Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,125 members, 7,980,975 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 09:27 AM

Who Was Asymin Mustapha, A Nigerian Boxer , Who Died In The Ring In England - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Was Asymin Mustapha, A Nigerian Boxer , Who Died In The Ring In England (586 Views)

Mompha: Ismaila Mustapha Arraigned By EFCC In Lagos, Today (Photos) / Mustapha Atiku Abubakar And Afrah El-Nafaty Wedding Pictures / Who Is Ismail Mustapha A.k.a Mompha? See His Wife & Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Asymin Mustapha, A Nigerian Boxer , Who Died In The Ring In England by lagosguy123: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2022
Meet Asymin Mustapha, Nigerian Boxer, Who Died In The Ring When His Wife Was Pregnant.
When we talk of Nigerian boxers, you are probably familiar with names like Dick Tiger, Hogan Bassey, Ike Ibeabuchi and Samuel Peter. But what about Asymin Mustapha? Does the name strike a bell? Well, his career spanned just a year and he was involved in just 3 boxing matches. He is most remembered for his tragic death in the year 1982.

Nicknamed 'Young Ali,' Asymin Mustapha was a featherweight boxer, who made his debut on 8 March, 1981. That fight was against Stix Macloud and Young Ali lost by KO.

His next fight was against Ragga Murphy on 25 April, 1981 and Young Ali won by KO. His next fight was against Barry McGuigan and it took place on 14 June, 1982. That is one match we wish never happened.

Young Ali lost to McGuigan by KO but it would have been much better if it was just a loss. However, he was in coma for about six months consequently as a result.

It happened in the 6th round when McGuigan's right hand punch caught Young Ali in the face. Young Ali slumped and was carried out of the ring on a stretcher. He never got up again. At the time of his death, his wife was pregnant with a child.
Re: Who Was Asymin Mustapha, A Nigerian Boxer , Who Died In The Ring In England by ifeanyinwankwo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ike ibeabuchi is from my village in isuochi in Abia state

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Chi chi And Adekunle Fight Dirty In Biggie House (video) / “i’m An Expensive Babe, I Fix My Nails For N200k” – Bobrisky Brags (video) / Actress Nkechi Blessing Shares Dildos At Mom’s 1-year Remembrance (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.