Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,153 members, 7,977,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:19 AM

Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo (1839 Views)

Femi Adesina On Sowore’s Rearrest: Less Than 100,000 Nigerians ‘Making Noise’ / Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by swaggerjack: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
Nigerians are making the same mistake they did with Olusegun Obasanjo and Mohammadu Buhari, this time with Peter Obi. Nigerians have a flawed logic that a Messiah will come and fix the country overnight and like sheep with a herd mentality assign a new political personality as the chosen one sent from God.

I remember the celebrations and joy in the streets, churches and mosques when Obasanjo was released from prison and when he won the presidential elections. Nigerians thought with his near death and prison experience under Abacha, he had come to salvage the nation.

Nigerians forgot the past antecedents of Obasanjo when he ruled the nation. This was a man that turned Operation Feed The Nation, to his personal feeding project to corner lands across the country. They forgot how brutal his regime was against critics such as Fela Kuti, who had his mother thrown from from his second-storey window by soldiers and died due to the injuries she sustained.
It was no surprise Obasanjo tenure turned out to be no different from Sani Abacha when it came to corruption, human rights abuses and infrastructural decay across the nation.

Step in Mohammadu Buhari who even Redeemed Christian Church of God, General Overseer Pastor Adeboye and many other pastors vouched for and allowed to use their platform to ascend to Aso Rock. We were told Buhari was the Messiah Nigerians had been waiting for who had come to salvage the country and fight corruption to a standstill.

Nigerians again forgot his past antecedents for lack of respect for human rights, selective corruption fight, incompetence in handling the economy and nepotism.

Now step in Peter Obi who Nigerians are declaring as the next Messiah and have bestowed on him sainthood when they are not the Pope. They choose to overlook his past antecedents of going against the constitution and not conducting local government elections throughout his tenure. Can Peter Obi give account of the local government funds he collected for eight years when he ruled Anambra state?

Nigerians are choosing to overlook serious flaws identified in Peter Obi past. Such as a penchant for continously lieing even when not required, such as saying he only has one wristwatch and no house outside Onitsha in Anambra state.

Peter Obi has enough corruption scandals surrounding him to match the leading candidates Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu, to have sainthood declared on him.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Xscape1993(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
Nigeria politics....
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Wintertime: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
Don't compare light and darkness

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Kennedyli: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
W
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Kennedyli: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
swaggerjack:
They choose to overlook his past antecedents of going against the constitution and not conducting local government elections throughout his tenure. Can Peter Obi give account of the local government funds he collected for eight years when he ruled Anambra state?

is this all you have against Peter Obi?
If you actually researched or watched his interview just last week, you won't make this thread.

Peter Obi was never opposed to local government elections. Rather, the state was taken to court, so all elections were suspended.

Here watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1MBePKIfI0

Go to 44.30 minutes. You'll see him answer this question.
This is the difference between Peter Obi, Tnubu and Atiku.

Go and verify.

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by walefresh3(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
swaggerjack:
Nigerians are making the same mistake they did with Olusegun Obasanjo and Mohammadu Buhari, this time with Peter Obi. Nigerians have a flawed logic that a Messiah will come and fix the country overnight and like sheep with a herd mentality assign a new political personality as the chosen one sent from God.

I remember the celebrations and joy in the streets, churches and mosques when Obasanjo was released from prison and when he won the presidential elections. Nigerians thought with his near death and prison experience under Abacha, he had come to salvage the nation.

Nigerians forgot the past antecedents of Obasanjo when he ruled the nation. This was a man that turned Operation Feed The Nation, to his personal feeding project to corner lands across the country. It was no surprise Obasanjo tenure turned out to be no different from Sani Abacha when it came to corruption, human rights abuses and infrastructural decay across the nation.

Step in Mohammadu Buhari who even Redeemed Christian Church of God Pastor Adeboye and many pastors vouched for and allowed to use their platform to ascend to Aso Rock. We were told Buhari was the Messiah Nigerians had been waiting for who had come to salvage the country and fight corruption to a standstill.

Nigerians again forgot his past antecedents for lack of respect for human rights, selective corruption fight, incompetence in handling the economy and nepotism.

Now step in Peter Obi who Nigerians are declaring as the next Messiah and have bestowed on him sainthood when they are not the Pope. They choose to overlook his past antecedents of going against the constitution and not conducting local government elections throughout his tenure. Can Peter Obi give account of the local government funds he collected for eight years when he ruled Anambra state?

Nigerians are choosing to overlook serious flaws identified in Peter Obi past. Such as a penchant for continously lieing even when not required, such as saying he only has one wristwatch and no house outside Onitsha in Anambra state.

Peter Obi has enough corruption scandals surrounding him to match the leading candidates Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu, to have sainthood declared on him.

