Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,880 members, 7,973,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:06 AM

Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot (2301 Views)

My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Hafizah(f): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2022
mastermaestro:
I can relate. grin Some people will think you are joking. I had a similar experience when I moved into my current apartment. Unfortunately those huge rats are resistant to the regular rat poison those vendors sell now. If you like litter your entire kitchen with it, they will eat and clean mouth. grin

Your first step would be to plug all the holes in your apartment. Get some quantity of cement and sand, do the mixture and lock all holes inside your apartment. Check for holes in the rooms, toilet, bathroom, wardrobe, and socket spots. I am telling you what I did. If you are able to do this, then if any of them gets dug out the next day, then you should know where your problem lies. Then you can now use a little piece of rock or foam, squeeze it into the hole before applying mixture of cement and sand.

As I type a particular big rat is trapped inside a hole in my bathroom. grin Every night it tries to come out through the water outlet without success. But for a while now, the noise has stopped. Dude may be dead. grin

Back to the measures I took. Check the entrance of your apartment for holes and block all of them. Do the same thing around your apartment walls, especially towards the ground. When you have successfully closed up all hiding places, get ready to confront the rat. You either get a trap, or have a weapon on standby as you rely on your vigilance to kill it at the slightest opportunity. Yes this was how I eliminated the last rat that wouldn’t go away because it had nowhere to hide anymore. It was a joyful ending. cheesy

I detest rats! angry Finally, ensure you don’t leave your entrance doors open if you have no protective net doors. This is the commonest way rats enter an apartment, especially in the evenings.
You have spoken well. OP also needs to take a day off, bring all things out of his kitchen and ensure if there is any hole in his kitchen cupboards or walls, cement and block all exposed entrances, check yr roofing too, does he have torn window nets. Also make sure all food stuffs are in a tight container and covered properly.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by mastermaestro(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2022
Hafizah:
You have spoken well. OP also needs to take a day off, bring all things out of his kitchen and ensure if there is any hole in his kitchen cupboards or walls, cement and block all exposed entrances, check yr roofing too, does he have torn window nets. Also make sure all food stuffs are in a tight container and covered properly.

You covered me up on the window nets part. Rats are good climbers. grin Mine was so bad that those evil things were having nocturnal meetings on my parlour couch, leaving their poop for me to clean up. This was what angered me most. grin

2 Likes

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Hafizah(f): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
mastermaestro:

You covered me up on the window nets part. Rats are good climbers. grin Mine was so bad that those evil things were having nocturnal meetings on my parlour couch, leaving their poop for me to clean up. This was what angered me most. grin
Smiles.. Disgusting creatures

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter From Daughter To Mother / What Will You Do If U Meet Your Wife Like This / What Should I Do Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.