Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,777 members, 7,879,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke (1498 Views)

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 1:47am On Jul 10, 2022
The Peoples Democratic Party candidate in Osun, Ademola Adeleke, has attributed his absence at Wednesday’s governorship debate to his busy campaign schedule.

Ahead of the July 16 governorship election in the state, four governorship candidates faced one another in a televised debate Wednesday speaking about their plans for the electorate if elected.

Governor Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Goke Omigbodu, Social Democratic Party (SDP); Akin Ogunbiyi (Accord); and Yusuf Lasun (Labour Party) participated in the debate.

The organisers of the debate, Arise TV, said Mr Adeleke was “on his way” and would join before the end of the event, which lasted just over two hours.

The PDP candidate never showed up.

In a statement on Thursday, Mr Adeleke said he was out in the villages and local governments campaigning while the debate was ongoing.

“On Wednesday, the candidate returned late to Ede from rural campaigns to towns and villages which insisted on hosting the gubernatorial flag bearer to directly listen to details of his five-point agenda,” read the statement issued by his media aide, Oluwole Rasheed.

“The candidate also used the local tour on Wednesday to meet opinion leaders and sectoral groups with special submissions on what they expect from a PDP government if elected into office.”

“The governorship candidate thanked the people for the special meetings, noting that meeting the people was the most important thing in a campaign, where he had the opportunity to brief them on his five-point agenda.”

Meanwhile, the Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP, Ifeanyi Okowa, on Thursday, led Mr Adeleke’s campaign tour to Ede.

The Delta State governor used the opportunity to drum support for the candidate ahead of the election.

The Adeleke Campaign Organisation said the senator had already completed the tour of the 30 local governments and area offices in the state.

The organisation believes that Mr Okowa’s presence at Thursday’s rally would prelude the grand finale scheduled for the new week.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/541507-osun-2022-why-i-was-absent-at-governorship-debate-adeleke.html

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 1:51am On Jul 10, 2022
I hope the people can now be enlightened why he didn’t attend last week Arise tv debate. He was busy last week Wednesday in the village campaigning for this week governorship election.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Moh247: 1:52am On Jul 10, 2022
cheesy

Mumu man

Wetin Ajo bi ewe want talk for Campaign, when no be dancing competition

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 1:53am On Jul 10, 2022
Don’t forget to watch incoming Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke in today’s governorship debate been organised by channels tv. Time: 7pm
Very interesting and educative to watch Senator Ademola Adeleke talking on his promise to the good people of Osun State. Imole de Okunkun Parada ni gbogbo ipinle Osun.
July 16th governorship Election must obey by the special Grace of Almighty God.

1 Share

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by totiamiyu(m): 2:00am On Jul 10, 2022
That's okay
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by onez: 2:12am On Jul 10, 2022
All candidates must debate. National assembly must pass a law making it compulsory for all governorship and presidential candidates to debate. if we have done it earlier, Buhari would never have happened.

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Emilokoiyawon: 2:17am On Jul 10, 2022
in sane climes this court jester would be competing for nigeria got talent not running for governor.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by PROPHETmichael: 2:20am On Jul 10, 2022
This debate of a thing does not work in Nigeria and it's a complete waste of time and energy and resources. Someone like Buhari wouldn't have any business in power if debate works.

Weldone Adeleke for staying away from thrash.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by yinkus6750(m): 3:22am On Jul 10, 2022
Lame excuse.
He could have continued his campaign on another day.
The debate ought to have been given priority on his schedule.
Guess he deliberately chickened out.
If it was a Davido or Whizkid show, would he have been absent ?

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by adioolayi(m): 4:06am On Jul 10, 2022
The last debate they all had with BBC Yoruba,....Gov Oyetola was a bit late, and they were all surprised the Governor showed up...

Not only that, it was very difficult to find fault in his administration, all the propaganda the contestants have said before Oyetola arrived, the Governor debunked them and set the records straight..

At the end of the day, Lasun and Oyetola performed excellently well at that debate...and somehow, the debate exposes Senator Adeleke of PDP.

It will be more damaging for him to have turned up for this debate, since he knows Governor Oyetola was very up to the task...they were disappointed the Governor was not nailed at that first debate.

grin grin grin
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by juniorstar(m): 4:44am On Jul 10, 2022
He chickened out simple.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by chuksanambra: 5:12am On Jul 10, 2022
I want that dropout who went to night school to face Oyetola so he can be thoroughly trashed.

Let Oyetola ask Adeleke why Dr. Adeleke refused to allow Demola manage any of the companies in Pacific Holdings but now wants Demola to rule Osun.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by chuksanambra: 5:13am On Jul 10, 2022
Please, what is the campaign schedule of Labour Party for Peter Obi the Presidential candidate of LP to campaign for the party's Guber candidate Yusuf Lasun.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by ZeroAccess: 6:02am On Jul 10, 2022
Why they will also not vote you. The disregard and disrespect is just too much.

