Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,822 members, 7,935,536 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 10:54 AM

PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification (32249 Views)

LP Seeks Postponement Of Elections In Ondo Over Missing Logo / PDP Sues Rep Vincent Ofumelu, Withdraws Provisional Clearance Certificate (Photo / PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by openmine(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
NewFolm4:
…wants Shettima, Baba-Ahmed barred as VP candidates, joins Okupe, Masari, LP in suit
• We’ll respond to PDP, says LP’s lawyer
• We’re aware of the suit – Tinubu’s legal team

https://punchng.com/pdp-sues-inec-apc-seeks-obi-tinubus-disqualification/

For there to be a substitution of a candidate, the vice-presidential candidate must write to the INEC, with an affidavit stating that he is withdrawing from the race within the time frame provided by the law, as that is the only way there can be a substitution of candidates.”
The VP of the affected parties have written to INEC and expressed the desire to withdraw from the race!
This lawsuit is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by fergie001: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
saintkeppy:

Yes, according to reports reaching me, counsel to Friday Iwok&others, Ahmed Raji wasn't in court but don't know the reason
Yea, he wasn't.
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Latakia(f): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
Minime10:

Are you in anyway referring to Bobo Chicago & agbado cassava coroner as your town union incoming presudent Your case is beyond redemption grin
Yes Bobo Chicago. May my life be manage the way Bobo Chicago managed Lagos State amen. May your life be manage the way Obi Pandora managed Anambra state and may your life be also manage the way Atiku managed our national assets. Oya say amen. U can still use the herbal medicine to flush out the hatred and frustration from your body system.

Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Latakia(f): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
GoldenstateChel:
so jagaban manage ur life d way he handicap Lagos in is pocket, continue so human being dey manage ur life chai I done see person were dey curse him life
Just say amen like I did for Jagaban for either Obi Pandora or Atiku and leave theory or we post your obituary for denying yourself what you wish for Nigeria from those two clowns u support. Meanwhile use the herbal medicine to flush out the hatred and frustration from your body system. U are a bastard if you can't say amen.

Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Prof9292: 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreyLaw:

Lol... which law are you quoting? Since when do we hold primaries for deputies and Vices? Hahaha

Supreme court judgement on Bayelsa said it's a Joint ticket and if one is disqualified, the other is disqualified too. So if one withdraw, there should be a new primary election
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Petdagr8t(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
Truly PDP is a useless opposition party according to Deji Adeyenju
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Agugbadin: 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
PDP is already afraid of going into election.
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Prettychild(f): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
NewFolm4:
…wants Shettima, Baba-Ahmed barred as VP candidates, joins Okupe, Masari, LP in suit
• We’ll respond to PDP, says LP’s lawyer
• We’re aware of the suit – Tinubu’s legal team

https://punchng.com/pdp-sues-inec-apc-seeks-obi-tinubus-disqualification/
lol! This can’t fly. INEC had already given a grace period, which means they could do and undo within that grace period
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by hanymasahun: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
Same here bro i will even burn my passport join
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Owologbo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
espeeroke:
Good move. Let's see how it goes
There's nothing good about this their move. Both VPs resigned. will the court force them them to be VPs?
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by NICENEDU29: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Validated:
I see merit in this case. I am only pained because Peter Obi fell into this trap. By the way, PDP need to add the 7th, 8th and 9th defendants, NNPP, Kwankwaso and Lasipo Johnson
You are wrong. I see no merit in the case. Remember that Okupe and Masari, on their own volition, expressed their lack of interest to run for the post of vice president after being nominated and as such, they voluntarily withdrew from the race. So, it is impossible for the court or anyone to force them to contest the post of vice president when they do not want to. On the other hand, you cannot expect their parties to contest the election without a vice presidential candidate when the earlier ones nominated by them have voluntarily withdrawn from the race. Rather, they must look for a replacement to fill their places. And remember that the court or anybody at all cannot expect their parties to conduct a primary election within 14 days in order to elect their replacement because in the first place, they were not selected through election as running mates to vie for the post of vice president, but were merely nominated. So, the best thing to do in a circumstance like this where they voluntarily withdrew from the race is to nominate other persons to replace them. Whether they were there in the first place as placeholders (which the law does not recognise) or not is totally immaterial. What matters most is that they voluntarily withdrew from the race and other persons were nominated to replace them.
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Poleski: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
Latakia:
Na u dey suffer cos I didn't come to your house come beg for garri. Blame yourself if u couldn't build yourself a future. PDP that embezzled money meant to complete their own national secretariat is who u want me.yo vote for a a labourer that can't point to one physical infrastructure he did in Anambra is what u want me to vote for?
May my life be manage the way Jagaban managed Lagos amen. May your life be manage the way Obi Pandora managed Anambra state or may your life be manage the way Atiku managed our national assets. Pls say amen.

And meanwhile, u still need the Jagaban herbal to flush out the hatred and frustration from your body system.

You are all over the place with your dumb response. The fact that you falsely claimed Peter Obi had no physical infrastructure during his tenure as governor shows you're completely out of touch with reality.

You're too low in knowledge of politics and the criminals you're blindly supporting. Thus, I can't waste my time responding to you. Continue to wallow in your ignorance.
Re: PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification by Latakia(f): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Poleski:

You are all over the place with your dumb response. The fact that you falsely claimed Peter Obi had no physical infrastructure during his tenure as governor shows you're completely out of touch with reality.

You're too low in knowledge of politics and the criminals you're blindly supporting. Thus, I can't waste my time responding to you. Continue to wallow in your ignorance.
Na u dey suffer cos I didn't come to your house come beg for garri. Blame yourself if u couldn't build yourself a future. PDP that embezzled money meant to complete their own national secretariat is who u want me.yo vote for a a labourer that can't point to one physical infrastructure he did in Anambra is what u want me to vote for?
May my life be manage the way Jagaban managed Lagos amen. May your life be manage the way Obi Pandora managed Anambra state or may your life be manage the way Atiku managed our national assets. Pls say amen.

And meanwhile, u still need the Jagaban herbal to flush out the hatred and frustration from your body system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The US Court Proceedings On CSU: A National Embarrassment By Osita Chidoka / APC Shops For Giadom’s Replacement / Gunmen Kill Alamkah Dominic Usman, APC Chairmanship Candidate In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.