Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,663 members, 7,948,511 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! (1734 Views)

Finally, My Car Got Fixed With Just A Reset; Car Owners Learn From My Experience / Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) / Beware: Flooded Cars From Hurricane Harvey Are Getting Lined Up Already (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
Many places in Lagos today were flooded because of torrential rain that lasted for over 9 hours.

The whole area was flooded by afternoon.

My neighbor's SUV was spared, my sedan was submerged to tyre level. It was parked though.
Like I couldn't see the tyres.

After the rain, there was water inside the vehicle.

It submerged the automatic gear lever too for hours and almost to the car stereo.

I have scooped out the water in the car.

Should I be worried?

And what should I do now?

2 Shares

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Zonefree(m): 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
LET'S DO IT AGAIN.

grin

5 Likes

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by izuch(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by dawnomike(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
No matter what you do... Do not try to kickstart your car just yet

2 Likes

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Mikespecialone(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
Get your pvc and vote for APC , the change would come and they will do it again shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
I need suggestions please.
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Elsueno: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
These floods happen every single raining season, is it d leadership in Lagos are too dumb to fix this problem or they just don't care as Lagos people are too docile to demand for it?

How hard is it to clean out d necessary drainages or build new ones when raining season is approaching?.....Some abok# state literally pay youths part time when d raining season starts to clean up & open up all sewage in d state capital especially in areas prone to flood

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Cokahot: 3:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Be ready to change your gear,once u climbing hill, it won't move.
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by fineboynl(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2022
Motor and wahala. You will just wake up one morning to unplanned spending. Does the comfort even worth the spending?

One of the reasons I like besic car.

3 Likes

Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
Which one be your car
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by FlippersCare123(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
LagosInter:
Many places in Lagos today were flooded because of torrential rain that lasted for over 9 hours.

My neighbor's SUV was spared, my sedan was submerged to tyre level. It was parked though.

It submerged the automatic gear lever too for hours and almost to the car stereo.

Should I be worried?

Our certified and qualified mobile
mechanics can come to your home or
office to perform the Check Engine
Light diagnostic . . Once we are able
to diagnose the problem, you will be
provided with an upfront quote for the
recommended fix
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
Even me wey na bicycle I dey ride dey get upset if tube burst or one spoke for wheel cut because na money I go take fix am.
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by dgitrader(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
tow the vehicle to the best know expert workshop near you. drain every dame oil and liquid off completely and allow to sit-out in the sun for a week plus without battery. after a week of idleness, replace all oils(especially gear oil) and fluids plus battery. have the car thoroughly inspected and serviced by mechanic and electrician. service every thing possible including fuel systems, injectors, plugs etc

return a day or two later and check your oils for water content, if minimal, u may start the car and let it idle for 20mins while the electrician monitors all key components.
manage the car like that for some few weeks, it will eventually stabilize
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
LagosInter:

Should I be worried?

Don't start engine for any reason, tow car to an auto shop, drain engine oil and transmission fluid, leave car for some days to drain and dry up. Add new oil, put your ignition in start but dont crank. Use a diagnostic tool to scan all errors then start buying and replacing them. Good luck.
Re: Car Got Flooded Today In Lagos.help! by skywalker240(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Agbado

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Air Bag / ATTN. SIENNA & OTHERS: NEED ADVISE ON HIGH FUEL CONSUMPTION WITH MY RX 300. / Car Vibrates On Applying Brake. Ki Lo De?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.