Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:21 PM

Marijuana Quiting Thread - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Marijuana Quiting Thread (12317 Views)

Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Covenant University Dropout Shares Story Of How Marijuana Is Ruining His Life / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
Wow.
I can't relate to your story at all.
I guess addiction is a thing of the mind and e get how e dey do different people.

I started weed when I was 18 and was smoking everyday till I turned 23 last year. I just decided to stop and focus on my career more.

It's not like I'm addicted because when the urge comes, I tell myself, "i've been through it all, all the phases of highness, all strains, I don enjoy life"
The urge just goes away.
I still smoked this year but it's on occasions. I've been off weed a while now.

I had a friend 2 years ago, we were staying together. One day, I didn't sleep at home and he didn't have money to buy weed and he thought I'd bring weed home when I dey come back for night.

As i didn't sleep at home that night and he no see weed smoke, that nigga had withdrawal symptoms. He was vomiting and was shaking.
I heard about it the next day when I came back. That way when I know sey addiction na bad thing.
His body has been so used to it, it can't do without it.
Till today, the nigga hasn't stopped, I'm sure he'll need professional help if he wants to stop.

All I'm saying is, addiction has different ways e dey do person.

I wish you good luck on your journey to become clean of THC.

3 Likes

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

Day 18

Damn I relapsed again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2022
Cc lagbajatgeberean: where are you sir, hope you good . This is so unusual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 22, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

Damn I relapsed again
Sobriety is a fools game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Jakumo(m): 5:31am On Aug 22, 2022
Olasyke:
Wow.
I can't relate to your story at all.
I guess addiction is a thing of the mind and e get how e dey do different people.

I started weed when I was 18 and was smoking everyday till I turned 23 last year. I just decided to stop and focus on my career more.

It's not like I'm addicted because when the urge comes, I tell myself, "i've been through it all, all the phases of highness, all strains, I don enjoy life"
The urge just goes away.
I still smoked this year but it's on occasions. I've been off weed a while now.

I had a friend 2 years ago, we were staying together. One day, I didn't sleep at home and he didn't have money to buy weed and he thought I'd bring weed home when I dey come back for night.

As i didn't sleep at home that night and he no see weed smoke, that nigga had withdrawal symptoms. He was vomiting and was shaking.
I heard about it the next day when I came back. That way when I know sey addiction na bad thing.
His body has been so used to it, it can't do without it.
Till today, the nigga hasn't stopped, I'm sure he'll need professional help if he wants to stop.

All I'm saying is, addiction has different ways e dey do person.

I wish you good luck on your journey to become clean of THC.

"Vomiting and shaking" are NOT symptoms of withdrawal from cannabis use, but could be related to the stoppage of ingesting cannabis that was being adulterated with something more dangerous and physically addictive like deadly artificial THC (spice), Tramadol, or some other opiate that really entraps addicts and sickens them if they try to quit.

The recent spate of poisonings in which weed sellers add other dangerous chemicals to perhaps increase the potency of weed is the best reason to either grow one's own supply if one happens to reside in a very remote area or alternatively to QUIT forever before one of those chemical additives causes madness or death for an unsuspecting user.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Jakumo(m): 5:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Olasyke:

Sobriety is a fools game

This reminds me of a funny quote I heard many moons ago. " Reality is a crutch for those who are too cowardly to face drugs".

On a serious note, exercise is the bridge to sobriety regardless of what the addiction might have been. Exercise will produce DOPAMINE in the human body naturally, and thereby replace the artificially raised dopamine levels in the blood brought about by drug use.

