Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng (7246 Views)

a nairalander just won free ticket to Seyi Law's fast and funny show / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Big Brother Africa: How Multichoice/dstv Is Under-developing Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by harpo(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
I don't blame DSTV its Frank Nweke Jr. and Tonyin subair (HiTV) that has caused all this nonsense, instead of Frank to do the right thing by bringing good and healthy competition to bring about fair pricing they decided to come up with a stupid move all in the bid to revolutionize football viewership and change of power from the South Africans to Nigerian, but we all know what happened.

Where is HITV now, DTSV will just be laughing at us and be doing what ever they like and the government will not say jack, but try it in their country
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
odiaero:

Man , it is not their fault it happens,  the weather needs to be clear to allow the Satelite above the Earth in the East to connect and send signal to your dish on earth, the rain cloud disrupts the satelite signals from connecting to your dish, that is why u experience that when ever it rains, just a simple Physics

Noted. av always known this actually to be honest.

chuckdee4:

If u have an invention that stops the rain and heavy clouds from interfering with the satellite transmissions then go and open your own company.

The very same thing happens here because there is no way of stopping the interferance caused by the rain (Its a standard problem), its got nothing to do with UK/Naija. We should even be the ones complaining because the rains here are nothing compared to the monsoon's you get in Nigeria.

well, i am located in PH and the rains here are unpredictable (4get rainy and dry season). All i want is value for my cash. there should be a way in which DSTV will compensate us for those down times. i guess u in UK definitely have real value for what u pay for. Those guys here are merciless. i have once experience a situation whereby for a whole week the the decoder was down and by the end of the month when the skies were cleared i needed to pay again (and i did pay) to enjoy but alas the rain came back for another 2-3days. Why haven't they started pay-as u -watch till date? the lack of real competition in this sector is really killing us here.

so far i dont have any inventions of mine to stop this but it doesnt invalidate my question.
Are there no gadgets or improvements presently known to man that can alleviate or even eradicate such?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
euphoria:

@ Odiaro I disagree with you, If I misplace my cheque book, I should be able to tell my bank in writing to transfer the funds in my account to my brother's account, then the funds become accessible using my brother's cheque book, it's as simple as that!!!

That is lame when u twist the answer, let me ask u this, can u tell the PHCN to transfer ur credit on you meter bill to ur brother's meter just because ur was stolen? or can u tell Something like MTN to transfer ur Internet bill to ur brother's own just because your devices was stolen? Hell no, , let think b4 with wirte
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by ZE: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
Demdem:

i just av a simple and serious issue with this guys. anytime it rains or serious weather changes, the decoder stops. that shouldnt be undecided

DSTV transmit signals using KU-BAND, KU-BAND signals is usually affected by atmospheric conditions(in this instance - rain)

The Ku frequency is designated solely for communications use via satellite. That means no competition or signal interference from other communications systems.

Typically, the Ku band operates at a higher frequency (11.7 - 12.2Ghz) for downlinks and (14.0 - 14.5Ghz) for uplinks. This higher frequency produces a signal with a shorter wavelength that's more powerful and focused.

Usually all that's needed is a 1.2 or 1.8 meter dish for most locations.

Consequently, the ku-band is excellent in delivering spot beam coverage from the satellite. The downside is the service coverage area is not as broad as C-band. Additionally, the higher frequency spectrum of Ku band operation makes this service more likely to be affected (usually from atmospheric conditions) by signal degradation than C-band satellite service.

Ku-band satellite equipment costs about half as much as C-band equipment. Also, because Ku service utilizes more powerful transponders on the satellite for operation, bandwidth capacity is more expensive which means that ku band service packages generally cost more.

In summary: there is nothing they can do about it, that's how the technology is designed. During heavy rains you will definitely notice signal degradation.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^ thanks for ur exposition. i appreciate it.
Whats ur take about compensation? dont u think we deserve to be compensated somehow or they stick to pay as u watch?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Bawss1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
^Rivers man, always looking for compensation. grin

So Multichoice should compensate its subscribers who use Ku-band dishes anytime it rains. Amazing.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^^^^
grin grin grin abegiii, i no be Rivers man ooo. i only reside there. what is wrong with pay as u watch? that will solve a lot of these problems nah undecided
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by bodejohn(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
So many funny analogies, i forgot for a moment that i wasn't in the jokes section.

Back to the issue, I do not expect the people who do business in Nigeria to be friendly to Nigerians.
Before you ask why, the cost of doing business in Nigeria is high and to make it worst skyrocketing everyday.
There was a time that MAN published that the cost of making a kilometer of road in Nigeria is the highest in the world.
I will not put the sole blame on the government alone but to drive the cost of production and service delivery down in Nigeria we will need more than calling some people bloody whatever.

