Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,437 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ (399 Views)

Co-founder Of South Africa Satanic Church Resigns, Now Believes In Christ / Co-founder Of The SA Satanic Church, Embraced Christianity (photo) / Militant Atheist, Alexis Mason Embraces Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by Maxymilliano(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2022
Riaan Swiegelaar, the co-founder of the South African Satanic Church (SASC), has quit his position as presiding priest of the controversial church.

The controversial priest, who threw in the towel on May 30, 2022, also resigned from the church council as well as his membership of the organisation.

Swiegelaar, in a live video broadcast on Facebook, said, “To be very honest, I initially thought I’d quietly slip out the backdoor and I didn’t think people would be so interested in why I do what I do.”

According to him, he engaged in Satanism because it resonated with him at the time, and because he was “very sad and very broken, without realising it. I think a lot of people resonate at Satanism when they come from a very broken place.”

He continued: “I have met thousands of Satanists over the past year and they are extremely hurt and broken— that’s the one thing they all have in common.”

In tears, Swiegelaar added, “To this day, there have only been four Christians in my entire life who have shown me what unconditional love is.””

Adele Frey, one of the people who supported him, messaged him, saying she just did a simple thing by showing him love.

Of this, he said: “People, showing love for others is everything. You showed me the love of Christ, I saw it in you.”

He added that Frey showed him unconditional love at a time when he was an “ugly monster”, and when he adopted Christians who do that, stressing, “You showed me unconditional love.”

In mid-May, Swiegelaar conducted his last interview as a member of the SASC on the CapeTalk radio station, not knowing it would be his last radio interview as an oldie.

Swigelaar said in the interview that he did not believe that Jesus Christ existed. A lady from the radio team walked up to him after the interview and hugged him in a way he had never been

https://independent.ng/riaan-swiegelaar-co-founder-sa-satanic-church-resigns-embraces-christ/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by doggedfighter(f): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2022
Rubbish !
Re: Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by chatinent: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022
Church of satan? All for thread.

Stupid lots.
Re: Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022
doggedfighter:
Rubbish !
Why does it pain you so much that he embraced Christ?

chatinent:
All for thread.

Stupid lots.
If he embraced JW instead would it be stupid?

1 Like

Re: Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by delkuf(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022
Glory to God

1 Like

Re: Riaan Swiegelaar, Co-founder, SA Satanic Church, Resigns, Embraces Christ by Shapeaso: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2022
That demon is on a mission but God won't let him succeed.

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos And Prof Uju Anya By Fada Oluoma / Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United / Shocking Moment Prophet Revealed To Woman That Her Husband Is Her ‘dead Brother’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.