Most of the idotics and toxicology miscreants abusing great Tinubu are paid by the labour party and pdp..

Obidient are lunatcs and a bigoted fanatics like thier idolize obituary failure...

I can never vote or being brainwash by a pathological liar ... Who failed to developed small anambra...

Alots of anambranians are suffering running down to Lagos to stay.... Even p-sqaure are not left out...

P-sqaure wey use thier mama do ritual for �...shio...

He no go better for any moderator that ban me...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by walefresh3(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kennedyli:

If this all you have against Peter Obi?
If you actually researched or watched his interview justast week, you won't make this thread.

Peter Obi was never opposed to local government elections. Rather, the state was take to court, so all elections were suspended.

Obituary is a pathological liar and a bigoted Nigerian.... No body is going to vote a terrorists supporter....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Youngwiz71(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hahahaha

So is it a drug Baron in Tinubu you want us to vote?? Or a man whose plan for security is to recruit the youths to eat Agbado day and night....

Or is it Atiku the so called Unifier of the nation who deleted his tweet when Deborah was murdered because the notherns were angry with him??

Speaking of Obasanjo did he actually do badly as President?? Dude that Baba may not have been the best but he tried and he also handed over to a good President in Yaradua whom Nigerians also voted for....

If PO has dirt Sir go and Verify, if it's true bring it to light, na we ourselves go drag am.... If Datti has dirt Sir, go and Verify, bring it to light, we ourselves will drag him....

Enough of our Ancestors ruling us, let them rest, they have tried, we honor them but it's time for us to move this Nation forward and end the Circle of this corrupt relics...

Nairalanders let's be Obidient continually...

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
walefresh3:

Most of the idotics and toxicology miscreants abusing great Tinubu are paid by the labour party and pdp..

Obidient are lunatcs and a bigoted fanatics like thier idolize obituary failure...

I can never vote or being brainwash by a pathological liar ... Who failed to developed small anambra...

Alots of anambranians are suffering running down to Lagos to stay.... Even p-sqaure are not left out...

What development exist in Lagos that is not linked to federal government and Nigerian airway and seaport in Lagos?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by swaggerjack: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Youngwiz71:
Hahahaha

So is it a drug Baron in Tinubu you want us to vote?? Or a man whose plan for security is to recruit the youths to eat Agbado day and night....

Or is it Atiku the so called Unifier of the nation who deleted his tweet when Deborah was murdered because the notherns were angry with him??

Speaking of Obasanjo did he actually do badly as President?? Dude that Baba may not have been the best but he tried and he also handed over to a good President in Yaradua whom Nigerians also voted for....

If PO has dirt Sir go and Verify, if it's true bring it to light, na we ourselves go drag am.... If Datti has dirt Sir, go and Verify, bring it to light, we ourselves will drag him....

Enough of our Ancestors ruling us, let them rest, they have tried, we honor them but it's time for us to move this Nation forward and end the Circle of this corrupt relics...

Nairalanders let's be Obidient continually...
I hate the term often used by Nigerians "tried" Obasanjo did nothing for the nation. Go and look what leaders in Namibia and Botswana did to set their country on the right path.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by delpee(f): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kennedyli:

If this all you have against Peter Obi?
If you actually researched or watched his interview justast week, you won't make this thread.

Peter Obi was never opposed to local government elections. Rather, the state was take to court, so all elections were suspended.

So what happened to the allocation for the LGs?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by sleek214(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
We will not make the same mistake by voting PO. PO will be a complete calamity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Youngwiz71(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
swaggerjack:

I hate the term often used by Nigerians "tried" Obasanjo did nothing for the nation. Go and look what leaders in Namibia and Botswana did to set their country on the right path.

And your term "He did Nothing" is better??
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by blaquebelle: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
You are right about only one thing. Unfortunately, no messiah can save Nigeria on his own. The whole system is a mess.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by swaggerjack: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44, Dominique, Seun, Justwise
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Think9ja(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
But why can't Local Government elections be conducted during the general elections?

Why must governors be the ones to conduct such selections? election?

I don't know the chairman of my LG, neither do I know the councilor of my ward.

I watch TV, I have access to the internet and I read the papers, yet, I don't know much about them. Meanwhile, they are the ones I'm even supposed to know more than the president and the governor.

The average man/woman in the village thinks the bad road in his village is as a result of the president's lack of concern, not knowing it is the work of his chairman and councilor.

I mean, who designed this system?

Tinubu, Atiku and Obi will not do anything because it's a continuation of the very terrible structure of the system.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Goddey18(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Buhari is a notorious failure. How he became the president in this 21st century baffles me.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Trapnews: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
grin

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by ajekpaks(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mistakes are a way of life, constant mistakes us plain stupidity...

