Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,255 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:41 AM

Share Your Unemployment Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Unemployment Experience (19767 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Threesha(f): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2022
flatscreen:
Where in lagos are you? Am in interested.
send me a DM let me see if I can help you
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Cuteimma1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
I don tire... Anyone with vacant opportunity please I am in need of a job. I reside in ibadan... Mech eng graduate

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Rubyjade: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
It is not necessary to start your first job in the ideal company or in the ideal role.

That is, however, how you get "in the game."

When you get in, the real work begins.

Make a point of working hard, impressing the right people (decision-makers), and continuing to show up.

Even if you are undervalued in that role, you now have the knowledge and experience (as well as some cash) to negotiate your next move(s).

Life is like a chess game. To win, you must make many more moves after the first one. There's a lot you don't know when you first start. However, the payoff is usually well worth it.

As a result, where you begin does not necessarily determine where you will end up.

Only you have the power to decide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by DevilsEqual(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kola5281:
A lot has really happened to me on this unemployment wahala since i finished service last year. I initially got a job as a credit officer in a microfinance bank, omooo i won diee for that work cos i didn't know it entails me walking around the whole state just to get customers to take loan and if i didn't meet stipulated target, my salary might get delayed. 2 month into the job, i had already had to resign cos of the hazard the job posed, imagine a young guy like me harassing a 70yr old men & women cos of default, it even got to the point I had accident but God saved me shaa, naso i leave the work ooo. 5 months later after sapa nearly killed me, i got another job in a Medical Lab working as a laboratory officer, i worked there for 6 months and i had to resign this month cos the pay was small and my employer wasn't ready to increase it, imagine graduate collecting 20K monthly ooo , i enjoyed the job just that the money can't solve anything at all, i had to accept the job cos i didn't wanted to sit at home doing nothing but the pay was too small...Now I'm currently searching for job, i have a BSc in Microbiology and i don't mind working anywhere as far as the pay is okay...my Phone number is 07043010958. smiley

Omg...bro, have u gotten any now?
i`ll DM you on whatsapp before the end of the day
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kola5281(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
DevilsEqual:

Omg...bro, have u gotten any now?
i`ll DM you on whatsapp before the end of the day

I've not gotten any sir and I'll be looking forward to your message sir...Thanks a lot.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kola5281(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
dboY1123:

Just done with service in July this month.. Trying to get a decent job, I studied Chemistry Education.. I need someone who can suggest the different kinds of jobs I can apply for

Just apply any job you feel you're capable to do...i read microbiology but Nigeria and unemployment ish turned me to an accountant at some point...just apply anything you can do bro and i wish you success in your career endeavor.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Emeka71(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
QuinModah:
Yes
OK My E-mail is emi_739@yahoo.co.uk and I shall be looking forward to a communication.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Moshebolatan: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2022
[qeuote author=Threesha post=114956520] what's your experience and qualifications [/quote]
B.A( Ed) English education
NCE Theatre arts/ English

My job experiences are mostly teaching,
OGBC(internship), poultry farming

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by PSVITA(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Good Morning Sir. My name is Rafael. I am a 29 year old young man. Sir, I wish to kindly appeal to your kind hearted benevolence towards securing a job. I graduated since 2017 with a good result from Ebonyi State University and have not been able to secure any gainful employment. I have done all manner of jobs including bricklaying just to survive for the last five years. Sir, I beg you in the name of God to kindly help me in whatever way you can to get placement in any establishment. Am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria, Thank you and God bless you Sir. You can contact me via 08082214944

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Ujunwa02(f): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2022
Which department did you graduate from?

Good Morning Sir. My name is Rafael. I am a 29 year old young man. Sir, I wish to kindly appeal to your kind hearted benevolence towards securing a job. I graduated since 2017 with a good result from Ebonyi State University and have not been able to secure any gainful employment. I have done all manner of jobs including bricklaying just to survive for the last five years. Sir, I beg you in the name of God to kindly help me in whatever way you can to get placement in any establishment. Am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria, Thank you and God bless you Sir. You can contact me via 08082214944[/quote]
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by SMJay: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
wink

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by QuinModah(f): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2022
lavylilly:
Explain
Go and do one and confirm it
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by SMJay: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Start from where you are but some states in Nigeria have no jobs, even if there is a job the pay is nothing to write home about.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Threesha(f): 6:30am On Sep 11, 2022
SMJay:
Start from where you are but some states in Nigeria have no jobs, even if there is a job the pay is nothing to write home about.
True
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by emmaodet: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2022
Ezemann:
I guess those living in Lagos have an advantage over those in other states. Akwa ibom state has been the worst hit with regards to unemployment. In uyo, the only job you can do is to be a private school teacher with as low as 15k monthly. After service in 2018, I worked in a private school on a pay of 16k. It couldn't do anything. So I resigned after a year and six months. I rode keke in town for about 3 years...till I got tired. I put it aside. I want to learn a skill. Akwa is the worst. Life generally is hard.

