Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,906 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church (47840 Views)

We Demolished Ganduje’s Roundabout Because It Carries Sign Of The Cross – Baffa / Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor / Barrister Ejiofor Takes #FreeNnamdiKanu Campaign To Odumeje's Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by aujile(m): 8:37am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:
Sometimes I wish instead of demolishing 'illegal' structures, government should convert them to some other uses.

Haba nah!
Something you were told was blocking the water way?
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Kizyte(m): 8:39am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:
Sometimes I wish instead of demolishing 'illegal' structures, government should convert them to some other uses.

Your reasoning no follow at all bro.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Yungmil: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2022
House wey I build on solid rock water carry am go.

I know one day e go better.

Who knows d lyrics
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by babydioku(f): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2022
His security post was demolished not the main building
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by CommonSense1967: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2022
Just see how all these usual online religious and tribal wailers don't see any issue with this act.

Now change the location to North, change the name of the Governor to Muhammed or El Rufai - by now the Criminal Association of Nigeria CAN, and their online delusional brainwashed shallow low IQ wailers would have broken the internet with their cacophony of Islamization and tribal diatribes.
This just goes to show that these people are pathetic and very very shallow.

Religious fanatical HYPOCRITES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hisgrace090: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2022
sreamsense:
I am not fan of Odumeje but to be honest government is doing right thing in the wrong manner. How can you give just two months notice to church that has established for years without making temporary arrangement choices for them first or pay them compensation first to show that government is responsible? The victims who are feeding through the church are not begging government for money or their upkeep, but yet government got mind of blowing off their sources of daily income without showing more care and compassion than just to issue enforcement order.

Soludo is enjoying free, steady huge monthly and daily income, but thinks life is easy for somebody you demolish his source of income before peaking up so fast again. He will certainly loose members due to distance or otherwise ; and starting all over to raise church and members after lots of wasted investment is never so easy practically than mere talks. Government should have shown more concern by offering them temporary locations of choice within the vicinity to use and issue them compensations agreed on time so they can purchase another land and begins building.

Soludo did not really plan this thing out very well with wisdom, two months is too short even landlord won't give you that kind of short notice.

Even landlord cant give you such short notice talk less of govt over a big church.
It is very painful.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Globad(f): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

A structure that is being demolished because of blocking a waterway is difficult, if not impossible, to convert.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by grandstar(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2022
citygarden:
But two months notice is short time to relocate a building. Even if it rent, landlord most give you six months notice. Talkless of removing a whole building. This is still wickedness. Lagos state is good at this kind of wickedness

If you give them too much time, I won't be surprised if they frustrate the process by going to court or finding other means possible.

But most importantly, did he respect planning laws? As a so called man of God, he should have known better (Read Romans 13:1-7)

I am a Jehovah's Witness and we do our utmost to respect the government as long as it does not conflict with scripture doctrines.

I remember some years back when we wanted to make some changes to our kingdom hall in Ikeja. It cost us about 1m for the permit alone. Of course to get the permit, town planners would have visited the kingdom hall premises and gone through our designs before it was giving. The process takes a lot of time but it worth it. It was a time consuming process.

In Haiti during the 2010 earthquake, our kingdom halls remained standing as we used earthquake proof standards mandated by the law.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Tonnierichy(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

You are not smart.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ogatboy(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2022
We have very arrogant leaders. Even if it was illegal, he built it with money. You do not just go and demolish structures. Have a meeting, tell them they need to relocate, compensate them. When they were building, where was the government to stop the construction?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by SeriouslySense(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2022
I saw the water very close to the building, so its right to demolish the building, this should encourage people to be more environmentally conscious when purchasing lands and developing properties. We just build, we do not care about the effect on water quality, wind flow and the overall effect on the future.

Due to high levels of corruptions, environmental regulators are compromised or unable to enforce regulations.

If the pastor that people revere can do that, then it shows that we as a people lack a lot of environmental awareness or do not respect the environment and we all suffer for it.