OP what you're saying in essence is instead of trying a different approach to the same systems that have continued to present those same mistakes, we should cower and accept them?

Tinubu boldly told you guys to vote out a Jonathan based government for all it's flaws and now sold a Bubari's regime that have made Jonas ineptitude seem like sainthood and now wants to rule you as a compensation for giving you a Buhari government?

Omo even in Mathematics, if one formula does not solve your equation, isn't it better to find another formula instead of repeating the same one that have been giving you errors?

which Kain reverse and regressive kind of mentality Una get self?

A country of over 200million citizens, na emi lo Kan them use dey Jonse Una?
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Kennedyli: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2022
delpee:

So what happened to the allocation for the LGs?
Here watch.

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Kennedyli: 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
walefresh3:

Obituary is a pathological liar and a bigoted Nigerian.... No body is going to vote a terrorists supporter....
Here watch.

This is the difference between Peter Obi, Tnubu and Atiku.

Go and verify.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Osibajo2023: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Tonypen247:
Stop allowing Peter Obi live rent free in your head lipsrsealed undecided.
Make una move on na....live and let others live undecided
if you are not an Igbo person and you are campaigning for peter obi, I swear you no get foresight

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by ajekpaks(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
Osibajo2023:
if you are not an Igbo person and you are campaigning for peter obi, I swear you no get foresight

See how disgustingly despicable your politics is...

Mr. Foresight, how much are you paying for fuel? I'm sure you don't have any family members that are affected by ASUU, Una no dey go school? they don't want you educated so that your brain will not evolve more than the agbado and cassava it needs...

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by SmartPolician: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
If you tell us not to vote for Peter Obi, don't forget to tell us who to vote for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by ottersberger(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
swaggerjack:

Nigerians forgot the past antecedents of Obasanjo when he ruled the nation. This was a man that turned Operation Feed The Nation, to his personal feeding project to corner lands across the country. They forgot how brutal his regime was against critics such as Fela Kuti, who had his mother thrown from from his second-storey window by soldiers and died due to the injuries she sustained.
It was no surprise Obasanjo tenure turned out to be no different from Sani Abacha when it came to corruption, human rights abuses and infrastructural decay across the nation.

Step in Mohammadu Buhari who even Redeemed Christian Church of God, General Overseer Pastor Adeboye and many other pastors vouched for and allowed to use their platform to ascend to Aso Rock. We were told Buhari was the Messiah Nigerians had been waiting for who had come to salvage the country and fight corruption to a standstill.

You Tinubu urchins must be full of yourselves. You fuulish bunch of ignoramus think Nigerians nack head for tree abi. Obasanjo's administration which facilitated your ability to use a mobile phone that made it possible for you to become a lying surrogate to a confirmed criminal named Tinubu is a failure?.

Buhari is a confirmed failure. Who brought him to Nigerians?, Tinubu. You need to quit mentioning Tinubu and Peter Obi in one breath. Light and darkness have no relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Udoboss(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Osibajo2023:

And wat is foresight to you....I bet it was same foresight dat made you vote Buhari twice...now see the country....

I counsel you remove hate and tribalism and think objectively

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Osibajo2023: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
ajekpaks:

See how disgustingly despicable your politics is...

Mr. Foresight, how much are you paying for fuel? I'm sure you don't have any family members that are affected by ASUU, Una no dey go school? they don't want you educated so that your brain will not evolve more than the agbado and cassava it needs...
is it Peter Obi that will position Nigeria to its right place, Peter Obi is a faction of PDP, and eventually will use PDP members as his cabinet, stop fooling yourself, Tinubu will be better because of his authority, even though they are useless, Nigerian politician are useless, his Peter Obi children schooling in Nigeria?as for me anybody wey God wan put make he put am
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Osibajo2023: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Udoboss:

And wat is foresight to you....I bet it was same foresight dat made you vote Buhari twice...now see the country....

I counsel you remove hate and tribalism and think objectively
in terms of sentiment and tribalism, Igbo's are the worst, so keep ur advice because I no get time to waste for any politician, they are the same, Obi has been in PDP, what makes you think he is different from PDP.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by honor4me: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
walefresh3:

Now why are you people worried about Obi at all. He’s of no consequence and going nowhere. Forget all this online rave. It’s leading to nowhere for him and his followers. Since 1979, I never made a mistake about a candidate. They will need about maybe two years of consistent campaign to be anywhere near TINUBU
Re: Peter Obi: Nigerians Making The Same Mistake They Did With Buhari And Obasanjo by Collins4u1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
So who do you think we should support?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Singer Portable Striped Half Naked Infront Of Awolowo Stature / Is Enugu Fully Obidient ? See How Residents Received Peter Obi's Fans / Tinubu Supporter Kidnapped While Trying To Mount APC Billboard In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.