Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo (447 Views)

Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? / Dapo Abiodun Meets Gbenga Daniel, After His Resignation From Politics / Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri Mock Shehu Sani Over Resignation From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by Islie: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
By Muideen Olaniyi

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday, distanced himself from a memo said to have been written from his office and sent to President Muhammadu Buhari seeking permission to resign his membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The memo dated June 24, 2022, with reference number SH/VP/605/2./0 listed among others, family pressure, his (Osinbajo) continuous participation in active and partisan politics and membership of the APC as the reasons for his decision.

However, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, Mr Laolu Akande, when asked to confirm the authenticity of the said memo, described it as fake.

According to him, the language of the author of the memo is not that of Osinbajo, saying his boss would not write a memo so full of errors.

“Where do you people even get these things from? Who gave it to you? Anyways, for the avoidance of doubt, the memo is fake. VP didn’t write any such thing,” he said.

The memo with the heading, Permission To Resign From APC, and purportedly signed by Osinbajo, read: “I have the honour to inform you that for sometime now, I have been having series of meetings and pressure from my immediate family members on some matters. One of the issues borders on my continuous participation on active and partisan politics, and by extension, my continuous membership of our party, the All Progressives Congress, APC.

“As a father and great member , whom without you, I would not be where I am today, regrettably, I write to seek for your permission to resign my membership of the All Progressives Congress, APC. However, if the timing of this plan is not convenience or acceptable by Your Excellency, I will surely abide by your decision and advice, which I will consider to be the final. Please accept the assurances of my highest regards and loyalty.”

https://dailytrust.com/memo-claiming-my-resignation-from-apc-is-fake-osinbajo

Lalasticlala
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by southking92(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
Dey first deny, den Leta, d truth cms to limelight.
Bt, it will great if he resigns and becomes Obidient.

We say NO to Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Vote d man from d East

2 Likes

Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by FreeStuffsNG: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
Honestly, the source of this forgery can be traced and the criminal behind it apprehended.
People should always be reminded that they can always be held to account.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by inoki247: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
Where e wan resign go before....

No be wu get Electoral value dey try something new...
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by Truthisunique2: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
Just do and leave that post

We are tired of Apc ransom government
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by Gandollaar(f): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
Whatever they care to deny is true.
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
It wouldn't have made any difference if he had resigned. He has been quiet and hardly noticeable since he lost out of the primaries.
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by Penguin2: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
If Osinbajo is a man of honour and a true Christian, this is the time to tender his resignation both from APC and as Vice President; to protest the brazen disregard for Christians by his party.

Or are you telling me that Osinbajo who is a Pastor will participate in campaigning for a Muslim-Muslim ticket which if it succeeds will render Christians impotent and jeopardize our faith?

Osinbajo where art thine honour?
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by logicalhumour: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
grin

Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by helinues: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
It's actually very funny.

That was how one Oluku was saying Buhari should resign, less than 8 months to complete his term.

He should resign and cause confusion?

Opposition is not madness. Nigeria oppositions should take this their propaganda easy
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by helinues: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
Penguin2:
If Osinbajo is a man of honour and a true Christian, this is the time to tender his resignation both from APC and as Vice President; to protest the brazen disregard for Christians by his party.

Or are you telling me that Osinbajo who is a Pastor will participate in campaigning for a Muslim-Muslim ticket which if it succeeds will render Christians impotent and jeopardize our faith?

Osinbajo where art thine honour?

You don't know your way to Aso Rock and deliver the message to him directly.
Re: Memo Claiming My Resignation From APC Is Fake – Osinbajo by judithjam: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Where is this guy shouting on all thread before,princeoflagos

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Unwilling To Give Up Multi Billion Pension Despite 10% Monthly Tax Pay / Governor Nyeso Wike Blast Atiku And PDP As He Plans Decamping / Rank The 3 Leading Presidential Candidates On A Scale Of 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.