I think Lagos and Ogun state.
Ogun state have the highest number of industries/companies in nigeria.
Many people who come for NYSC do get jobs here.
It is easy to get 40-70k jobs depending on certificate and experience along the industrial areas - Sango/Otta axiz, Mowe/Ibafo axis, Agbara axis, Odo nguysan/Ogijo axis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by emmaodet: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2022
Emmafly:
Dear readers,
This thread have actually caught my utmost attention.
To me agriculture is the only way out.
I am yet to see a comment that has given a way out of the oppression unemployment has caused.
People must eat whether unemployed or not.
Do agriculture. Learn agric. Think agriculture.
Doesn't need your CV before it employs you.
Just be proud of it by being shameless and it will pay you bountifully.
I learnt a lot of my agriculture from nairaland and YouTube.
Talking from experience. Left my job since 2016 and am grateful for coming this far.
Urban agriculture is the best paying job so far for any unemployed person.
Look for an empty piece of land near you and plant something you know people eat daily. Eg vegetables. And in one month you have overcome the unemployment monster.
It will only cost you your labour, time, a sachet of paracetamol, a few seeds and some cheap pesticides. It's a 5x return which no employer will pay. The more you give the 5x you receive.
The market are the people around you that are ashamed of being dirty so don't be afraid of how to sell. People must eat. And once you are within the urban, you will be highly patronized cos your crops are fresh and first hand.
I do not call myself a farmer, I call myself an agriculturist. It's the new face of farming. It's the new unseen employer.
People are ashamed to farm because it looks dirty and hard but so is a gold mine, always looking dirty. While those that love the shame are cashing out.
Overlook the shame and become an Agricultural role model in months to come.
Thanks for your time.

Thanks very much sir.
I think the major reason why people don't fancy agriculture is the low return on investment.
Graduates like to work in office with a tie and AC blowing them. If possible with an official car and a driver.
A graduate who got employed and works with Mobil will quickly buy a car, rent a nice apartment and furnish it while the other one is still in the farm sweating, struggling for low yield and profit.

Also, the farmers are not helping matters. When you see the average farmer in town, he looks very stressed, not well dressed and in most cases using a rickety about-to-break down car.
So that picture doesn't encourage the upcoming to want to branch into such sector when they see their mates looking more fresh, with nice cars and apartment in other sectors.
The agaric sector will have to do more in it's appearance and presentation if they really want the youth to move to such sector.

There are many sections of life that are/we suffer this faith too.
There is a reason the present day youths don't fancy church/religion too.
Over the years, they have seen their parents pray fervently, fast, do night vigils, go prayer mountains etc yet living in abject poverty and you are now forcing the youth to follow such line again?

Just my observation.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by QuinModah(f): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2022
emmaodet:

Thanks very much sir.
I think the major reason why people don't fancy agriculture is the low return on investment.
Graduates like to work in office with a tie and AC blowing them. If possible with an official car and a driver.
A graduate who got employed and works with Mobil will quickly buy a car, rent a nice apartment and furnish it while the other one is still in the farm sweating, struggling for low yield and profit.

Also, the farmers are not helping matters. When you see the average farmer in town, he looks very stressed, not well dressed and in most cases using a rickety about-to-break down car.
So that picture doesn't encourage the upcoming to want to branch into such sector when they see their mates looking more fresh, with nice cars and apartment in other sectors.
The agaric sector will have to do more in it's appearance and presentation if they really want the youth to move to such sector.

There are many sections of life that are/we suffer this faith too.
There is a reason the present day youths don't fancy church/religion too.
Over the years, they have seen their parents pray fervently, fast, do night vigils, go prayer mountains etc yet living in abject poverty and you are now forcing the youth to follow such line again?

Just my observation.
The have seen that it's not working. Imagine all prayer cities or church camps are factories in Nigeria, do you think unemployment would be high?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by gwininfo(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
It isn't easy oooo
I have been job hunting for the past 3 months, I graduated from UNIBEN, studied business administration. I have a CFA certificate on fmva, bida.
I am trusting God on which to choose between a graduate trainee role with access bank, UBA bank and a field job with MTN Nigeria.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please, I'm in dire need of a job,
I'm a B.Sc holder of Microbiology.
I have previously worked in a medical laboratory and don't mind taking new roles as I learn very fast.
Currently in Delta state but don't mind relocating.
Someone please link me up.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by emmaodet: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
QuinModah:
The have seen that it's not working. Imagine all prayer cities or church camps are factories in Nigeria, do you think unemployment would be high?

Hmmmmmm

You have a point though

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by IOOlawoore: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello house, mine is not really an unemployment experience but an unfulfilled employment experience.
If your heart desire is a[b] quality, flexible and well-paid job[/b], you may want to check the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7338485/kingdom-unemployment-poverty-depopulation
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Oyindamolah: 12:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Post-NYSC depression is real. Speak out. Talk to your friends. Volunteer. Attend workshops and seminars. Recommendations are better than 1000 carefully-written CVs
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by QuinModah(f): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2022
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmm

You have a point though
China is the industrial Nation of the world, they produced everything and anything you need. Do they have churches like Nigerian?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by emmaodet: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2022
QuinModah:
China is the industrial Nation of the world, they produced everything and anything you need. Do they have churches like Nigerian?

No they don’t have churches like us.
I understand you very well

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by SMJay: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
wink
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Viccur(m): 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lost mine in August and it's not funny at all. I'm really depressed.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by RealPMer(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
There are hardly any vacancies in Sango

I think Lagos and Ogun state.
Ogun state have the highest number of industries/companies in nigeria.
Many people who come for NYSC do get jobs here.
It is easy to get 40-70k jobs depending on certificate and experience along the industrial areas - Sango/Otta axiz, Mowe/Ibafo axis, Agbara axis, Odo nguysan/Ogijo axis[/quote]
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Hamachi(f): 6:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Viccur:
Lost mine in August and it's not funny at all. I'm really depressed.
Have you gotten a job?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Fab21: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2023
It's crazy Experience...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Viccur(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2023
Hamachi:
Have you gotten a job?
Got one but I left after 4months. The pay was meagre.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Job In Lagos For N55,000 Or A Job In Abuja For N70,000 For A Lagos Resident? / What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? / MTN TEST ( Sales Representative)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.