Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? (1499 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by JapaProf: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
It is not uncommon to hear the word 'japa' on the lip of 1 in 5 Nigerians. From study visa to work permit to trying to get remote jobs. it seems every Nigerian is finding a way to either vacate Nigeria fully or disconnect from the Nigerian job market.

The Canada obsession, sharing visa success stories, ASUU strike et al all paint the picture of a deliberate people who are eagerly seeking a better life outside Nigeria.

The question goes thus: Why are you still in Nigeria? Do you consider yourself better in Nigeria? If yes, what do you think will make you decide to finally leave? for those who have left in the past, why did you decide to return?

Leave your comment below smiley
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by incandescentena: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
grin

I want to wait and experience Mr. Peter OBI's live INAUGURATION ad the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by shilenji(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
The same reason you've decided to stay.

1 Like

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Cypress042: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by wittywriter: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
incandescentena:
grin

I want to wait and experience Mr. Peter OBI's live INAUGURATION ad the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Pinned

No place like home...

@wittywriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Ever8090: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
If you want to know why, send me enough money that can take me to Cotonou and you will get your answer
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by vastolord4(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Most people don't have the means to.. few people don't see the need cos they are comfortable. The successful have the luxury of deciding if to stay or leave .Then the politicians can be abroad and dictate to make the lives of struggling Nigerians more miserable without a green biro

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Karlovych: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
grin grin I believe in the vision and plans of our darling daddy!

1 Like

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Cousin9999: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
You're asking people why they haven't left their home where they grew up and all their family and ancestral land are?

ETA: You're asking why people haven't left a sunny place with vibrant culture and delicious food?

4 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by eyinola: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please ,is the anything like work Permit to Canada? How legti can dat be?
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by isholapeter9(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
Absolutely it’s MONEY issue.
Can you help please?

JapaProf:
It is not uncommon to hear the word 'japa' on the lip of 1 in 5 Nigerians. From study visa to work permit to trying to get remote jobs. it seems every Nigerian is finding a way to either vacate Nigeria fully or disconnect from the Nigerian job market.

The Canada obsession, sharing visa success stories, ASUU strike et al all paint the picture of a deliberate people who are eagerly seeking a better life outside Nigeria.

The question goes thus: Why are you still in Nigeria? Do you consider yourself better in Nigeria? If yes, what do you think will make you decide to finally leave? for those who have left in the past, why did you decide to return?

Leave your comment below smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by eyinola: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
JapaProf:

Yes, if you get a job in Canada, you should be eligible to get a work permit if you meet IRCC requirement.
okay, thanks for the info bro
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Giorgia: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2022
Upon Brazilian passport wey I get no money on ground to relocate!

3 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Lamanii22(f): 1:04am On Jul 09, 2022
No money for now, when I eventually have the money, I would only travel for vacation nothing more... there’s no place like home. I love my country Nigeria, we just need visionary leaders to make it better...
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by dasparrow: 1:56am On Jul 09, 2022
I was not born in Nigeria but grew up there. I don't live in Nigeria but all my siblings and immediate family members do and they have no intentions of going anywhere because they have their careers, their properties which they own and their families there in Nigeria.

Nigerians need to understand that running away from your homeland is not always the best decision. We who are in the Americas have began stocking up on food because a food shortage is coming. Farmers are being told to get rid of their crops and livestock while farmers in places like the Netherlands are told to reduce farming by 30% to curb emissions. They are currently protesting.

The UK'S government is in shambles and Boris Johnson's cabinet members resigned on him before he decided to resign too, lol.

We Nigerians and Africans in general, need to realize that when the economic collapse begins in the West and whites can't find food to buy due to food shortages amongst other things, they will no longer tolerate Black people in their spaces and faces. What you saw Ukrainians do to Africans that wanted to leave their country at the start of the Russian - Ukraine war is child's play to what Africans will face abroad in the not so distant future.

Anybody who is still looking to japa with all that is currently going on in the world is out of their minds.

Africans just never learn. It is because you don't want to fix your country, that is the reason why an increasing number of foreign missions in Nigeria are making it so difficult for Nigerians to get a visa.

