Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,892 members, 7,883,124 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) (928 Views)

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / The Trials Of Chris Abani And The Power Of Empty Words By Ikhide R. Ikheloa / " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) by nnea78: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hi my name is Amaka. I am an okadabooks bestseller writer in clean romance. I have new book available. If you are a christian or have strong moral conviction about the kind of romance books you should read. Consider checking out my book below

Book Title: The Trials Of Love

Blurb:

Zara has always known what the future held for her ever since she was a young teenager. It was just two things: life as a religious sister at the convent and her work with children.
So when she was asked to reconsider her choice for a while she was frustrated but determined that nothing will stop her.
But as the time approaches for her to once more plead her case Chuka walks into her life and the road she had deliberately turned her back on because of her fear of what it could bring now called to her. Can she resist what her heart had secretly always yearned for?

Chuka is convinced his search for love has come to an end when he sets his eyes on Zara. So he is determined to win her at all costs but will the price to be paid be too high?

You can Watch the trailer to get more context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ONVEDlVTs

CHAPTER ONE

Blood spurted merrily out of the wound, making it look more serious than she actually suspected it was. She doubled the pad in her hand and applied it over the gash. Her task was made harder by the squirming, crying child who owned the injury and the annoying wails from the impromptu assistant she had co-opted to help her.

“John, please hold him down. I need to bandage his head,” she said grimly.

“Madam, I no like blood! I no like blood!” John cried.

She wanted to yell at him to keep quiet and act like the adult he was supposed to be, but she kept her irritation at his whining in check. Why on earth would anyone apply to work as a security guard if they couldn’t stand the sight of a little blood? She wished she could dismiss him. After all, his cries were alarming her young charge. But there were just two of them left in the whole school alongside the frightened five-year-old who was kicking up quite a storm.

The accident had taken place just after her assistant had left. The boy’s driver was running late and boredom had taken over. He had been running from one end of the class to the other and had been on his third lap when he tripped over his loosened shoe laces which she had tied for him for the umpteenth time that day. He had hit his head against the edge of her desk.

Now, Segun was her most restless student. For every child she chastised for one offence, she probably called him ten more times. She had known that an incident was in the offing, but she had been expecting something along the lines of a scraped knee or elbow, definitely not a deep gash in the head which despite her best efforts was still bleeding heavily. The bandages were staining rapidly. She needed to take the child to the hospital. Wiping her hands against her skirt, she scooped the boy into her arms.

“Open the door. I need to take him to the hospital,” she said.

John, glad to be free of the job of playing nurse, rushed to the door. Leading the way, he opened all other doors until they got out into the open. He raced to her jalopy, opened the back door for her and she put Segun down, or rather tried to. The boy had coiled himself around her in a grip that would have made a boa constrictor proud.

“Segun, baby I need to put you down because I need to drive,” she said to the child. His grip on her only tightened, and he sobbed louder.

“John, you would have to—” She made to hand over the boy to the security man, but he jumped away.

“Madam, no...no... I no fit.”

Angry and frustrated, she glared at the security guard who was looking like he would pass out if he so much as touched the boy again. She knew that he couldn’t drive, so that left her with only one option—a taxi. She debated briefly with herself whether calling up one using her taxi app was a better option than carrying the child out to the main road and flagging one down. She decided on the latter. The road would be moderately busy at this time it should be faster to get one that way.

“Open the main gate for me,” she instructed. Outside, she stood for a few seconds; the entire place was unusually deserted save for an empty vehicle parked across the road. She hoped the quiet spell will not last for long. Fortunately, it didn’t. And she watched with relief as a fleet of cars began making their way down the road.

She stepped up a little closer to its edge and desperately began flagging taxis. Then she turned to any vehicle, but no one was stopping. Frustrated she was about to go back in and force John to man up when she noticed a tall figure rise from the other side of the car across the road ...

More parts

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_trials_of_love_sample/48908

2 Likes

Re: The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) by emmanex2000: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good evening sir/ma,
Are you in need of a prompt, fast and professional ebook or course content writer? If yes, I believe you've found the right person.

Haven written on different topics, non-plagiarised and with a high grammar quality. I believe I am cut for this.

I can send you some of my samples ranging from health, crypto, technical, and so on.

My pay isn't high.It's negotiable.

If interested, contact me on 07012809662.
Let me make your next writing project a success with ease!!!
Re: The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) by DebbieSylvex(f): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
kudos,kip if coming

(1) (Reply)

Chioma The Village Girl (Episode 1) / Short Stories / Social Enterpreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.