Dopamine is of course the "feel good" secretion that is naturally produced within the human body. When dopamine levels are artificially raised in the body by drug use, the body's capacity to produce natural dopamine is diminished, which is why addicts feel depressed when they quit using drugs. The key, therefore, is to utilize exercise to accelerate the body's healing process whereby natural dopamine is generated as it should be in the body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2022
Olasyke:

Sobriety is a fools game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by AOresources: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
I also came across this thread and i think i will tap in to this energy to work on mine..i started smoking since 1997 and i have never gone for break..worst still, i do bazz too, beer and all this bitter them.. I observed i easily have mood swings, low self esteem, less urge to start something, hardly finishes task like saving, starting something that i know could kick up in the next 6 months for instance..but to stay put na issue..and i ended up concluding this must be marijuana at work.. Im afraid to start to stop. But i will try..so help me God!

Will be kickstarting mine tomorrow, i go still blow later this evening..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
AOresources:
I also came across this thread and i think i will tap in to this energy to work on mine..i started smoking since 1997 and i have never gone for break..worst still, i do bazz too, beer and all this bitter them.. I observed i easily have mood swings, low self esteem, less urge to start something, hardly finishes task like saving, starting something that i know could kick up in the next 6 months for instance..but to stay put na issue..and i ended up concluding this must be marijuana at work.. Im afraid to start to stop. But i will try..so help me God!

Will be kickstarting mine tomorrow, i go still blow later this evening..

Let’s do this sir, I’ve been trying to quit for a while now, I do relapse after 2-3 weeks.. I’m experiencing the same effects you listed even thou I started 6 years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by AOresources: 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

Let’s do this sir, I’ve been trying to quit for a while now, I do relapse after 2-3 weeks.. I’m experiencing the same effects you listed even thou I started 6 years ago.

I will... Gracias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by AOresources: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2022
Day 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2022
Day 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Day 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Day 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 6:10am On Aug 27, 2022
Day 4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Ekabobo: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:
Day 4

Am seriously rooting for you...been following dis thread recently...not an addict at all... But I can tell the battle ur fighting....it's ok to fall but real strength is well u rise n continue again with utmost determination.... U will make it... I promise u.... So proud of yull....God bless!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
Ekabobo:

Am seriously rooting for you...been following dis thread recently...not an addict at all... But I can tell the battle ur fighting....it's ok to fall but real strength is well u rise n continue again with utmost determination.... U will make it... I promise u.... So proud of yull....God bless!

Thank you so much .. I pray I’m able to overcome. I will keep fighting. This evening makes it day 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
Cc: jagabantgeberean. I really miss you here bro. God be with you wherever you are brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:16am On Aug 28, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

Thanks man.

I can't even place a word on that feeling but then it's a steady journey, a little falling, a little rising here and there and look at where the boy is at the moment....

Meanwhile, it's Day 31.......
And it's Day 42.......

I've been in the wilderness of loss for 11 days, steadily I'm finding my feet.

I didn't relapsed though, I had hardluck with some of the money moves I made that was why I lay low.

Wavvyyyyy don't forget the email I replied to, I still believe you would come out strong.
Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:23am On Aug 28, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:
Cc: labajatheberean. I really miss you here bro. God be with you wherever you are brother
Man, the feeling is mutual and trust me we will conquer this and please do check your mail.

Relapse? Not again, promise not to do that, be accountable to yourself, you can get Rewire Companion on playstore and be faithful to it or get a calendar and tick out each days you successfully do away with the act..

I might not be active again as I need to hustle more but remember we are all in this together.
Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:25am On Aug 28, 2022
Omasanbuwa:
Day 1
August 27?
August 28?

Be accountable to yourself first.
Withdrawal symptoms is bound to kick in.
You might have to lose some friends because the values no longer align, all in all, be faithful and keep going.

I wish you well.
Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:27am On Aug 28, 2022
AOresources:
Day 1
August 23
August 24
August 25
August 26
August 27
August 28

You might have to lose some friends because the values no longer align, all in all, be faithful and keep going.

I wish you well
Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:31am On Aug 28, 2022
Jakumo:

This reminds me of a funny quote I heard many moons ago. " Reality is a crutch for those who are too cowardly to face drugs".

