Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,863 members, 7,945,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

"They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba (39046 Views)

Oyinbo Man Spotted Speaking Fluent Pidgin English In The UK (video) / Flooding: Man Lands Inside A Stagnant Water While Stepping Out In Ajah / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Timetravel88: 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2022
danjumaisah:
You are right. There is more to Nigeria than what the West portrays.

But you are being kidnapped and killed everyday. See how you have normalized the horrible situation
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by jaxxy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nice bt he shouldn't go to the ghettos oo grin
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Maxwell4404(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Who come upload this one, this video was created 2017
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by dreu2fine(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
jamiluusman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlS3LW5n26U

An Oyinbo man has said people told him Nigeria is a dangerous place but still insisted to come over and see the country.

An interesting video showed him chilling with guys and 'speaking' Yoruba language at the Elegushi Beach, Lagos. He went to eat a plate of Jollof rice too and he said it is spicy.

He said there is more to Nigeria than the crime always reported in the western media.
Una Ron start who teach am youruba
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by ufotunang: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Just go to mushin or Oshodi and move around like this...then you will see
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Mayeldah(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
It may still end in tears

Let him guard his phones, to start with...
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Makowonda: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:
Make he try enter North he will understand better

jollof rice come dey hungry me
You have a similar impression to the North just like the foreigners do to Nigeria.You think the entire North is a war zone because of the information you're getting from the media?
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by semanose: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
TheFacelessMan:
Thank God this video doesn't have the annoying narrative that comes before the video.

Most Nigerian bloggers do this.

A 2 minute video will have the blogger talking over for 1min 30 seconds and giving his unsolicited opinion before asking you to subscribe to his channel.

This is because, the youtube channel belongs to the White Vlogger.

This video was last year.

His name is Austin.

In his YouTube channel, he explores various countries to show his viewers the true conditions of every country he visit.

He loves Nigeria except the sunlight affect his eyes most times.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Holla911(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Okobola146:
He came to Nigeria to learn Yoruba language because he knows that, that's the language God would use to george the whole world

You mean the language "weah" he comes from isnt really important ?

1 Like

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by sinkhole: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Okobola146:
He came to Nigeria to learn Yoruba language because he knows that, that's the language God would use to george the whole world
The guy learns language of places he visits, he can speak Swahili, Chinese, French, and many others

1 Like

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by semanose: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
TheFacelessMan:
Thank God this video doesn't have the annoying narrative that comes before the video.

A 2 minute video will have the blogger talking over for 1min 30 seconds and giving his unsolicited opinion before asking you to subscribe to his channel.

You're right, it is very annoying.

They do that because it is like stealing another person's content.

So to make it original or theirs they include their voice.

YouTube is going to pull this video down soon because this YouTuber took the video from Sabbaatical.

This video was shot last year. The Whiteman there is Jossy and he owns the YouTube channel,Sabbatical

In his Vlog, he explores various countries to show his viewers the true conditions of every country he visit.

He loves Nigeria except the sunlight affect his eyes most times.

He collaborates with other Nigerian Vlogers like Tayo and one female African Vloger to visit Nigeria.

I find his own videos more fun to watch than other foreign Vlogers.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by jojothaiv(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:

Abobi no go try that one, na red list region you want make white man chest, tarrrrrrhhhh, I reject it for him, over his dead body.

As for the jollof rice matter, you fii play come Gada Biu for Jos, e get one woman like that wey her rice dey try and na with small money you go bellefu
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by kamalbob(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:

Yup, just like unknown gunmen and ritualists pamper you abi? Lol cunfused idiot
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Enumerator(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
I tell you!
thesicilian:
Where he's coming from is probably more dangerous than Nigeria
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Yes there is more to Nigeria than what is being reported by the media.

I think the reason why these so called developed countries depict African countries negatively is because they don't want our brother and sisters working for them over there to ever think of returning to their mother land.

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Okobola146: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Holla911:

You mean the language "weah" he comes from isnt really important ?
Google is your friend
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Transcriber: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
I've seen this video for months now, this is a travel vlogger. You guys should stop making "oyinbo" look like gods
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Transcriber: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
etrange:

Oyibo man lands in Lagos?

I don't really understand why Nigeria celebrates this kind of visits. A country as big as Nigeria will millions people, then one man comes from the West and it makes a headline. Funny thing is, such visitors mostly go to the rural places just to feed the narratives back home.

Anyway, I hope he enjoys his stay.
it's disgusting how Nigerians worship anything white

Very disgusting sad

1 Like

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Transcriber: 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
lansile:
This ignorant white man needs prayer to make it out of there unhurt. Those guys smoke India helm, drink all kinds of stuff and he is catching fun with them. Just pray no one order for white man head for ritual
there is nothing wrong with weed. Elevate your mind
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by joshuaidibia(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:

Wetin him wan find for North wey him no go see for West and South?
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by od501: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
jamiluusman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlS3LW5n26U

An Oyinbo man has said people told him Nigeria is a dangerous place but still insisted to come over and see the country.

An interesting video showed him chilling with guys and 'speaking' Yoruba language at the Elegushi Beach, Lagos. He went to eat a plate of Jollof rice too and he said it is spicy.

He said there is more to Nigeria than the crime always reported in the western media.

Oga, better start going back, to avoid stories that touch.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by aramanda14: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
It is very dangerous, money disappears immediately you get it, except when you save on FairSave the way I do.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by deepwater(f): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

I practically watched this video to the end for the first time. I wouldn't hv been able to do so if u heard a froggie voice for the 1st one minute
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by JennyOfOldstones(f): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
This is an old video. The change in opinion he had when he left Nigeria was very embarrassing. Something has to be done about those crooks at the airport
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by ComeToJesus: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Lol.. I simply skip the silly narrative and if I skip twice, the blogger is still talking, I yank it off my screen.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by MMWandali: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:

What's wrong with the north?

I was born in the North
Grew up in the North

I've been living in the North for the past 10 years now

Just like the way he received wrong news from the western media about naija
Likewise you in the south are receiving wrong news about the north from your media

Come see for yourself
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
Jollof15:

Thats it. This is definitley a new mental illness that must be documented!

I call it Tinubu Derangement Syndrome(TDS). Its a mental disorder prevalent in southern nigeria but especially in igboland, that compels one to mention tinubu or insult him in every setting and context, even when no one else mentioned him

Nigerian doctors must work to eradicate TDS, or the effects could be disastrous!
So Druggie don become another name for Tinubu.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by BJanta: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Druggie's urchins shouldn't come across him, it will be tears and anguish.

Lagos is not like the cannibalist Southeast where the natives cherish and feast on human flesh. Or where even the cannibalist indigenes are freely and cheaply kidnapped by IPOB/ESN/UGM on daily basis and used to make pepper soup. Even your father/mother/brothers/sisters/uncles/aunts/everyone and yourself are not free in Iboland. Even lawmakers are freely and easily captured and cooked to make soup. Deny it ?

1 Like

Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by RaptorX: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
Enter mainland, commot for Island

Last last...enter North
The airport he came through and the thousands of other foreigners came through is located on the mainland.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2022
Give him better Igbo to cool down his spirit. I wish burna boy, wizkid and portable locate this guy very soon.
Re: "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba by snoopz: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nigeria don finish us, see as a nobody òyìnbó come naija to come and look, Abeg i wan go look US, how can I wey be nobody for naija fit arrange am alone??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man High On 'Ace Of Spades' Bashes His Car While Returning From A Club. Photo / 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours / Migration: The Long Road To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.