Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth (998 Views)

I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre / Ashleigh Plumptre Switches Nationality To Nigeria / Leicester City Ashleigh Plumptre Trained With Super Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by robosky02(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ashleigh Plumptre Bio Nigeria Career Net Worth

Ashleigh Plumptre is a football player who plays for Leicester City and Nigeria as a defender.

She is one of the most highlight-rated defenders in Barclay’s Women Super League in England.

Ashleigh Plumptre has managed to establish herself as a big name in Women’s football from the youth system to a regular player.

There is so much the defender had to go through establishing herself as a footballer which wasn’t easy with the multiple English players coming up.

She has proven to be a future talent as she keeps improving on her career with other clubs already eyeing a move for her.

Her parents are British but share Nigerian heritage which goes down to her grandfather from her dad’s side.

She will become 24 years old in 2022 with her birthday in May.

Plumptre attended her primary school in Mowbray.

She started playing football at the young age of 4 with Asfordby Amateurs.

Growing up for her has always been about her focusing on her football career which she has done well for herself to date.

Ashleigh Plumptre’s father, Tim is the one with the Nigerian heritage going down to his grandfather who is a Yoruba man from Lagos State.

She has a sister who is 10 years old named Bayleigh Bisi, a young musician and a drummer.

Before Plumptre decided to play for Nigeria, she has never been there or had experience, although her siblings do according to the player.

Plumptre Career

Ashleigh Plumptre started her professional football career when she joined the Leicester City youth system at the very young age of 8.

She has now played for the Nigeria Women’s Super Falcon team in a Qualifier match.

She carried on playing for them under the seven years spent developing as a young player while she played for their Under 10-15 categories.

Development through the youth ranks saw her join the Birmingham City Under-17 team in 2013 where she got the opportunity of training with the senior players during her stay.

The following year was another move for her this time to Derby County, that same 2014 she moved to WSL 1 side Notts County making her debut as a substitute against Liverpool.

Ashleigh Plumptre moved to the U.S.A In 2016 where she played college soccer at the University of Southern California making 17 appearances as a freshman in a midfield position.

Her team won the College Cup title which she played 27 minutes in the final with them claiming a 2-1 victory against West Virginia.

Plumptre turned into playing as a full defender and she went on appear playing that position in all 23 USC’s games during the season.

She carried on developing while studying at the same time, which in March 2019 she signed up to play for LA Galaxy OC during the College offseason.

After college, she decided to make a return back to Leicester City where she started her football career.

The Foxes sealed a move for the defender beating other offers coming from top Women’s clubs.

In 2020, Plumptre made her senior debut making an assist in a match that saw Leicester City beat Crystal Palace 3-1.

She went on playing for the side who gained promotion this season to the top English Women League in England and she has been exceptional so far.

Her International career saw her play for England underage categories of 15, 17, 19, and 23’s, she represented them in two major tournaments.

At 17 years old, She became the youngest player named in an under-23 team which saw her make a combined 30 appearances at the youth level, scoring 10 goals.

In 2021, the Leicester City defender publicly made known her interest in switching to play for Nigeria after seeing the likes of Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho.

She got an invitation to play for Super Falcons in an unofficial game against Olimpija Ljubljana which they won 1-0 the same year.

Since then she has been attending camps for the female team before she was finally cleared to play for the Nigerian national team.

She made her senior debut for the Super Falcons of Nigeria in their 2-0 win against Ivory Coast as the Abuja national stadium for the Women AFCON qualifiers.

Ashleigh Plumptre Net Worth

She has a net worth of $1 million. Ashleigh Plumptre earns a good pay for playing for Leicester City in the Women’s League.

The defender is expected to sign more lucrative endorsement deals and grow her career.

A move to bigger team is expected to also happen if she keeps on playing regular and putting on good performance.

Ashleigh Plumptre is now happy to play for both Nigeria and Leicester City as a footballer.

Lalasticlala. Mynd44 mukina2
https://www.mysportdab.com/2022/02/ashleigh-plumptre

1 Like

Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by Christboy320(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
Good to know
Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by Karlovich: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
embarassed Wonderful! One of the benefits of Awolowo's free education for his people he sent to the UK.
Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by robosky02(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
She living her dream

1 Like

Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by robosky02(m): 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2022

Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by musterseeds: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Awesome post, well detailed

2 Likes

Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by robosky02(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
musterseeds:
Awesome post, well detailed

Yea. What an amazing player we have here
Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by fattprince(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2022
I love the fact she's purely white. I guess she wanted something exotic. I'm sure she will have a place in English team if she decided to play for them. I hope she's treated well and not made to regret this. It will be funny playing in WAFCON. Though SA has been giving us this for a long time.

Who noticed S.A male team hardly has white unlike before that they had at least 40% white in their national team.

1 Like

Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2022
fattprince:
I love the fact she's purely white. I guess she wanted something exotic. I'm sure she will have a place in English team if she decided to play for them. I hope she's treated well and not made to regret this. It will be funny playing in WAFCON. Though SA has been giving us this for a long time.

Who noticed S.A male team hardly has white unlike before that they had at least 40% white in their national team.

SA white choose where they strive in other sports like swimming,cycling and cricket
Re: Ashleigh Plumptre: Super Falcons Of Nigeria & Leicester Player Career Net Worth by fattprince(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2022
hakeemhakeem:

SA white choose where they strive in other sports like swimming,cycling and cricket
I know which was unlike before in football. With Mark Fish et al. Just thinking about it now and it came to my notice.

(1) (Reply)

Man United's Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Maguire Most Abused Premier League Players / PSG Losses 1 Million Followers On Instagram After Messi's Suspension. / Where Them Ma(d)n. Utd Fanatics?: Arsenal Rules For Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.