Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,943 members, 7,942,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo (18705 Views)

Tinubu And Shettima Head To Osun For APC Final Campaign Rally / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo At Kogi APC Final Campaign Rally (Photos) / The Moment Buhari Arrived Dikko Stadium In Katsina For His Final Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is one of his low points; he never built bridges with the SW politically yet has lived most part of his adult life in the SW.

This is a lesson to most non-Yoruba who spent all their years in the SW but have no link with their Yoruba host and can't even speak the Yoruba language.

Imagine if he had learnt how to speak Yoruba like Engnr Igbokwe, he would have campaigned in Yoruba in Osun.

Best ways to connect to the Yoruba when you are based in the SW is to learn Yoruba, speak it fluently, dress like Yoruba occassionally and when you build businesses in Yorubaland, hire the Yoruba and attend their family functions where you eat and wine among your Yoruba host. Before you know it, they will see you as a relative and not even Igbo yet it does not take away your Igbo just like most of the Igbo who act Yoruba films. Nobody discriminates against them because they have become stakeholders who are well integrated.

There are very few Igbo like that like current Director of Budgetting, former minister of industry Dr Enelamah and others.

Hope others will learn from his political failure.

He will be like a fish out of water.
Here is Rt. Hon. Lasun being woefully defeated in front of his ancestral home

Good point, but Buhari won SW without learning the language (and I think he was basically based in the SW for much of the 1970's) as did GEJ.

Sometimes ye just need allies that live there.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by jaxxy(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Make him come test him street credibility

I don't subscribe to Peter obi participating in the Ekiti or more especially osun gubernatorial elections campaign cos i think most voters have picked their sides and its too early to make a good impact bt It may still be a learning point and experience for the party going forward.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by FamTomx2(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is one of his low points; he never built bridges with the SW politically yet has lived most part of his adult life in the SW.

This is a lesson to most non-Yoruba who spent all their years in the SW but have no link with their Yoruba host and can't even speak the Yoruba language.

Imagine if he had learnt how to speak Yoruba like Engnr Igbokwe, he would have campaigned in Yoruba in Osun. One of the best ways to connect is learn Yoruba, speaj it, dress like Yoruba occassionally and when you build businesses in Yorubaland, hire the Yoruba and attend their family functions. Before you know it, they will see you as a relative not even Igbo.
There are few Igbo like that like current Director of Budgetting, former minister of industry Dr Enelamah and others.

Hope others will learn from his political failure.

He will be like a fish out of water.
Here is Rt. Hon. Lasun being woefully defeated in front of his ancestral home

@bolded

Hear talk abeg, so when Buhari was campaigning in SW in 2014 he was speaking to them in Yoruba language, likewise GEJ when he won at 2011...

Leave nepotism so that it will be well with your soul.

ObiDatti 2023
Osun for Lasun (LP)

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Moh247: 8:33am On Jul 13, 2022
jaxxy:

I don't subscribe to Peter obi participating in the Ekiti or more especially osun gubernatorial elections campaign cos i think most voters have picked their sides and its too early to make a good impact bt It may still be a learning point and experience for the party going forward.

In Nigeria you must grow your voters list, Buhari grew his 14 million votes for 12 years touring 774 local government and loosing 3 Elections

If Obi starts now 2027 seem great for him
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Midastorch(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2022
KillSars:
Trust the west world, dem go give am a warm welcome en masse...that one no mean sey dem no go flog am for poll sha

But Can tinubu go to afghanEastern?

Na story for another day

Just exactly what I was thinking...SE is made highly hypocritical people...But SW is just too tolerant and it's a good thing for us actually..
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by rickyrex(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Moh247:

How funny because I attended Private school from Nursery to University only had masters in a public Foriegn Universities
do i expect you to tell me you attended agbado community school . i never asked of your profile.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by ajayiopy: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by bojiva3794: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2022
Hfh

Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Kayrich(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2022
Nice one. I like this news. Probably if he has done that in ekiti, Segun Oni would have push more
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by ufotty2001: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2022
And Atiku is in Dubai chilling... Atiku is never a serious person at all.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by jrusky(m): 8:55am On Jul 13, 2022
searchlight:
He might not win any state in the south west but do you think Tinubu will win any state in the south east and south South? The votes that obi will get in Lagos state alone will be more than the votes that Tinubu will get in the whole of south east. Bookmark this.

Can you bet it? Put your money on the table bro. Obi will never win a single state in SW and the North. Put your money on the table.

Yea Tinubu might not get much in SE afterall 5% is inconsequential mind you apga in Anambra can never fall for Obi and I can assure you Uzo Hopeless will tight fist Imo and Umahi been the next senate president will tight fist ebonyi get that fact and River is pdp, bayelsa pdp.