No country wants liability. Nigeria is your homeland and a time is fast approaching when our presence in the West and elsewhere will not be welcomed. Once the citizens of the countries will love running to are no longer comfortable, they will begin to show hostility and aggression towards foreigners even if said foreigners have their "papers."

We better fix our homeland before it's too late. A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by sweetmelanin(f): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2022
dasparrow:
I was not born in Nigeria but grew up there. I don't live in Nigeria but all my siblings and immediate family members do and they have no intentions of going anywhere because they have their careers, their properties which they own and their families there in Nigeria.

Nigerians need to understand that running away from your homeland is not always the best decision. We who are in the Americas have began stocking up on food because a food shortage is coming. Farmers are being told to get rid of their crops and livestock while farmers in places like the Netherlands are told to reduce farming by 30% to curb emissions. They are currently protesting.

The UK'S government is in shambles and Boris Johnson's cabinet members resigned on him before he decided to resign too, lol.

We Nigerians and Africans in general, need to realize that when the economic collapse begins in the West and whites can't find food to buy due to food shortages amongst other things, they will no longer tolerate Black people in their spaces and faces. What you saw Ukrainians do to Africans that wanted to leave their country at the start of the Russian - Ukraine war is child's play to what Africans will face abroad in the not so distant future.

Anybody who is still looking to japa with all that is currently going on in the world is out of their minds.

Africans just never learn. It is because you don't want to fix your country, that is the reason why an increasing number of foreign missions in Nigeria are making it so difficult for Nigerians to get a visa.

No country wants liability. Nigeria is your homeland and a time is fast approaching when our presence in the West and elsewhere will not be welcomed. Once the citizens of the countries will love running to are no longer comfortable, they will begin to show hostility and aggression towards foreigners even if said foreigners have their "papers."

Emotional write up but I wish you gave a balanced prospective.

Do you think Nigeria, a third world colonial contraption, wouldn't also suffer from the global economic crisis despite being largely dependent on imports & handouts from the West and China?

Of course, the West is not only crumbling under economic turmoil but is also self destructing with their perverse 'woke' ideologies - the West is surely headed for doom unless a u-turn is made drastically. It's beyond economics at this point.

Nigerians, on the other hand, do not only have a foolish habit of imitating the worst part of Western influence, but a greater evil is in the way we continuously ignore/distract ourselves from the immediate threat currently facing the country. I noticed Nigerians in Nigeria are more up to date with foreign affairs e.g. Boris Johnson's resignation, US economic issues, shootings etc.. than keeping up with the blatant and ongoing conquest mission propogated by Northern hegemony (fully hijacked by the descendants of fulani settlers) against the South & middle belt.

The daily deaths & casualties recorded Nigeria alone is worse than many war torn countries and if the status quo continues, Nigeria may become Afghanistan 2.0, fully overrun by terrorists.

First worry about how to rid ourselves of the deadly sahelian militia they have settled into our forests in the South, also worry about the sahelian 'Nigerian' military they have deployed to our states to ensure we cannot defend ourselves, because by the time they carry out that which they have been sent to do, economic downturn will be the least of worries.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Yemideee: 7:06am On Jul 09, 2022
Not enough funds.
Saying that it's better to stay and build naija might be true.As for me,I believe there's a time to leave and a time to come back.Right now, I just want to leave!
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by alien1: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
Yemideee:
Not enough funds.
Saying that it's better to stay and build naija might be true.As for me,I believe there's a time to leave and a time to come back.Right now, I just want to leave!
Who wins 2023 election will decide if I will stay behind
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Yemideee: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2022
alien1:

Who wins 2023 election will decide if I will stay behind
Good for you bro.I am less concerned about who wins or who loses.
My soul and mind has left this country a long time ago...
All that remains is financial breakthrough or help(whichever comes first) so my body can also leave...(sighs)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Giorgia: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2022
JapaProf:

Are you married to a Brazilian or a naturalized Brazilian?
I was born there, my parents are the naturalised citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
sweetmelanin:

Do you think Nigeria, a third world colonial contraption, wouldn't also suffer from the global economic crisis despite being largely dependent on imports & handouts from the West and China?

