Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:13 AM

A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband (918 Views)

My Wife Secretly Told Her Friends I Was Loser. Now What? / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Abiflexy01(m): 12:24am On Jul 11, 2022
Good day all,

Please I have a question, I was having a discussion with a friend and I would like to get more comments on this topic.

Is it right for your wife to secretly build a house or buy one for her husband as a birthday gift.

Please note that the husband already has houses, and he is made. Do you think this might cause a problem? If yes why and if no why do you feel so.

Thank you.
Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 11, 2022
It is not right, and it can lead to a generational curse.

Nigerian Men and poverty induced PRIDE. undecided

7 Likes

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Florblu(f): 12:32am On Jul 11, 2022
It's no big deal

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 11, 2022
If the man already owns a home for the family, there is no need wasting money as a beneficial to showcase affection for the husband. She can buy in her kids name but that will have to be on an agreement with the husband. Only she knows why it have to be a surprise package but there are other better things to gift a man not house.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by pyyxxaro: 4:46am On Jul 11, 2022
That woman is capable of cheating quietly undecided

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by cococandy(f): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2022
Better question is why do Nigerian men (as shown on NL) hate the idea of women owning property? Is it because property can help build wealth and we hate the idea of wealthy women? What’s the actual problem?

And since it’s undesirable for women to own property without the permission of their husbands, does this mean we are encouraging joint ownership of property where men build houses and include the women as co-owners? I haven’t seen that as the norm (again on NL). So again what’s y’all’s problem? Why the enemy of progress vibes?

7 Likes

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Abiflexy01(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2022
cococandy:
Better question is why do Nigerian men (as shown on NL) hate the idea of women owning property? Is it because property can help build wealth and we hate the idea of wealthy women? What’s the actual problem?

And since it’s undesirable for women to own property without the permission of their husbands, does this mean we are encouraging joint ownership of property where men build houses and include the women as co-owners? I haven’t seen that as the norm (again on NL). So again what’s y’all’s problem? Why the enemy of progress vibes?
This is totally different from the main question, sensible husbands should always support their wives dreams, most men will gladly support their wives if she is building her own house and if you notice most men always include their wife's name in their properties. The question here is why house if he had many already, will they now relocate to the new one or what? and secondly is it okay for such a huge project to be done secretly.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by cococandy(f): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2022
Abiflexy01:
This is totally different from the main question, sensible husbands should always support their wives dreams, most men will gladly support their wives if she is building her own house and if you notice most men always include their wife's name in their properties. The question here is why house if he had many already, will they now relocate to the new one or what? and secondly is it okay for such a huge project to be done secretly.

He’s in a better position to answer. Why doesn’t his wife feel safe enough to share such information with him?

3 Likes

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by anthonyuncle(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2022
what is wrong with it?

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by Iamicekid(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2022
Their is nothing wrong in it, as long as the plan from the start is to use it to surprise her husband for his birthday not that she just want cover am up, using that as an excuse once she see her secret is about to be exposed about her building the house for herself

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by SoaringLife01: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2022
Why gifting him a house when he have many houses- waste of economic resources.
She should have channelled that money into investment(s) that will further enhance the family financial stability.
Wetin I dey talk sef, one man food na another man poison.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by ibechris(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
A good woman builds her house...and this should be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Abiflexy01:
Good day all,

Please I have a question, I was having a discussion with a friend and I would like to get more comments on this topic.

Is it right for your wife to secretly build a house or buy one for her husband as a birthday gift.

Please note that the husband already has houses, and he is made. Do you think this might cause a problem? If yes why and if no why do you feel so.

Thank you.

Shallow minds based on culture thinking whereby man buys/builds a house and he thinks he can kick the woman out when they have misunderstanding or divorcing

For those who can think is it wrong are you saying is it wrong to aquire asset ? the woman did aquire an asset and put under hubby name

Whether she did it in secret or not she added an asset to family portfolio

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Married You For / I Am Falling In With My Friend Wife Sister / What Is There Was No Christianity Or Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.