Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,628 members, 7,968,836 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:35 PM

Ayade Swears-in Customary Court Of Appeal President, Permanent Secretaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Swears-in Customary Court Of Appeal President, Permanent Secretaries (131 Views)

Wike Buys 29 SUVs For Rivers Customary Court Judges (Photos) / Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) / Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ayade Swears-in Customary Court Of Appeal President, Permanent Secretaries by offiong187: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ayade swears-in Customary Court of Appeal President, permanent secretaries, tasks  them on probity

Cross River State governor, Professor Ben Ayade, weekend, swore-in Justice  Sampson  Mbe Anjor as the substantive President of the state's Customary Court of Appeal.
Justice Anjor was until the swearing in, acting in that capacity since April this year.
The governor also swore-in six new permanent secretaries, one of whom was his Chief of Protocol, Mr Emmanuel Asikpo Okon.
Speaking during the event which held at the Executive Chamber of the Governor's Office, Calabar, Governor Ayade urged the newly sworn-in public officers to be above board in discharging their duties by staying through to their oath of office.
He explained that the appointments, in spite of the huge financial implication to the state, were occasioned by his believe in career growth.
"I am happy to have the President of the Customary Court of Appeal sworn-in in a substantive capacity today. I am also happy to swear in new permanent secretaries. 
"I am particularly happy because at the end of someone's career, you must seek growth and today I am an agent of growth to the ones being sworn-in.
"We realize that the financial burden of this appointments are huge, but you don't give because you have but because you care. 
And so strengthening ourselves by this audacity of care, we believe is the right thing to do," the governor said.
Countinuing, Ayade maintained that he was also moved by the sense of compassion, justice and fair play in making some of the appointments, adding: "I am aware that some people being sworn in today have less than a month in office. But I do so because I know the cumulative impact and the significance of this promotion at this time. 
"Sometimes people raise concerns that why are you promoting someone who has less than six months in office, but do not forget that the same person has suffered injustice for too long having been in one position for over six years. So for us, when you dispense justice, no matter how late, it is better you dispense the justice indeed.
I congratulate you and charge you to be above board in discharging your duties, do this by staying through to your oath of office."

Speaking on behalf of the new Permanent Secretaries, Asikpo Okon expressed gratitude to the governor for elevating them to the pinnacle of their career in the civil service.
Citing himself as an example, Asikpo Okon described the governor as a vessel of grace and favour in the hands of God.

"I want to make it known to all here today that my journey into the civil service and my career progression are case studies on how grace and favour can combine to change one's life trajectory.
"As an ordinary laundry man back then, going from office to office to pick up clothes to wash and iron for senior government workers, I got into the civil service and I didn't know then that providence was playing a part in my life as I progressed through the ranks in the service.
"I never knew that God was preparing a ladder in the form of His Excellency for me to climb higher by appointing me the State Chief Protocol.
And now beyond my wildest imagination, His Excellency has again further pushed me up the ladder by making me a Permanent Secretary, the peak of my civil service.
"From the base point of my life, I never would have thought I will come this far- attaining the pinnacle of my career, but here I'm today, to the glory and grace of the Almighty. and by a unique favour from His Excellency, standing  here to be sworn-in as a permanent secretary. Nothing can be more humbling than this.
Indeed,  Governor Ayade is a catalyst who has helped in catalysing my elevation and those of my colleagues.
"We are extremely, profoundly and eternally grateful. We pledge not to fail you and our dear state," he said.
On his part, Justice Mbe pledged to be fair and just in the discharge of his duty and commended the governor for creating a conducive atmosphere for the judicial arm of government to thrive in the state
Re: Ayade Swears-in Customary Court Of Appeal President, Permanent Secretaries by Odefani: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
shocked

(1) (Reply)

A Good Prayer For Nairaland Zonebees / You Will Labour In Vain / Teamcole In Strategic Meeting Over Rivers Guber 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.