Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,332 members, 7,940,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

On Flutterwave Suspended Virtual Card Service - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / On Flutterwave Suspended Virtual Card Service (487 Views)

What Virtual Card Did You Use For Twitter Subscription? / Top Crypto Virtual Card Questions and Answers / Help!! Can I Withdraw Ffrom My Paypal To My Barter Flutterwave Virtual Card ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Flutterwave Suspended Virtual Card Service by GeorgesDiary(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
Many banking and fintech apps issuing virtual dollar cards were built based on Flutterwave's White labelled virtual card service through API calls. The implication was going to be huge, it meant all of these services would be dead if Flutterwave stops offering virtual card services.

On July 16, Barter, a brand of Flutterwave suspended all virtual card services after announcing it previous days before. Many startups in Nigeria, Rwanda, Uganda and parts of other Africa have been affected as they also issued notices that Virtual Card services are suspended indefinitely. It's worthy to note that this suspension wasn't based on any restriction from Central Bank of Nigeria or any other regulatory body.

This has thrown a lot of customers and businesses who depend on it to overcome the CBN drawbacks of making dollar transactions in disarray. In Nigeria, CBN has limited debit cards from making dollar transactions. Most banks offer only as low as $20 transactions monthly while GTBank offers $100 transactions monthly.

With Flutterwave suspending the virtual card service indefinitely, business owners will have to go through all manner of stress to find ways to pass through the difficulties created by the Central Bank of Nigeria and other restrictions across Africa.

This is coming amidst the crisis Flutterwave is facing after it came to the spotlight with shocking revelations from David Hundeyin, published April 12 in West Africa Weekly, a Substack newsletter by David Hundeyin.

A Kenyan court has also frozen more than $40m in accounts belonging to Flutterwave under the country's anti-money laundering. Flutterwave gave reasons for suspending the virtual card service as “...an update from the company’s card partner”. We don't know if this is connected to the crisis Flutterwave is currently facing.

Re: On Flutterwave Suspended Virtual Card Service by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
GeorgesDiary:
Many banking and fintech apps issuing virtual dollar cards were built based on Flutterwave's White labelled virtual card service through API calls. The implication was going to be huge, it meant all of these services would be dead if Flutterwave stops offering virtual card services.

On July 16, Barter, a brand of Flutterwave suspended all virtual card services after announcing it previous days before. Many startups in Nigeria, Rwanda, Uganda and parts of other Africa have been affected as they also issued notices that Virtual Card services are suspended indefinitely. It's worthy to note that this suspension wasn't based on any restriction from Central Bank of Nigeria or any other regulatory body.

This has thrown a lot of customers and businesses who depend on it to overcome the CBN drawbacks of making dollar transactions in disarray. In Nigeria, CBN has limited debit cards from making dollar transactions. Most banks offer only as low as $20 transactions monthly while GTBank offers $100 transactions monthly.

With Flutterwave suspending the virtual card service indefinitely, business owners will have to go through all manner of stress to find ways to pass through the difficulties created by the Central Bank of Nigeria and other restrictions across Africa.

This is coming amidst the crisis Flutterwave is facing after it came to the spotlight with shocking revelations from David Hundeyin, published April 12 in West Africa Weekly, a Substack newsletter by David Hundeyin.

A Kenyan court has also frozen more than $40m in accounts belonging to Flutterwave under the country's anti-money laundering. Flutterwave gave reasons for suspending the virtual card service as “...an update from the company’s card partner”. We don't know if this is connected to the crisis Flutterwave is currently facing.

Thank God union bank Mastercard had been faithful to me..that place is strong and powerful

Re: On Flutterwave Suspended Virtual Card Service by JesseThunder(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
Whats the linit for this card? And how can I get one?
HRHQueenPhil:

Thank God union bank Mastercard had been faithful to me..that place is strong and powerful

(1) (Reply)

Iphone XR 128GB White Available -Sold / New Airpod Pro | All Accessories No Box | / Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga X360 | I7-6600u 2.6ghz | 512/8GB | 14" QHD | Touchscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.