If i can recollect very well, was it not a Nigerian company, HITV, that jacked the rights payment to EPL up before they were eventually consumed by what they created? When HITV has the rights to the premiership, what did they do to CTL and viewing centers?

We need to bring down the cost of doing business in Nigeria down before we can think of affordable and qualitative service delivery.

For the guy who would like to watch satellite TV without been disturbed by the weather,
Get a big dish, preferably a 2.4m or 3.0m, call a technician to direct it at Pas 7/10 C band.
You will received the dstv signals and you should be ready to pay them in South African Rands.
This will not completely remove the weather interruptions but at least it will be reduced to less than 5%.
God will however have mercy on you when your landlord comes calling with your rent if you do not already have a building of your own.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
bodejohn:

For the guy who would like to watch satellite TV without been disturbed by the weather,
Get a big dish, preferably a 2.4m or 3.0m, call a technician to direct it at Pas 7/10 C band.
You will received the dstv signals and you should be ready to pay them in South African Rands.
This will not completely remove the weather interruptions but at least it will be reduced to less than 5%.
God will however have mercy on you when your landlord comes calling with your rent if you do not already have a building of your own.

For those three reasons bro, it doesnt worth it. let them give us pay as you watch.
MTN once told us that it will take them yrs to give us pay by sec however as soon as Glo came on board the story changed.
DSTV, give us pay as you watch. is it too much to ask or is there something about this that i still dont know undecided
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
DSTV comes with loads of crap channels i will never watch, if they can introduce a credit based system wud be cool

so they can give sony max like 3 credit, nta 1 credit, discovery 4 credit, nat geo 2 credit
so i can pay for what i watch, who can watch 60 channels at same time?

while watching what was recorded, you are missing on the live channels so the pvr doesn't make sense.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^

My tots and desire exactly. i await that day.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by seunlayi(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2011
Muilti-choice is insensitive but our Governments allowed it. Another stage of colonization. grin grin grin
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by ochiaha1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
Bawss1:

I'm amazed at the clownish things being said here. It seems people are just looking for a reason to hate on SA. All the issues raised here are non-starters or lame.

Which birthright is this one talking about?

Feel free to start your own TV company.

(/quote]

@Bawss1, I think you are a South-African, thats why you are so vociferous in your defence of Multi-Choice. Someone told me your Zulu name is, 'BUTHULEZI'  grin
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by forkadict(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
Funny (Clowns) Nigerians.

When airtel sacked about 3000 members of staff of their company, Nigerians screamed BLOODY INDIANS THIS, BLOODY INDIANS THAT BLA BLA BLA.

Now Multichoice insists on due process, again nigerians are screaming BLOODY SOUTH AFRICANS THIS, BLOODY SOUTH AFRICANS THAT,

Common Peeps.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by saveall: 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
this is so wrong,when the decoder was stolen at least the card is a prove to show payment you have made,this SA are making Nigerians like fools do you know they also own Mtn network that blocked international users from sending messages to their networks.how government is just the problem cause when they are given money they turn zombies.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by twinskenny(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP

though dstv have there short coming but what u are requesting for is not going to happen, since your brother decoder is not in your name. you cant do the transfer.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by engrddebo: 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
go for startimes!!!!!!
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by kuntash: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
I hope d shouts of Airtel staff didn't fall on deaf ears,

so many comments here dey make me laugh. whether dstv get right to swagger tv market for naija or not o, one day one day, we go redefine am, na just time.

the fact that u r fumbling in a corrupt country doesn't make a player in it d best. in my own view hitv n dstv self na gimmick , just as it was with d fuel stations during d scarcity, " u sell dis week , we sell d other week while they sell d upper week "

in all these things, level go redefine itself.

I will loose nothing, I mean NATIN, thrashing my dstv receiver, what about u ? THINK !
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Bawss1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
@Bawss1, I think you are a South-African, thats why you are so vociferous in your defence of Multi-Choice. Someone told me your Zulu name is, 'BUTHULEZI'
cheesy cheesy
grin The nairaland effect eh? Just take a stand for something and people will quickly label you as ACN, South African or an enemy of progress. grin cheesy
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Imoga1: 12:03am On Oct 16, 2011
let our looters start using their loot to develop the nation instead ofdeveloping others?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
illiteracy is an incurable disease

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teen Wolf Season 5 / Download Game Of Thrones S08 E04 (the Mountain And The Viper) / Best 3 And Worst 3 Seasonal Movie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.