Thanks.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by jaxxy(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2022
Moh247:

In Nigeria you must grow your voters list, Buhari grew his 14 million votes for 12 years touring 774 local government and loosing 3 Elections

If Obi starts now 2027 seem great for him

Just like Osinbajo's rising this isn't about Obi bt a new Nigeria and the other very poor options available. Obi's time has come like a force of Nature that cannot be stopped. cool

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by FreeStuffsNG: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2022
FamTomx2:

@bolded

Hear talk abeg, so when Buhari was campaigning in SW in 2014 he was speaking to them in Yoruba language, likewise GEJ when he won at 2011...

Leave nepotism so that it will be well with your soul.

ObiDatti 2023
Osun for Lasun (LP)
I know folks like you will never learn. You will get to Italy and within 6 months learn Italian and French but spend 40 years in Yoruba land and can't even speak Yoruba.

I just told you what I will do if I find myself living in anywhere they speak a different language; I will learn and integrate myself.

GEJ is from a minority tribe and had to heavily lean on others but that could only get him into office , not retain him in office leading to the gradual death of PDP today.

PMB is a soldier like Pa Obj who know how to speak more than 2 Nigerian languages because he has been the GCO of most of the batalions in NA and former Head of State. That he may not speak Yoruba does not mean he does not understand.

I just pity those who think your ilks can drive their political campaign. They already lost!
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by SenatePresdo(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Make him come test him street credibility

Tinubu should come to Rivers or Anambra and test his street credibility.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by 3ple9iner: 9:07am On Jul 13, 2022
I thought they said he doesn't need the governor's to be president.

with him attending the campaign, the governorship aspirant of lp shouldn't come less than 3rd position.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by colorsofrainbow: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2022
Moh247:

We dey Iwo road for Ibadan where he go pass with awon omo wobe!!! Tell am say we want to play Fuji for am , and he must dance

Na we get our hood oo

Mafo
After chestbeating and you don't do no shit,shame on you!
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by famouscargo4u: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2022
His presence will add nothing to the election. APC will surely win. Labour party and PDP will share their votes
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Meet4UBTC: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2022
Samakus:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/osun-guber-peter-obi-to-storm-osogbo-for-lasun-aide/
Oh Yes! Good news. Please attend, lets see if really dumb youths making noise in here are really mean it thereby help the labour candidate win this election in Osun State. I'm glad you're attending so you won't have any excuses grin grin grin
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by myettiallah: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2022
HilcomTech:
The Pandora criminal coward is not running away this time around?
It takes a criminal to know another criminal
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by TolaniLuv: 9:48am On Jul 13, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Peter obi should not attend because Osun state is Tinubu state of origin and may want to harm Obi

In politics you speak , you walk , you talk with the constitution . Every party is allowed to contest in each state. Nothing will happen to him! I’m from Odin state too just like Tinubu
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Durabest: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
I wouldn't advise him to attend. Tinubu is a desperado but dem never born am well if em try any rubbish
You are just fighting yourself,Tinubu is your next president take it to the bank.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Carlosdd: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2022
EgbonOyedele:
yes ooo
Peter Obi is for everyone
God bless his excellency president Peter Obi

Peter Obi is for those of you that support is ambition likewise other candidates have their supporters, do not be deceived the process is called democracy not autocrat or monarchy system of government
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by SledgeHammerer: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2022
Samakus:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/osun-guber-peter-obi-to-storm-osogbo-for-lasun-aide/

Lol..... finally we'll assess how popular Peter Obi is outside social media. He should stop running away from the reality on ground. We want to see how much votes he can help the labour party candidate to get in Osun election.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2022
TooNoisy:
Even the Labour Party candidate will work for Tinubu in the presidential election. He doesn't even know or care about Peter Obi. Lasun went to Labour because he could not get PDP or APC ticket and Lasun know he will lose.
Dumbo I guess you're his campaign manager
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by SledgeHammerer: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
I wouldn't advise him to attend. Tinubu is a desperado but dem never born am well if em try any rubbish

Sharap jooor....
You're running away from disgrace. We want to test his popularity off twitter with this Osun election.
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by IgOga(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2022
He will not show up...because compares to APC and PDP mega rallies the optics will not look good for Obi as only a handful of people will be in attendance
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by colorsofrainbow: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Sharap jooor....
You're running away from disgrace. We want to test his popularity off twitter with this Osun election.
And when he does and shames you,you shift the goalpost too.
By the way,why is Tinubu not coming to Anambra to test his popularity too outside the Agbado land? grin grin
Re: Osun Guber: Peter Obi To Attend Labor Party's Final Campaign In Osogbo by ade605: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2022
I'm ObedientI'm Obedient...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Obaseki For Emerging Victorious In Edo Election / APC Primaries: Osinbajo Has Majority Of Party Members On His Side – Ajulo / Power Outage While Governor Hope Uzodinma Delivered An Official Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.