Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship (2121 Views)

My boyfriend Says He Has "PLAN B" Is he cheating? / Make Up For A Plan B. / Men Beware,women Always Have A Plan B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Orikinla(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2011
If your relationship is not courtship, make sure you do not pin all your hopes on your lover. Have a Plan B or Exit Strategy to end it when it cannot secure your future. Do not waste your time and resources on someone you are not going to marry. Have a time frame. Decide how long you are going to date. The shorter the better. Save the best for your future life partner and don't waste your best assets on a temporary lover. Guys, use only your savings account or petty cash for dating those you just want for pleasure. Have a due date to say "It was a pleasure knowing and loving you. Thank you for everything. I wish you all the best. Take care."
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by mashnino(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
@op YOU THINK IS ANY GIRL/GUY U CAN TELL "IT WAS NICE KNOWING OR LOVING YOU" EHN!!! BABA IF MY GIRL TELL ME THAT ONE NOW EHN, I'LL QUICKLY RUSH HER TO THE HOSPITAL FOR MENTAL CHECK-UP. BERA GO AND REVIEW WHAT YOU HAVE JUST SAID
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by 190: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2011
^Loool - abi grin
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by ryo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
i don tire 4 tis kain shakara it's over baby
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by livedit(f): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
This is all fine and dandy.  But wouldn't it also be a good idea to let the chick(s) he is dating in on that he isn't looking for anything serious or a commitment with her/them yet So that way she will be aware and don't have false hopes on him giving her fair game to make out a similar plan as well?  Therefore, if/when he decides to make his"exit" it won't be no surprise and she won't be able to fault him for being upfront, honest and a real man about his intentional feelings.
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
Just agree on something. No changes or alternations.
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Mynd44: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2011
Okay plan B
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by claremont(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2011
Orikinla:

If your relationship is not courtship, make sure you do not pin all your hopes on your lover. Have a Plan B or Exit Strategy to end it when it cannot secure your future. Do not waste your time and resources on someone you are not going to marry. Have a time frame. Decide how long you are going to date. The shorter the better. Save the best for your future life partner and don't waste your best assets on a temporary lover. Guys, use only your savings account or petty cash for dating those you just want for pleasure. Have a due date to say "It was a pleasure knowing and loving you. Thank you for everything.  I wish you all the best. Take care." 
Exactly the point I have been campaigning for! Relationships should ideally be based on mutual compatibility, we shouldn't get blinded by a misnomer called "love". Both parties should recognize the roles they play in making each other happy, and they should ensure they play these roles. In Africa, the male is responsible for taking care of the material needs of the female, while the female takes care of his intimate and culinary needs, this is what has been happening for ages, and it has sustained the relationships of our ancestors; problems started the day people started to talk about "love" . In my opinion, an irrational belief in the misnomer called "love" is the singular biggest reason for relationship failures in the world today!
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by pendo89(f): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2011
undecided
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
undecided
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by nanidee2(f): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ OP, I like what u said as it relates to girls, but not the one for guys. tongue
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Zahnda(f): 2:14am On Aug 01, 2011
No thanks, I prefer living to scheming and plotting my way through life. Existing in constant anxiety trying to secure my future when I'm not guaranteed the next few breaths seems like a great way to waste the present I have now. My life will happen exactly how it's meant to be with or without me arranging and rearranging others around me to suit what I believe to be my perfect destiny.

Some quick reality to grab on to,

- It's everyone's prerogative to change their mind as they see fit.
- The only thing you're owed while dating is curtesy and nothing more,
- Not everyone is destined to be married. Plenty who plotted their way to the alter are stuck in unhappy unions, pressing redial for the 56th time trying to locate their significant other who sees them as way too insignificant to give respect to or a simple damn about.
- Dating is only a waste of time when you're not present in it because you're too busy revving it on ffw2alter gear.
- Default plan should be to live a life of self discovery and many interests, then you won't be so bored with yourself you have to scheme to secure a lifetime hostage to be bored with. And sorry preserving virginity and using it as bait to the alter is not listed under 'Interesting'.
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by ektbear: 3:00am On Aug 01, 2011
interesting
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Mynd44: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Evagreenfields: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
I swear down. OP ur on point
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Kslib(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
Na true talk sha!These days only a few are 2 b trusted,cos from the way i see it many pple dnt go in2 relationship due 2 dere feelings but because they just wnt 2 prove 2 dere self dat they are important!
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Pweety4me(f): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
Update us on the 'preachings' you ave acted on tongue cool
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by r231(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Pweety4me(f): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^I know ur stuck embarassed wink grin tongue
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by r231(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^^^ ;d :d ;d
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by 190: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
undecided
Re: Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
I have plans A-Z

(1) (Reply)

Cant Be Arsed! - What To Do In This Situation / . / 10 Dumb Lies Women Tell Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.