Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,738 members, 7,918,286 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:44 AM

Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (790 Views)

Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Nollywood Actor, Kenneth Okonkwo Resigns From APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / INC Withdraws Support For Wike, Demands Apology To Ijaw Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by JEWELofHELL: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nonagenarian and leader of the Southerner and Middle Belt Forum, Chief Edwin Clark on Tuesday added an interesting twist into the 2023 election saying if he were to vote, he would vote for the All Progressives Congress for zoning the Presidency to the South.

He said, however, that he had withdrawn his support for the APC because of its insistence on Muslim-Muslim ticket for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kashim Shettima, despite national outcry.

Clark, who is also the Convener of Pan-Niger Delta Forum and former Federal Information Commissioner of the First Republic, also gave an insight into why he withdrew his support for the Peoples Democratic Party.

The elder statesman also revealed how the Northern PDP governors contributed money towards the success of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), during the 2015 election.

According to him, the North squandered Jonathan’s money, betrayed and deceived him after assuring him of victory in the 2015 election.

Clark stated these during a solidarity visit to him by members of the Delta Central APC Leaders of Thought led by Chief Ominimini Obiuwevbi.

The DECALT leader said they were in the Abuja residence of Clark to find out their political direction in the 2023 general election.

Clark said, “We are saying that up till today, we still believe in a Southern President. So that’s why some of us have said the APC that we never wanted to talk about is the one that has listened to us by zoning the Presidency to the south?

“Because I am an old man of 95, I no longer belong to a political party. Whereas if I were to vote, and you put only two parties, APC and PDP, I will vote for APC for zoning the presidency to the south and listening to our appeal.

“The governors of the states, they feel they are so powerful. But the only thing your party has done that has made me to withdraw my support, is its Muslim-Muslim ticket. I won’t talk about it.

“Jonathan was the President for some time. The Northerners said it was their turn. In 2015, the Northern PDP leaders ganged up with APC to remove Jonathan from office. They didn’t campaign. Jonathan was on his own.

“So when people ask why Jonathan is not in PDP now, and not attending PDP meetings, I can simply say that he is learning his lessons that the people he trusted did not trust him. They squandered his money, the party’s money and they left.

“So when people ask, why is Jonathan not in PDP? he knows how they betrayed him; the Northern PDP governors contributed money towards Buhari’s success. How members of his government betrayed him.

“The national chairman of the PDP at the time, Dr. (Adamu) Muazu, did not go to his home to campaign. He was only following Jonathan about. He knew what he was doing. Every one of them wanted Buhari to win, so Buhari won.

“He has ruled for eight years. Now the same Northern leaders are now saying, competence, no zoning, integrity, no zoning. We thought it was a play but they maneuvered in PDP’s Mr. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who have been wanting to be Nigeria’s President over the years, championing the cause of division. So PDP, a party we loved, a party of Southern Nigeria, disappointed us.

Clark also shed light on how Atiku and governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State jettisoned the agitation by PDP for the zoning of the Presidency to the South in 2023.

He said, “We all own this country. We didn’t come to settle with Northerners. It was Luggard who joined us in 1914. So, we stood by this. The governors then went to Lagos and said the same thing. They went to Enugu again in August and they affirmed the same thing.

“Several times we met here and before the PDP had their primary, we met here again and repeated the same thing.

“Our own Governor (Okowa) initiated the meeting. If you agreed for a meeting to be held in your house and you backed out thereafter, you have betrayed your colleagues. Isn’t it?

“Who is Atiku that thinks that he is very important? That people like us when we speak, he will not listen? A good leader must be the one that listens to calls. So if you become President, what will you do?
Are we right? Will you support us?”

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-edwin-clark-withdraws-support-for-apc/

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by BigVawulence: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Na mumu dey take this APC party serious.

They are bunch of scammers and looters.

They don't even care about anyone.

Thieves.

I'm still sitting on Tinubu’s balls.
. grin grin

Big vawulence on the beat....

4 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by tinsel: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Edwin Clark has never been in APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Christboy320(m): 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good to know

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
tinsel:
he has been siding with the current government and pacifying SS on its behalf

tinsel:

It is not true. Show me one piece of evidence he ever said good things about this government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-capable-of-leading-nigeria-edwin-clark/

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by helinues: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jokes taken too far.

Abi no be same Edwin Clark in SS that has been in Pdp for how may decades now

Except those who have stopped making use of their 6 senses would swallow this bunkum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by JEWELofHELL: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
He should try Labour Party...

tinsel:

helinues:
Jokes taken too far.

Except those who have stopped making use of their 6 senses would swallow this bunkum

“Because I am an old man of 95, I no longer belong to a political party. Whereas if I were to vote, and you put only two parties, APC and PDP, I will vote for APC for zoning the presidency to the south and listening to our appeal.