The government should compensate him or maybe investigate how property was acquired and if he was aware of the environmental consequences, he should not be compensated.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by VEHINTOLAR: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2022
Whatever that odumeje guy has been using failed him that day. He was slapped and rough handled like a nobody ! Chai, some people's "man of god" !
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by rafcrown(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2022
Nigerian politians;born and made to demolish and to tell lies.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by redcliff: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

It does not work that way.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Onyenna(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

This particular one can’t be converted cos it’s blocking a waterway and causing damage to the environment......
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Realhommie(m): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2022
Fcwilly:

The way you reason is the reason Nigeria is remaining where it is today, you are reasoning backward.
He only asked a question,a very salient one at that...

El Rufai demolished churches and the uproar was high up to the heavens, christians saw it as an attack on Christianity, he was branded short devil, antichrist, etc. Especially from a section of this country,we all know. There was genuine reasons for those demolitions but it didn't matter to them, they didn't care.

Now one of their governor has done same, agreed his reason is genuine, he is being hailed, no outcry, no wailing, it's not an attack on Christianity but it is the right thing to do which of course i agree..

Do you now see why he asked a very important question? Why the double standards? Why the hypocrisy? Please ask yourself....
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by seyimailbox: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2022
The notice is too short! Government should not condescend to gra gra approach
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Exceed15: 9:47am On Jul 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It was reported that only the security house was affected and not the main building.

But the taskforce men funny Sha, see the way they slapped him like those homeless traffic robbers for Lagos

But it's unfair.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Kzinne: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2022
saintkeppy:

Illegal structure is illegal by Law, no two ways about it,

How can you turn an illegal structure to useful structure, when it's on the right of way or drainages which may lead to future flooding, claiming lives&properties. Smh
don't mind the idioot. Convert rubbish
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by HilcomTech(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2022
There is too much hypocrisy in Nigeria.

There are so many illegal churches in Kaduna like that and El-Rufai gives far more than 6 months notice before demolishion, yet some BIGOTS will be insulting El-Rufai for sanitising Kaduna state.

El-Rufai has demolished so many mosques yet the Muslims are not shouting Christianisation
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by fof1: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

IT WILL NOT SERVE D PURPOSES...BCOZ THEY ARE OBSTRUCTING DRAINAGE AND WATERWAYS...ENCOURAGING FLOODING IN D TOWN AND DESTROYING OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTIES, PLS... D BEST IS TO REMOVE THEM OUTRIGHTLY...PAVING WAYS FOR WATER CHANNELS.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ozo13(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

sitting on water way
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hush15: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2022
NwaNimo1:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/07/07/why-we-demolished-odumejes-church-soludo/

I saw the video of the demolution and I was able to see the environment where the building was situated. In all honesty, Odumeje's building is not as close as the buildings behind it and those along the water way. Now, am not saying it is not an illegal structure, am just saying that bulldozer should thru all those buildings behind following Odumeje's own. It will be unfair not to whether they have approval or not.

If it is an approval issue, they could have just sealed premises till the right thing is done but if it is about building in the wrong place, then I expect to see more demolitions of buildings along that river or canal bank.

That been said, it is still not an excuse for his task force team to act in a condescending manner. They should act professionally and in a more organized manner. Not acting rudely and beating indiscriminately.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hush15: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2022
sreamsense:
I am not fan of Odumeje but to be honest government is doing right thing in the wrong manner. How can you give just two months notice to church that has established for years without making temporary arrangement choices for them first or pay them compensation first to show that government is responsible? The victims who are feeding through the church are not begging government for money or their upkeep, but yet government got mind of blowing off their sources of daily income without showing more care and compassion than just to issue enforcement order.

