Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,263 members, 7,974,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:29 PM

Tsetse Fly And Genetic Cause Of Kidney Disease In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tsetse Fly And Genetic Cause Of Kidney Disease In Nigeria (26994 Views)

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Tsetse Fly And Genetic Cause Of Kidney Disease In Nigeria by andico34: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
einsteine:

Your first sentence shows you did not read.

Nigerians abroad and Nigerians in Nigeria, do they have different genes?

It's like asking while do we have sickle cell among blacks in the US when there is no malaria. Yet Sickle cell trait is an adaptation to high incidence of Malaria.
this is an interesting find ...though there is still a dearth of knowledge in the regulation of this gene and the cross talk between it and a parent gene known as APOA 1 also invariably linked to INOS / NO gene and pathway which if upregulated can bring about fetal hemoglobin induction in SCA patients and thus bring about an amelioration
Re: Tsetse Fly And Genetic Cause Of Kidney Disease In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
This insect day my farm oo. Whenever I miss killing It, it will still come again and again and again. So foolish. I just learn to calm down and allow it to bite through my cloth a little. Then zap! I kill it. Always wear long sleeves and trousers in infected areas. Ladies, cover your unclothedness. May God protect us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

389 New COVID-19 Cases, 130 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 6 (1,442 Tested) / 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan / 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.