“The governors of the states, they feel they are so powerful. But the only thing your party has done that has made me to withdraw my support, is its Muslim-Muslim ticket. I won’t talk about it.
Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Jokes taken too far.

undecided he has been in PDP giving your apc government soft landing for it's incompetence as an elder stateman

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by tinsel: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
It is not true. Show me one piece of evidence he ever said good things about this government.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by helinues: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
undecided

What? When did Clark become an Apc member?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by helinues: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Why do you always lie to suit your narration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Moh247: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin

Kikikiki

Edwin Clark was never for APC or Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by FreeStuffsNG: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chief Clark is a PDP man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by helinues: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
JEWELofHELL:
He should try Labour Party...

Well I have seen the source but this could be a media gimmick, Clark has never been in A0c nor support Apc.

Media are there to sell headlines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Carlosdd: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
Baba was and still with pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by JEWELofHELL: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:

Well I have seen the source but this could be a media gimmick, Clark has never been in A0c nor support Apc.

Media are there to sell headlines

He's always been a 'pro-Southern president' advocate.

Former Federal Commissioner for Information under the Yakubu Gowon military regime and Ijaw national leader, Edwin Clark, has said that no southerner would support a northern presidential candidate if the two dominant parties picked their flagbearers from the north.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/power-shift-south-wont-vote-if-apc-and-pdp-pick-northern-candidates-edwin-clark/

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ablejesus26(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anyone who claims to be honest and Just whether Christian or Muslim or whatever will reject this disastrous agenda apc is fronting.
I am a Christian,I live in a society with my Muslim neighbors and we have a constitution that potrays fairness, equity and inclusiveness so as to make our diversity a strength towards achieving goals for the betterment of our society. Is the agenda apc is pushing for fair to me?
Will their agenda not further steer up fear, disdain, disunity,doubt and trouble amongst me and my Muslim neighbors?
Tell yourself the truth,apc seeks to make our diversity break Us instead of make Us.
Apc must go.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Quest7777: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
This bat's na-my-turn desperado ambition to become Presdo by all means even at the expense of peace & unity of the country will eventually consume him.

Would any true Muslim tolerate a Christian-Christian President & Vice ruling this country. Infact that would be a sure recipe for undiluted vawulence.
Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Quest7777: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
More to follow...

No matter how much people try to sugar-coat it, that M-M ticket will further divide the country along religious lines & heighten the religious tensions & killings in the country.
But the bat doesn't care because his na-my-turn desperado ambition is worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.

No true Muslim will ever support a Christian-Christian President & Vice in this country. Infact that is a recipe for undiluted vawulence.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Iceberg3: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
Moh247 won so pe,garri lo wa ninu ori e grin:
grin

Kikikiki

Edwin Clark was never for APC or Tinubu

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by OkoroBufo: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Pa Edwin Clark should be awarded the clown of the year.

-Okoro bufo

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Frank488: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
ablejesus26:
Anyone who claims to be honest and Just whether Christian or Muslim or whatever will reject this disastrous agenda apc is fronting.
I am a Christian,I live in a society with my Muslim neighbors and we have a constitution that potrays fairness, equity and inclusiveness so as to make our diversity a strength towards achieving goals for the betterment of our society. Is the agenda apc is pushing for fair to me?
Will their agenda not further steer up fear, disdain, disunity,doubt and trouble amongst me and my Muslim neighbors?
Tell yourself the truth,apc seeks to make our diversity break Us instead of make Us.
Apc must go.
True talk. Anybody supporting this agenda should be properly checked

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Jokes taken too far.

The truth is even the most wise and intelligent can sometimes be played and taken for a Fool an example is King Solomon. and the next example this our contemporary time is Tinubu

The Northern oligarch have never loved Tinubu, Buhari, Buni and other wigs never liked him and that was the reason behind the idea of consension system of picking a candidate came onboard. but Tinubu being rich and quite influential bought his way using his people; Amosun and the likes. So how can we bring him down?? these northern oligarch knows too well a Muslim Muslim ticket will never sell, not at a time like this especially but alas Tinubu's greed took the best part of him and now he's just bout getting the biggest disgrace of his life and are the northerners going to loose?? No. why? their main man Atiku is there at the moment we're to sit tight and just watch the massive defection that'd hit APC in the coming months, the resignation news read today would be little compared to what's coming to hit APC soonest

Tinubu is marked for a colossal failure and his trillions will not help him. but is Atiku better?? Not at all and right now we've got no choice but to support the most competent of the three of them

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Pa Edwin Clark should be awarded the clown of the year.

-Okoro bufo
If it is true that Tinubu and Osibanjo have ideas that can solve Nigeria's pyramids of problems, why can't they share them with Buhari since they are one. Why must they allow Nigerians to suffer economically and die gruesomely from for eight years before they will bring out their solutions? I am confused.

We are just hyping these people for no tangible reason. They have nothing good upstairs.
Re: Edwin Clark Withdraws Support For APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by November1857(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Jokes taken too far.

This one always stand with the wrong group.. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Osun: Apc’ll Respond To Results After Consultation – Oyetola / Video: Obi Is Deceiving Youths, Dino Melaye Blast Nigerian Youths / Which State Will Give OBI Bloc Vote?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.