Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,853 members, 7,930,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:00 PM

BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate (420 Views)

Go Back To His States And Campaign - Lagos Deputy Governor (video) / Funke Akindele Announced As PDP Lagos Deputy Governor Candidate / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Antoeni(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2022
Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, has been named the Peoples Democratic Party deputy governorship candidate of Lagos State.

The actress confirmed her deputy governorship candidacy in a video on her verified Instagram page on Tuesday.

With this position, she had become the running mate of the PDP Lagos State governorship candidate, Olajide Adediran, popularly called Jandor.

In the video she posted on Tuesday, she revealed her reasons for becoming a running mate.

She said, “I saw it as an opportunity to help liberate and improve the wellbeing of our people, particularly the deprived youth, women and the girl child.

“My decision is not just to accept this huge responsibility but to also work tirelessly and complement Jandor’s burning desire to see our dear Lagos live up to its full potentials.”

Meanwhile, when she said her name at the end of the video, the Ikorodu-born indigene of Lagos didn’t include her husband’s name, Bello.

This comes two weeks after her husband, Abdulrasheed Bello, popularly known as JJC Skillz, announced that they have gone their separate ways.

Bello, who confirmed the separation in an Instagram post on July 1, said things had not been going well between him and the actress in the last two years, adding that all efforts expended on reconciling their differences had proved abortive.

The actress, however, has remained silent on her separation from her husband as she is yet to address Bello’s claims.

https://punchng.com/breaking-funke-akindele-named-pdp-lagos-deputy-gov-candidate/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1657620225

Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Antoeni(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2022
This Could Have just been The Main Reason She Sent JJC Skillz Packing.
Women, Congratulations Ooo
Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Antoeni(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2022
Hmmm if truly you're the running mate of PDP that mean jandor not yet ready to be the governor of Lagos state and I really want all means PDP to collect Lagos state from this godfather
I'm fully OBIDIENT to my country Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Antoeni(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2022
Naso all of una don see Nigeria finish, una wan turn dis country to comedy zone, is this how PDP intend to end Tinubu’s dynasty in Lagos, I’ve never seen a party that is highly unserious like PDP.
Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Maxymilliano(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2022
PDP agenda is not to win Lagos State in the governorship election but to bring the youths together under the party.

The likes of Funke Akindele, Banky W are well known to the youths, and may convince other celebrities to join in the train and position the party to appeal to large percentage of the youth population.

This will boost the party chances in securing the required percentage in the Presidential election

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by yinkus6750(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2022
At last, the drama has started.
Action, roll tape .....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by MikoB: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2022
Even though I don't like pdp as a party but with this move, I think they will surely make an inroad in next year guber election in lagos, if they will win is what I can't say, apc and sanwo olu has nothing to show for almost four years, the rainy season has really exposed their lies, all we have are all bad roads all over lagos. Shame on them, funke should not be afraid to talk, most lagosians know apc has been terrible but they need a voice from someone influential and popular and they have found one in Funke, because she has a verified background.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate by Mynd44: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2022

(1)

Tinubu Remains The Most Insultive Presidential Candidate in Nigeria / There Are Still Good Hearted Nigerians: How A Strange Man Paid Bills For Us / Ademola Adeleke Dances Inside Church To Celebrate Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.