be given protection and asylum again. David is coming back to Nigeria.
He can still get an asylum
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
thunder74:
The implications of this ruling are that the boy will not be given protection and asylum again. David is coming back to Nigeria.
He can still get asylum, asylum is not given to a minor only, where there is a threat to life it being considered he can file for it
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:
There are thousands of people in need of vital organs living in the UK. These people do not go to Africa to bring disadvantaged youths to the UK to harvest their organs. If they did, it will be illegal.

Ekeremadu’s daughter, who lives in the UK and got sick and needed a kidney, she was already on the donor list and has more than enough to cover dialysis for 100years if it comes to that, but the criminal senator decided it was better to trafficked an uneducated, disadvantaged youth to get his organ harvested.

I do not care if the guy consent or not. It is morally and legally wrong to buy Human organs. The law was made to protect the vulnerable; you and me. Why some Nigerians are against this guy for going “against “ their agreement is beyond me. People like the senator continuously keep us in poverty, basic amenities are beyond our reach so they can keep exploiting us for their selfish needs. They steal our collective resources, now they want to start taking our vital organs. Why do people try to normalize this nonsense?

It is very scary.
Even our lawless country of Nigeria has a law against organ harvesting but as with most things, enforcing it has has been challenging. It is also extremely concerning that a lot of Nigerians are justifying selling of organs..even so called professionals on TV without even knowing the law of their own land. The other day on facebook, someone told me that only uncivilized countries don't allow organs to be sold...the whole country needs an educational overhaul because this is embarassing.

The Nigerian Law below:
https://leadership.ng/organ-harvesting-knowing-what-nigerian-law-says/

.....in 2015, the Nigerian government passed into law, the Trafficking in Persons Prohibition, Enforcement and Administrative Act, which deals on the issue of human trafficking.

.... the law states that any person who through force, deception, threat, debt bondage or any form of coercion, abuses a position of power or situation of dominance or authority arising from a given circumstance or abuses a vulnerable situation or through the giving or receiving of payments or benefits in order to induce or obtain the consent of a person directly or through another person who has control over him enlists, transport delivers, accommodates or takes in another person for the purpose of removing the person’s organs, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term of not less than seven years and a fine of not less than N5,000,000.00.

Section 20 (2) of the law states that, without prejudice to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, a person who procures or offers a person, assists or is involved in any way in the removal of human organs or buying and selling of human organs, commits an offence and is liable on conviction imprisonment for a term of not less than seven years and to a fine of not less than N 5,000,000.

“Section 20 (3) also states that any person who enlists, transports, delivers, accommodates or takes in another person under the age of 18 years for the purpose of removing the person’s organs, commits an offence and is liable of conviction to imprisonment for a term of not less than seven years and a fine of not less than N5,000,000.00.”

Ike Ekweremadu as one of Nigeria's top lawyers should have been aware of the above at least as well as the fact that even though it may not be enforced in Nigeria, it is taken seriously in other countries he plans to visit. He is very lucky he got caught in the UK sha as I believe that the legal system can be quite lenient here in that that they offer ligher sentences. Had he been caught in the US, him and wifey would possibly be looking at 20 years without the possibility of Parole for at least 10.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

He reported himself to the authorities after the operation had already been cancelled and he had already left the Ekweremadu house...so at that point there was no danger of organs being removed....not like any UK Doctor would risk their licence to do such a thing without following full protocal and getting full direct and signed consent with witnesses from the proposed donor anyway.

So I maintain the situation for him must have been very desperate.

So at that point, it was already obvious the operation had failed. Could it be that he wouldn't get the full package if things didn't go as planned? Maybe they agreed he'd still get paid regardless of how it goes but he'd have to return to Nigeria if it didn't go well? Would that be motive enough? At this point, we can only speculate but I'm not closing my eyes to the possibility of premeditated plan to exploit the senator's daughter's sickness. Both parties were desperate.

I don't why these other guys don't see anything wrong with the guy deliberately exploiting another human beings terminal illness. Regardless of how much they dislike the senator, it does not make it right. It's really not about the senator, it could be anyone.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

It is very scary.
Even our lawless country of Nigeria has a law against organ harvesting but as with most things, enforcing it has has been challenging. It is also extremely concerning that a lot of Nigerians are justifying selling of organs..even so called professionals on TV without even knowing the law of their own land. The other day on facebook, someone told me that only uncivilized countries don't allow organs to be sold...the whole country needs an educational overhaul because this is embarassing.

The Nigerian Law below:
https://leadership.ng/organ-harvesting-knowing-what-nigerian-law-says/

Ike Ekweremadu as one of Nigeria's top lawyers should have been aware of the above at least as well as the fact that even though it may not be enforced in Nigeria, it is taken seriously in other countries he plans to visit. He is very lucky he got caught in the UK sha as I believe that the legal system can be quite lenient here in that that they offer ligher sentences. Had he been caught in the US, him and wifey would possibly be looking at 20 years without the possibility of Parole for at least 10.

Thank you for this. Like you rightly said, our laws are not enforced and he didn’t bank on this boy reporting him.

Looking at the article you shared, I’m very uncomfortable with that fact that there’s an option to pay 5M or go to jail. If this case is transferred to Nigeria( are there any grounds? Seeing as he isn’t a serving senator, hence no immunity) I’m sure the worst judgement a Nigerian judge will pass is to either spend 7years or less in prison or pay the 5M. Nigeria is a sad place to live.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by CITIBEN(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Never you insult grace to avoid disgrace
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

So at that point, it was already obvious the operation had failed. Could it be that he wouldn't get the full package if things didn't go as planned? Maybe they agreed he'd still get paid regardless of how it goes but he'd have to return to Nigeria if it didn't go well? Would that be motive enough? At this point, we can only speculate but I'm not closing my eyes to the possibility of premeditated plan to exploit the senator's daughter's sickness. Both parties were desperate.

I don't why these other guys don't see anything wrong with the guy deliberately exploiting another human beings terminal illness. Regardless of how much they dislike the senator, it does not make it right. It's really not about the senator, it could be anyone.

The only exploitation here is the from the Ekweremadu's camp.

David is not responsible for the daughter's illness
David would have no knowledge of the daughter's illness if not for the Ekweremadu's recruiting him into this mess
David did not purchase his own ticket to the UK
David did not book himself into the Royal Free Hospital
David did not apply for a visa to the UK
David has a right to say no at any time, regardless of if consent was previously given.
David is a human being whose his life matters
David has a right to keep both of his God Given Kidneys
David's life is worth no less than the Ekweremadu's daughter
David, just like the Ekweremadu's twenty something year old children, is also somebody's child.
David is a victim

Again there is a reason why he was desperate enough to report his predicament to the Police, instead of going underground and hustling like most Nigerians who find themselves in the UK without papers if he really wanted to stay in the country. Exposing yourself to the authorities who have the power to put you back on the next thing smoking back to Lagos doesn't tally up with your assessment

As for the Ekweremadu's camp...

Who has access to David's personal documents and is plastering online because it is certainly not David and that is another form of exploitation as there is no reason for another unrelated adult to be in possession of the personal data and documents of another.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by drnoel: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
WarriAproko:
why didn't they test him in Nigeria. Beside the Doctor called the police

Good question. There are some tests that are still being difficult to source in Nigeria. That doesn't mean they can't be ordered and the testing done in Nigeria. But then am not in their head to know why they decided the former. Time will tell

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari / Patience Jonathan Threw Bianca Ojukwu Out Of Aso Rock For Flirting With GEJ-Kemi / MKO Abiola’s Grave 18 Years After (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.