Soludo is enjoying free, steady huge monthly and daily income, but thinks life is easy for somebody you demolish his source of income before peaking up so fast again. He will certainly loose members due to distance or otherwise ; and starting all over to raise church and members after lots of wasted investment is never so easy practically than mere talks. Government should have shown more concern by offering them temporary locations of choice within the vicinity to use and issue them compensations agreed on time so they can purchase another land and begins building.

Soludo did not really plan this thing out very well with wisdom, two months is too short even landlord won't give you that kind of short notice.

While I agree on some of you comment, some of your comments I don't agree with because it's gives an outlook that depicts church as means of income. Nonetheless Soludo should ensure that his demolution is not selective.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by RillJ(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

1. No one can make legality out of illegality
2. If govt has and exercise such powers it can easily be abused. All the govt would need to take 'fraudulently' convert a building to her own use would be to simply declare such as illegal
3. Where a building is found to be be hindering public safety, the only legal and logical solution is to remove (demolish) such structure(s). This is why people are cautioned not to build on water ways etc
4. Odumeje at al shouldn't have erected such structures in the first instance.
5. Assuming without conceding that he acted in ignorance ab-initio, Odumeja ought to have gone for an alternative site and build his when he was notified. He certainly can afford it
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Rickmann: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Bluntemperor:

God bless you bro.
I'm not his Church Member and I know he is likely stepped on some toes over there but for Christ Sake, Governor Soludo should have given this young man the respect!
How can your Agents slapped this man ,as its recorded on the life- video? That is unfair and the man has more sympathy now than before!
Soludo is doing many things wrong.

Exactly.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Rickmann: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2022
chigoziri2403:

How many months is the standard?

I don't really know the standard but in my own assessment ,I think one year should be enough cos it's a church we talking about here not a shop or kiosk.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Leonbonapart(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2022
LOLSeeComment:

Imagine if that was an El Rufai or Sanwo Olu government... Would you justify the demolition and attack on Odumeje so well? This is why people prefer to do their business outside southeast.

Hypocrites of the highest order... My question is El Rufai demolished building on to similar reasons why didn't you guys use this understand instead of shouting attack on Christianity and islamization?
elrufai is a short man devil jihadist terrorist. I call him that killer of his own people. He is the one killing the people of Southern Kaduna. And you sir is an headslammer. All Muslims are the same 'bad'. Islamabad
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by LOLSeeComment: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
Leonbonapart:
elrufai is a short man devil jihadist terrorist. I call him that killer of his own people. He is the one killing the people of Southern Kaduna. And you sir is an headslammer. All Muslims are the same 'bad'. Islamabad
Na so... Can you prove any of these in a court of law
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by chigoziri2403(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
Rickmann:

I don't really know the standard but in my own assessment ,I think one year should be enough cos it's a church we talking about here not a shop or kiosk.
why did he not vet the land before building,proper enquiries would have saved him this waste
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by kayjay69(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2022

I am not fan of Odumeje but to be honest government is doing right thing in the wrong manner. How can you give just two months notice to church that has established for years without making temporary arrangement choices for them first or pay them compensation first to show that government is responsible?

This is not the job of government. The property in question was ILLEGAL hence zero compensation is required.

It would have been a different matter if the property was legally acquired but government felt the need to build on such.

See you cannot have it both ways. Odumeje was wrong to build on a designated waterway. Actions have consequences and no one is above the law of the land. I know Nigeria is f***** up but every once in a while when government tries to do right I believe we should applaud not try to muddy up the waters.
sreamsense:

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by LordOfTheGame: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
Two months or three is not enough to have swung into action of demolition. Soludo should have given him more time or a temporary site while a gradual arrangement to demolish the place is being made. Soludo should be careful so that he doesn't end up like Rochas Okorocha who enjoyed people's goodwill in the beginning but mess things up by himself during his time as governor of IMO State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo And His Wife With Adams Oshiomhole And Wife Today In Edo State(pic) / How Buhari Was Conveyed From Indian Airport (Photos) / We Were Beaten At APC Convention, Our Phones Stolen – Foreign Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.