On a serious note, exercise is the bridge to sobriety regardless of what the addiction might have been. Exercise will produce DOPAMINE in the human body naturally, and thereby replace the artificially raised dopamine levels in the blood brought about by drug use.

Dopamine is of course the "feel good" secretion that is naturally produced within the human body. When dopamine levels are artificially raised in the body by drug use, the body's capacity to produce natural dopamine is diminished, which is why addicts feel depressed when they quit using drugs. The key, therefore, is to utilize exercise to accelerate the body's healing process whereby natural dopamine is generated as it should be in the body.
You've made a great and valid point there.

In addition, some need something to substitute the act, for example, I write a lot and I'm exploring the option of going into the tech world.

The substitute mustn't be another brain damaging act, something productive will do.
Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 28, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

August 27?
August 28?

I wish you well.
Bro i relapsed, I'll try again and this time i'll avoid my weed smoking freinds. Thanks for the support

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by AOresources: 2:58am On Aug 28, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

August 23
August 24
August 25
August 26
August 27
August 28

I wish you well

Thanks..been offline for these days

August 23- √
August 24 -√
August 25 -√
August 26 - i culdnt keep up. I smoked a little for the urge
August 27 - √
August 28

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

And it's Day 42.......

I've been in the wilderness of loss for 11 days, steadily I'm finding my feet.

I didn't relapsed though, I had hardluck with some of the money moves I made that was why I lay low.

Wavvyyyyy don't forget the email I replied to, I still believe you would come out strong.

I’m So sorry about that, and I pray God will help you find your feet sooner than you thought. I’ve been worried about you and I’m glad I got a response from you today.

I’m glad you didn’t let what happened to you make you crawl back to weeding.

I relapsed when you were away, but today will make it day 6.. fall 8 times, get up 9..

I will check it now and reply. Happy Sunday man. God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2022
AOresources:

Thanks..been offline for these days

August 23- √
August 24 -√
August 25 -√
August 26 - i culdnt keep up. I smoked a little for the urge
August 27 - √
August 28

That’s progress, you only smoked once in 5 days now and it will get better overtime. We shall emerge victorious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2022
Omasanbuwa:

Bro i relapsed, I'll try again and this time i'll avoid my weed smoking freinds. Thanks for the support

Avoiding friends that you smoke with will really help, the times I had relapsed are when I’m with friends, I won’t know how to say no when I’m being offered a joint, we were supposed to meet yesterday but I avoided meeting them and I’ll do so today too.

I will be your accountability partner and check on you. Don’t be too hard on yourself when you relapse. Together we can beat this habit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

Avoiding friends that you smoke with will really help, the times I had relapsed are when I’m with friends, I won’t know how to say no when I’m being offered a joint, we were supposed to meet yesterday but I avoided meeting them and I’ll do so today too.

I will be your accountability partner and check on you. Don’t be too hard on yourself when you relapse. Together we can beat this habit.
Sure we can. care to share your reasons for kicking the habit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

I’m So sorry about that, and I pray God will help you find your feet sooner than you thought. I’ve been worried about you and I’m glad I got a response from you today.

I’m glad you didn’t let what happened to you make you crawl back to weeding.

I relapsed when you were away, but today will make it day 6.. fall 8 times, get up 9..

I will check it now and reply. Happy Sunday man. God bless.
I saw it and I wasn't happy but then growth is not a one day thing, you fall 8 times and get up 9, slow and steady we will overcome this demon...

1 Like

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Wavvyyyyy:

Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Marijuana Quiting Thread by Wavvyyyyy: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2022
Omasanbuwa:

Sure we can. care to share your reasons for kicking the habit?

Low self esteem, not feeling motivated to do tasks , loss of memory

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ogun State Tackles Maternal Mortality, Distribute Tricycle Ambulances / Where Can I Get MDMA (ecstacy) Pills In Nigeria / Local Plants For Piles Treatment Identified

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.