Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,563 members, 7,941,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate (1876 Views)

Why I Refused To Be Peter Obi's Running Mate – Kwankwaso / Why I Accepted To Be Peter Obi’s Running Mate –datti / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Latestreport1: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dati Baba-Ahmed, running mate of Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 elections, has given reason why he accepted to team up with the former Governor of Anambra State.

See video of the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gelyu-Zgslg

Speaking when he was formally unveiled in Abuja on Friday, Baba-Ahmed said he accepted to be Obi’s running mate because he believes in his capacity to make Nigeria live up to its billing.

He added he also trusts that Obi would not mismanage the nation’s wealth, adding that the Labour Party’s outing as Anambra governor lends credence to that.

The Director General of the Peter Obi Campaign Organization, Dr. Doyin Okupe, who has been a Vice Presidential candidate placeholder, had stepped down on Thursday.

His resignation was to pave way for the substantive running mate from the northern extraction to balance the geopolitical and religious considerations.

The LP entered into merger talks with the Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso’s New Nigeria Peoples Party, (NNPP). However, the talks collapsed due to the inability of the parties to agree on who would be the eventual flag bearer if the merger arrangements had scaled through.

Obi’s candidacy has received massive acceptance across the country especially among the youths and has metamorphosed into a campaign known as #Obidient Movement with the slogan: #TakeBackNaija.

The LP presidential running mate, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed is a 46 year old academic, businessman and politician.

He was a member of the House of Representatives between 2003 and 2007, and was elected Senator for Kaduna North, in Kaduna State, in April 2011 running on the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) ticket, with a remarkable record for sponsoring important bills and motions in short time.

In 2011, Senator Baba-Ahmed established Baze University, an independent university located in Abuja, and Baba-Ahmed University, Kano (Awaiting License).

In 2015, Baba-Ahmed was appointed as Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Hope Alive Foundation, which campaigns for post-service economic survival of corps members who suffered permanent disability during service.

https://platinumpost.ng/2022/07/08/just-in-why-i-accepted-to-be-peter-obis-running-mate-baba-ahmed/

2 Likes

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Odefani: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
My own is that I do not want all these Cabals again. They are milking the country dry in spite our many economic challenges.

A vote for any of their candidate is a vote for increase Looting in Government

10 Likes

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by CyynthiaKiss(f): 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Lovely....
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by ablejesus26(m): 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
Two awesome personalities.
Hands join in hands we can all Labor together to pull down this demonic apc stronghold that has shown Nigerians suffering unimaginable and almost unbearable.
I am ObiDient.

8 Likes

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by mycar: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nigeria will be great again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Viscuz: 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
For people saying north won’t vote Obi I laugh you because you are ignorant.

The running mate of peter Obi is the younger brother of the northern elders forum chairman Ahmed baba grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Dreal1247: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Obi has been a successful businessman and and also the running mate has been successfully in his field. I see them as people who come to work and not the traditional rogues who came in as Mr nobody only to convert the common wealth into personal riches.
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
OBIHAMED 2023

1 Like

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Abfinest007(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
Only in obi our hope can be restored
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Kelsmatuc(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Y I want Obi
If u are not tired of terrorist, bandits, unknown gunmen disrupting d peace of Nigeria pls don't vote Obi

If u are not tired of everyday increase in common commodities n basic needs pls don't vote Obi

If u are not tired ASUU strike, quota system, educational neglect pls don't vote Obi

If u are not tired of our debt profile, borrowing almost everyday from China, IMF, World bank...pls don't vote Obi

If u are not tired of unemployment, provision of basic needs like water n electricity.....please don't vote Obi

If u are not tired of health strike, medical strike n what have u....please don't vote Obi

1 Like

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Seezion: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
These are the kind of vibrant young men we need as leaders in the country. Meanwhile, I read he was a member house of reps in 2003-2007. 46 - 19, was he 27 while in the house?
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Wintertime: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Mstick: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
Obasanjo's fingerprints all over this.

Waiting for the Obasanjo is not a Yoruba man but the son of an Igbo man rumor to resurface again.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by 1nice(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Congratulations to Dati Baba-Ahmed, the incoming Vice President of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria Come 2023.

Congratulations to the incoming President of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria; Peter Obi for his new running mate Dati Baba-Ahmed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by SmartPolician: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
A great team!

If Nigerians mess up in 2023, nobody should come online and beg anyone.

1 Like

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
Obidient Nigeria!.
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by floss(m): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Viscuz:

The running mate of peter Obi is the younger brother of the northern elders forum chairman Ahmed baba grin
A master stroke.Nigeria will be great again
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by xeonsystems: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Excellent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Viscuz: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
A master stroke.Nigeria will be great again

Only if Agbado boys will all join hands
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Vistra40: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Seezion:
These are the kind of vibrant young men we need as leaders in the country. Meanwhile, I read he was a member house of reps in 2003-2007. 46 - 19, was he 27 while in the house?

It’s possible
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by UptownVibes(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
Where are the no structure guys? grin How are you guys seeing this structure?

1 Like

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by abobote: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good decision.
All hands must be on deck to actualise this noble cause
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by UptownVibes(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
Viscuz:

They know nothing my gee
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Blackfire(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Rubbish

Structure less party.. unknown candidate... the 2 look so poor and unpresentable

Don't waste your vote on this scammers
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Viscuz: 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
UptownVibes:
They know nothing my gee

We move with vawulence comrade grin

1 Like

Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by Blaqroman0000: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Blackfire:
Rubbish

Structure less party.. unknown candidate... the 2 look so poor and unpresentable

no let poverty finish you.. All your thread you were just advertising peoples car for buyers... Adin 'osou aya' no dey tire you... You want continue like this till you die

Change your mindset make poverty self consider you say u Don try leave you
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by afbstrategies: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
This is a sensible team for a better and progressive Nigeria. Time to get rid of tired old corrupt leaders who don't really care about us.
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by OkoroBufo: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
You are making the biggest mistakes of your life. It'd be easier for you to become a VP in your father's country, (Mauritania) than in Nigeria. We will never hand over our country to an Ipob ( Peter Obi ) much less an Arab.

-Okoro bufo
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
No place for an agbado and cassava President.
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by techWriter3: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: Dati Baba-Ahmed - Why I accepted to be Peter Obi’s running mate by logicalhumour: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
Blackfire:
Rubbish

Hahaha. For some reason, I will gladly waste my vote this time!!!!

Who's with me?

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Speak In Atlanta ,likely To Be Interviewed By CNN. See Details... / 2023: Trying To Go Through The Church Not The Right Path, Okowa Tells Obi / Four Future Yoruba Outcast~~photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.