Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,312 members, 7,943,761 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

How To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To New Computer? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To New Computer? (380 Views)

Migrate Outlook To A New Computer / Change Old NIN Phone Number To New Number / How To Transfer Airtime/call Credit On MTN, Airtel, 9mobile & Glo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To New Computer? by ameliaamy: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
How can I move my Thunderbird address book to a new computer? I typically store all of my contacts, both professional and personal, in my Thunderbird Contact Book. I now need to use my personal computer to view my Thunderbird contacts. Is there a manual or automatic method I can use to quickly open every contact in Mozilla Thunderbird on a different system? Please advise me of a trustworthy procedure for securely transferring Thunderbird contacts to a different computer.

No need to worry, though. In this blog post, we present a simple method for exporting Thunderbird contacts to a different computer.

Let's start with a brief introduction to Mozilla Address Book before talking about all conversion methods.

Suggested Solution: Xen MBOX Converter may help you to export MBOX email files into any other file formats.

Several Ways to Move Thunderbird Contacts to a Different Computer

There are both manual and automated ways to export Thunderbird contacts to a new computer. Here, we'll talk about both methods of data conversion.

Export Thunderbird Contacts to New PC manually

When people have Mozilla Thunderbird installed on their PC, this procedure is appropriate.

Step 1: Open Mozilla Thunderbird and choose the account from which you want to transfer your address book.

Note: If Thunderbird is configured with multiple email accounts, you must choose the appropriate account. If not, you may skip this step because it will already be chosen.

Step 2: Click the Address Book button in the Menu bar.

Step 3: Select the Address Book you want to export from the left preview pane in the newly opened window. Select All Address Books if you need to move all of your Thunderbird contacts to a new computer.

Step 4: To launch the Export Address Book dialogue box, click Tools and then choose Export.

Step 5: Locate the location where you want to save the file and give it a name. When choosing a file format to save as choose LDIF (*.ldi;*ldif). Click

Step 6: Next, transfer the created LDIF file to the new computer using an external hard drive, a USB pen drive, or another portable device.

Step 7: Launch the Thunderbird application on the other computer, pick Address Book, and then click the Tools menu.

Step 8: To enter the import wizard, choose Import from the menu bar.

Step 9: Click the Next button after selecting the Text file (LDIF, Tab, CSV, or TXT) option.

Step 10: Click the Open button after navigating to the Thunderbird contact file.

Step 11: After the import procedure has been successfully completed, click Finish.

Move Thunderbird Contacts to a Different Computer

After completing all of these procedures, you can quickly and effortlessly transfer Thunderbird contacts to a different computer.

Download[b] Xen MBOX Converter [/b] to Move Thunderbird Address Book to a New Computer

Users frequently find themselves in the situation of needing to transfer MBOX file to another system but without having Mozilla Thunderbird installed on the original computer. The manual procedure won't work in that situation.
For such circumstances, Xen MBOX Converter is the ideal tool. All MBOX files can be processed by this program, which can then convert to CSV, VCF, or PST file formats.

Final Conclusion

Many people store their contact information in Thunderbird's MBOX file. They might need to transfer Thunderbird contacts to a new computer for a variety of reasons. We have covered several methods for moving Thunderbird contacts to another computer to assist people in such circumstances. Both approaches are simple to utilize, so readers should do so when appropriate.

https://xenconverter.com/blog/convert-mbox-to-csv-file/
https://xenconverter.com/mbox/converter.html
Re: How To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To New Computer? by imamitsingh: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2022
There are two methods to perform MBOX mailbox to Outlook migration: manual and automated. You can pick either option based on your preferences, although the automated method is usually recommended.

However, if you seek a simpler, safer, and straightforward solution, you can use an MBOX to PST converter such as Stellar Converter for MBOX. This MBOX to PST converter is created by a reputed brand Stellar, and it’s both safe and user-friendly.

For more information check Stellar Converter for MBOX product page - https://www.stellarinfo.com/email-tools/mbox-to-pst-converter.php
Re: How To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To New Computer? by ajay09(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2023
Mozilla Thunderbird Backup Tool is the most powerful tool that saves your Thunderbird mailbox to PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, CSV, TIFF, JPG, GIF, HTML, DOC, etc. They have to remove the duplicate email feature to protect your mailbox and save your space from backing up the identical. It has a backup utility that allows you to save your email attachments separately. Additionally, it has compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system. You can try the full-featured trial version of the software to analyze the performance.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Learn About Forex Trading? / FG Encouraged Lingering Strike By Provocative Indifference – ASUU / My REDMI NOTE 11 Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.