Of course, the West is not only crumbling under economic turmoil but is also self destructing with their perverse 'woke' ideologies - the West is surely headed for doom unless a u-turn is made drastically. It's beyond economics at this point.

Nigerians, on the other hand, do not only have a foolish habit of imitating the worst part of Western influence, but a greater evil is in the way we continuously ignore/distract ourselves from the immediate threat currently facing the country. I noticed Nigerians in Nigeria are more up to date with foreign affairs e.g. Boris Johnson's resignation, US economic issues, shootings etc.. than keeping up with the blatant and ongoing conquest mission propogated by Northern hegemony (fully hijacked by the descendants of fulani settlers) against the South & middle belt.

The daily deaths & casualties recorded Nigeria alone is worse than many war torn countries and if the status quo continues, Nigeria may become Afghanistan 2.0, fully overrun by terrorists.

First worry about how to rid ourselves of the deadly sahelian militia they have settled into our forests in the South, also worry about the sahelian 'Nigerian' military they have deployed to our states to ensure we cannot defend ourselves, because by the time they carry out that which they have been sent to do, economic downturn will be the least of worries

Oh! The death rates in Nigeria have ballooned with the past seven years, and Christians are disproportionately affected. Regarding the bold, if nothing drastic is done, the country will be islamised in a decade or two.

BTW, Dasparrow who you quoted has deep hatred for Nigeria(ns) and actually fled Nigeria to a no-name country in Central America (Central America o) because she found it to be too brutish YET is actively practicing online witchcraft discouraging young and ambitious Nigerians from doing the same.

P.S. How exactly are woke ideologies contributing to crumbling of western societies?

3 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by lady25(f): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
I'm still searching for care company to give me certificate of sponsorship
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by TheEnforcer: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
dasparrow:

You are Always anti people moving abroad.Yet you were born abroad. Look let people decide what is good enough .your reasons aren't even cogent enough.You are talking about food shortages and that people will turn on Africans in the US?Just listen to yourself. Look ,People will always immigrate from one country to another for different reasons.It isn't your job to be telling anyone to stay back saying they won't do well elsewhere. If you wanna live in Nigeria,go and reside there and enjoy your life and let others live wherever they deem fit.Eveeyone is responsible for their own decisions

5 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by TheEnforcer: 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
sweetmelanin:

First worry about how to rid ourselves of the deadly sahelian militia they have settled into our forests in the South, also worry about the sahelian 'Nigerian' military they have deployed to our states to ensure we cannot defend ourselves, because by the time they carry out that which they have been sent to do, economic downturn will be the least of worries.
Don't mind him.His viewpoint is not balanced yet he is always trying to convince Nigerians to stay back.Yet he was born abroad

3 Likes

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Greattestman: 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
I aced jamb.Still waiting to be admitted into a private university for my Bachelor's.After that na Masters go make me japa to America and no return afterwards.

@JapaProf.

1 Like

Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by ibechris(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
If I live Nigeria now that I will turn 40 next year,then who will help us to fight the wicked govt in power...I mean,my children's future is as stake here,so I can't leave Nigeria to an unknown land for now.

Fela came back and fought for the future of his children,same way late Gani Fawenhmi fought for the future of his children here in Nigeria.

If we all leave Nigeria,evil will certainly prevail and good men would be scarce to fight this evil amongst us
Re: Why Have You Not Left Nigeria? by Focusmind: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2022
Cousin9999:
You're asking people why they haven't left their home where they grew up and all their family and ancestral land are?

ETA: You're asking why people haven't left a sunny place with vibrant culture and delicious food?

The reasons you mentioned here are the more reasons that made me to stay put in this country. The country is bad but there are certain things you cannot get abroad. However, my wife is pushing seriously for this "japa" for her and the kids and I have started to consider her demand. I dont intend to go with them as my job is here in Nigeria. I am working towards their "japa" while I remain put here to "enjoy" the benefits that comes with being in ones country. Though, I will have to visit my family once or twice in a year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Morocco Visa / Cheap Hotel Prices In Ghana / Italian Family Reuunion Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.