I don't blame him, this is Nigeria.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Classic40: 6:07am On Jul 10, 2022
Ade dancer
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by lereinter(m): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2022
Moh247:
cheesy

Mumu man

Ode

You were blind when he attended the BBC yoruba organised debate
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Moh247: 6:42am On Jul 10, 2022
lereinter:

Ode

Kikiki

BBC Yoruba hahaha

The Ode man no Sabi English nii

Oh I forgot he had f9 in English with his fake WAEC
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by helinues: 6:43am On Jul 10, 2022
Your absent is understood.

Your grammar could collapse the building
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 7:20am On Jul 10, 2022
lereinter:

Ode

. He’s blind and retarded ooooo, imagine he never watch the bbc Yoruba debate on YouTube but passed wrong comments here.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2022
adioolayi:
The last debate they all had with BBC Yoruba,....Gov Oyetola was a bit late, and they were all surprised the Governor showed up...

Not only that, it was very difficult to find fault in his administration, all the propaganda the contestants have said before Oyetola arrived, the Governor debunked them and set the records straight..

At the end of the day, Lasun and Oyetola performed excellently well at that debate...and somehow, the debate exposes Senator Adeleke of PDP.

It will be more damaging for him to have turned up for this debate, since he knows Governor Oyetola was very up to the task...they were disappointed the Governor was not nailed at that first debate.

grin grin grin
Oyetola came late, can you please tell me the reason why the clueless party destroyer Oyetola didn’t show up in ravefm debate last week Saturday? Besides where’s the security helicopter Aregbesola bought before leaving office in 2018. The clueless treasury looter Oyetola said the helicopter has been damaged. Very bad and poor from Oyetola government. So he can’t manage the state well. July 16th governorship Election will bury Oyetola reelection bid. Oyetola must go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by adioolayi(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2022
press9jatv:
Oyetola came late, can you please tell me the reason why the clueless party destroyer Oyetola didn’t show up in ravefm debate last week Saturday? Besides where’s the security helicopter Aregbesola bought before leaving office in 2018. The clueless treasury looter Oyetola said the helicopter has been damaged. Very bad and poor from Oyetola government. So he can’t manage the state well. July 16th governorship Election will bury Oyetola reelection bid. Oyetola must go.

I am not from Osun State...as a fact, I won't vote. Who becomes their Governor is also not my headache.

I have only reported what I saw during their BBC Yoruba debate...the clip is online on BBC Yoruba Facebook page of you are interested.

There was no question the anchor asked Oyetola, or other contestants asked him that he didn't answered satisfactorily.

That's what I have written...No vex for my submission..na wetin I saw I posted na. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2022
Moh247:

Kikiki

BBC Yoruba hahaha

The Ode man no Sabi English nii

Oh I forgot he had f9 in English with his fake WAEC
you were blind to listen to him abi you were blind to watch him speaking fluent English with Yoruba in the bbc Yoruba debate two weeks ago. You are just hypocrites in thinking here.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by press9jatv: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2022
adioolayi:

I am not from Osun State...as a fact, I won't vote. Who becomes their Governor is also not my headache.

I have only reported what I saw during their BBC Yoruba debate...the clip is online on BBC Yoruba Facebook page of you are interested.

There was no question the anchor asked Oyetola, or other contestants asked him that he didn't answered satisfactorily.

That's what I have written...No vex for my submission..na wetin I saw I posted na. grin grin grin
no wonder 99.9% of you on nairaland are just wailer. You don’t know what’s happening in Osun State for years now but only ranting online as if you are from Osun State. Keep on wailing. We know what we will do on July 16th governorship Election. It’s 6 days to go.

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by muykem: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2022
We will respond to you on Saturday 16/07/2022, You went to a village for campaign and abandoned opportunity to sell your mandate to the general public.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by cpu2006(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2022
Moh247:
cheesy

Mumu man

But, the man is far better than your master
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Adexxi(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2022
Same debate I watched where that useless governor claimed osun helicopter was faulty and they still repairing it where people bursted into laughter saying this . ... Na Jupiter u watch ur own
adioolayi:

grin grin grin
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by techWriter3: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2022
Mumu manWetin Ajo bi ewe thing chat for Campaign, when no be dancing competition
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Charmingrascal(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2022
He won't be there since it wasn't a dancing competition.

Tinubu picked a Muslim as his running mate, indirectly telling us that Christians can't do nothing about that. Henceforth me and my household are throwing our support behind Atiku and Okowa because supporting Obi is like sowing a seed on a rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by Adexxi(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2022
Who are those we Speak for yourself bro . Who go vote for that failed governor undecided
muykem:
We will respond to you on Saturday 16/07/2022, You went to a village for campaign and abandoned opportunity to sell your mandate to the general public.
Re: Osun 2022: Why I Was Absent At Governorship Debate –senator Ademola Adeleke by muykem: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Adexxi:
Who are those we Speak for yourself bro . Who go vote for that failed governor undecided
Wait till Saturday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Republic Takes Delivery Of ₦1.4b Vehicles Approved By APC Govt [VIDEO] / Tinubu Seen Smoking Indian Hemp Inside His Private Jet - Pics / Pictures From Disputed Kastina Obidient Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.