Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,944 members, 7,883,291 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children (18250 Views)

UK To Stop Dependent Visa / Does Canada Give Dependent Visa For Couples? / How Nigerians Can Bring Their Family/dependent To The UK Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Bluffly: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
passwelle:
My humble submission is to marry now and do not backdate any paperwork.
Cohabitation is a well-established and accepted practice in the Western world.
If in doubt refer to the following:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/
They call it Civil partnership and must be registered
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Yankee101: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
Go and get married formally
Add traditional marriage pictures
Show account transfers to each other
Show pictorial evidence year by year
Add children's birth cert with both your names on it
Add your PVC if is carries both same addresses
His work place documents showing you as his spouse or next of kin
Sworn affidavits from the court, your parents and a highly placed civil servant

These should cover you hopefully

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Okobola146: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
Divorce him and remarry him again
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by teemy(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

we share different name. I have never used his name officially. even if i back date the document, all i have is a marriage certificate as the tie. no other document. i still need proof of joint residence

Bank Statement
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by sucre2(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
The UK law is very direct and reasonable about dependants as you only need to prove to them that a relationship exists between you guys. Don't stress over it, your kids birth certificate is enough proof that you are partners, get your old pictures that you might have snapped together and explain your situation in the part where it says notes or something. I can't remember. In addition, if you are still not comfortable with this arrangement, you can have a marriage at your local government and include it in your application. However, they can see the date and understand the marriage was specifically for the visa application.

All the best.

movedup:
My partner and i have been traditionally married for 10 years without proper documentation or marriage license. We have 3 children together but apart from their birth certificates and our bank statement as proof of our relationship, there is nothing else.

He has been offered a full sponsored tier 2 visa to the U.K and we have been asked to submit 6 documents each as proof of residence and all I have to proof my residence with him in the same house is only my driver's license. I am a stay at home mom. what do we do?

thank you

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by nedekid: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:
My partner and i have been traditionally married for 10 years without proper documentation or marriage license. We have 3 children together but apart from their birth certificates and our bank statement as proof of our relationship, there is nothing else.

He has been offered a full sponsored tier 2 visa to the U.K and we have been asked to submit 6 documents each as proof of residence and all I have to proof my residence with him in the same house is only my driver's license. I am a stay at home mom. what do we do?

thank you
So? What stops him from taking you to the marriage registry to do the proper thing? You then add the certificate along with drivers license and birth certificate? Besides, how can you stay with a man for 10 years without him committing formally to you?
God forbids, what if the unfortunate happens tomorrow, how do you claim his assets for the betterment of you and 3 children?
My dear, us this as an opportunity to make him take you to registry for proper legal marriage asap. Luck do shine in you!
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Chartey(m): 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nigerians should stop giving wrong answers to questions they know nothing about.

You don't even need to be married to a partner to get a dependent visa for them.

Go to gov.uk and read up everything about dependents on Tier 2.

How did you even apply for and get a Tier 2 without reading the guidelines and terms on the website? Or did someone do it for you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by bsideangel: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Simply get the utility bills you guys share together with both of your names appearing on them, your lease agreement should carry both your names as well basically what ever carries both of your names and can also prove that you guys have been living together is the kind of proof they require, that's all. Don't over stress your self about it, better still contact a good immigration lawyer to assist you in putting together your application, you will be fine.
movedup:

thank you
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by zionstaar75: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
passwelle:
My humble submission is to marry now and do not backdate any paperwork.
Cohabitation is a well-established and accepted practice in the Western world.
If in doubt refer to the following:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/
this is the only person telling u fact here ,if u forge anything you'll get caught. U can swear an affidavit and include pictures
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by 5gee: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you
In the eyes of UKBA, you are legal partners. Prove you have children together and you also continue to operate a joint account. If he gives you money monthly via your bank account, put it. Also add your traditional "marriage" certificate, if available. No need to do another wedding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Allegory(f): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

@rickpat. thank you for your contributon
No need to marry now and back date it when you’ve already told them you’re not married, that’s just begging for a ban.

You can submit your bank statement and driver’s licence, the older the documents the better. You can also submit documents that are in the children’s name that have the address and explain to them why you don’t have more. Better to submit what you have than get caught lying to prove the truth

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by jasminer: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you

1. Use your electricity bill or rent receipt to go to the bank and change your address (if it isn't the current address already, use a Bank letter or statement of account as the proof of address)

2. What about your voters card? It should carry your address, either the temporary card or the permanent one.

3. Sworn affidavit from the court

4. Attestation letter from your LCDA office. Should state the duration of stay in the community and also state you're of a good behaviour.

5. Do you have a Lasrra certificate? You can go to their office and register for one, it's instant and usually bears the address.

6. I assume the rent receipt bears your husband's name but I think if you talk to your landlord and pay some money, he will be willing to write a letter attesting that you are resident in his apartment for Bleep years, married and live with your kids etc on his letter headed paper preferably or notarized in court for more authenticity.

Best of luck.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by missebira(f): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2022
Movedup

1 Voters card, 2 personal bank statement showing your address, 3 go to the court and swear an affidavit, 4 go to your LCDA or LG office and ask for an attestation letter stating your address and duration of stay in the community, 5 ask your landlord for a letter headed letter confirming you're resident in his property, 6 get a Lasrra certificate if you don't have one

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by DisGuy: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
Seems the antispam went into overdrive. apologies

PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, CALM DOWN read the content before replying

She is asking for document she can use as proof of address not marriage advice!
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by DisGuy: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Emmanuel909090: 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you

Someone talked about going to the registry.
That's what you should do,just back date it and you are good.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Kinkinatus(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hello, previous text messages between you and your partner, no matter how old will count as evidence of a subsisting relationship. As an addition, an affidavit from your local High Court regarding the duration and strength of the relationship should also help. All the best.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by maasoap(m): 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
meobizy:
Since when did this not count as a union?

You people had no problem with the situation for ten years. The only step I can advice is going to a court. Anybody you ask there will give more detailed information than the children on Nairaland can provide .

What an insult?
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Ogbaba123: 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
If you have evidence of cohabiting for 2 years then you’re alright.

Evidence may include common bills you pay regularly

movedup:

thank you
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by meobizy(f): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
maasoap:

What an insult?
It hurts because it is true.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by IamGreen1(f): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

we share different name. I have never used his name officially. even if i back date the document, all i have is a marriage certificate as the tie. no other document. i still need proof of joint residence

Ask at mumconfessionshub on Instagram, I'm very sure that you'll get the help you need.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Traveling For Yuletide, How Much Is Your Transport Fare? / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / Contractor Abandons Zaria Airport Project, Absconds With N37m, Senate Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.