Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,809 members, 7,886,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:27 AM

How I First Met Vivian [episode 6] -- Romance Series - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I First Met Vivian [episode 6] -- Romance Series (187 Views)

How I First Met Vivian [episode 4] -- Romance Series / If You Had To Marry Your Partner Where You First Met, Where Would It Be? / Etinosa Vivian: My Sugar Daddy Took Me To Dubai & Spent Millions On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I First Met Vivian [episode 6] -- Romance Series by globalbuzz(m): 10:39am On Jul 19, 2022
[Continued]..."Okay!" She blurted out plainly in a surrendering tone with a deep sigh before collecting the money from him. She was about turning to leave when she turned back to give him a last look. "Am grateful Christian... I truly am" she said courteously with a shy smile on her face and got out of his car before he even had the chance to mutter a word in response.
'Woa... She just said my name' Christian mumbled triumphantly under his breath as he watched her jog off hastily under the rain towards her house entrance moments before one of her sisters came out to give her a warm embrace.
Then he let out a comforting smile and shook his head amusingly before starting his car - driving off speedily back home.

AS VIVIAN entered the house, she noticed that the rain was slowly dripping down the leakage from their roof in the corridor.
"Jenny... Not this time again. Go and get the bucket and drop it over there" Vivian said instructively with her left hand pointing aimlessly at the corridor direction as she walked sluggishly into the palour - shivering lightly from the cold caused by her dampened clothes after running under the rain.
"Okay... Let me do it" Jenny replied quickly and jogged off to get the bucket - placing it under the leakage like her elder sister had instructed.
"Did you buy any snacks on your way back" Jenny asked, grinning widely as she ran back to meet Vivian.
"No dear... I couldn't because of the rain" Vivian said consolingly with a warm smile as she gently rubbed Jenny's head. That was all her sister needed to know; after all, there was no use explaining all the events that unfolded on her way back!
"Where's your sister?" Vivian asked curiously before swaying her eyes about the palour when she didn't see Cynthia.
"She is fast asleep... I couldn't sleep until you got back." Jenny replied softly in a hushed voice.
Then Vivian placed her right palm underneath Jenny's chin and lifted her head slowly so their eyes could meet. "That was so thoughtful of you... But now am back. Go to bed so you can wake up early for school ehn... I'll go change into something dry and warm. Goodnight" she said teasingly to her sister in a low voice with a wide grin on her face that brought out a broad smile on Jenny's face.
"Okay... Goodnight" Jenny said heartily and gave Vivian a brief hug before running into her room.

Vivian laid motionlessly on her bed moments later after changing into something dry and warm - staring blankly at her ceiling as thoughts of tonight's encounter with Christian trickled into her mind. There was something strange about the way she was feeling now, she could hardly explain it; The smile on her face! The tingling butterfly feeling in her tummy when his image flashed into her mind - that could only mean one thing!
'No!... I can't fall for him because he offered me help' she groaned confusingly as she turned to her side - adjusting her pillow frustratingly underneath her left cheek.
Earlier before Vivian laid on her bed, she had counted the money and realized that Christian gave her #10,000 - almost close to her #13,000 monthly salary from the pub she was working at.
There was no doubt in her mind that he was from a rich background - I mean, the manner at which he gave it spoke alot about his family financial status!
Then her eyes closed suddenly in exhaustion as she finally drifted off to sleep.

"I MEAN it... I truly love you" Christian said affectionately as he stood in front of Vivian who was wearing a black gown and a silver high heeled shoe. She was pretty - even more with her enchanting smile as she stood gazing at him. Then she moved slowly towards him - cupping his right cheek with her left hand and slowly began to lean her lips closely to his...
"Christian!... Christian!.. don't you have lectures today?" Was the loud alarming voice of his mom - waking him up from his blissful dream; one he wished had never ended!.
Then he clenched his fist tightly in frustration before raising himself up on his bed to a sitting position.
'how on earth did she enter my room?!' Christian cursed bitterly in his mind when he noticed his mom standing in front of his room entrance with the door opened widely while her left hand held firmly on the handle.
"Morning mom... I've heard you, I'll be out shortly.." he replied calmly - trying to force a relaxed smile.
"You better do ... Else I'll be back again" His mom replied threateningly in a playful voice before closing his room door as she went away.
'what kind of dream was that?... And when did Vivian start wearing gowns?' Christian thought amusingly to himself and rolled off the thick duvet over his body as he got out of bed - walking sluggishly into the bathroom in his room to get ready for school.
Few minutes later, Christian grabbed his car keys and jogged out of his room fully dressed in a black T-shirt and a creamed coloured trousers.
He was about reaching the palour door when his mom called out loudly to him from the dining where she sat having breakfast. "Aren't you even going to have breakfast, atleast before you run off to school?!"
"Sorry mom... I doubt I will. See you when am back" Christian replied quickly to his mom with a loud voice without turning to look at her as he approached the palour door - slamming it hastily behind him before walking towards his car.

Although he wanted to meet up in time for his lectures; he was also yearning to see Vivian again - for reasons he couldn't explain! But if his dream was a sign, then it meant he has something for her - a feeling he could hardly justify.
Moments after arriving at the school; Christian walked briskly In the large corridor towards his locker when he noticed Vivian ahead - she was taking out some books from her locker. Like her typical self, she was wearing a grey coloured t-shirt on a green camouflage baggy trouser with her school bag hung comfortably on her shoulders...
Christian couldn't help himself but fix his gaze admirably at her as he hastened his steps towards her; if he needed to talk to her, it had to be now before the lecture bell rings!.
"Vivian hey..." Christian said cowardly as he approached her - halting his steps instantly in front of her locker. "Urrm... You look good" he stuttered awkwardly with a light chuckle while clenching his left fist shyly before dipping his hand into his pocket to hide the fist as she slowly turned to face him. He could hardly explain why he felt so drawn to her - from all the girls in Berkeley, why her?!
"Oh... hi Christian. Thanks for the compliment" Vivian said calmly with a light smirk on her face. Then suddenly, as if remembering something; she plunged her right hand into her pocket and brought out a portable phone. "I bought this phone on my way to school with the money you gave me last night" she said, grinning widely while her right arm stretched lightly to him with the phone in her hand.

"Oh really... Let me have a look" Christian replied startlingly in a tone that sounded surprised before collecting it from her. Then he dialed his number on her phone until it rang before ending the call.
"What are you doing?" Vivian asked inquisitively while giving him a questioning gaze.
"Urmm. Nothing... Just trying to get your number" Christian replied jokingly in a playful tone as he handed over the phone to her.
So she shook her head at him in a brief manner before her lips parted to speak. "If I had known that was your intention, I wouldn't have given it to you" Vivian said, chuckling amusingly at him as she spoke.
The mere sight of seeing Vivian laughing got his tongue tied - he could barely say a word now in response as all he could do was stare puzzlingly at her.
Then Vivian's wide grin finally faded when she noticed how speechless he was. 'can't he tell when someone is joking?!' she thought embarrassingly to herself as she adjusted her stance in front of him.
"Hey!... What's wrong? You're quiet all of a sudden, Is it because of what I said?... Because if it is, I didn't mean it that way... I was actually..."
"No no... no... don't bother explaining yourself. You've done nothing wrong" Christian interrupted Immediately in a stammering voice.
"Then why give me that blank look?" Vivian said calmly to him with a disappointing frown on her face before returning the phone back into her trouser pocket.
"It's just... I didn't know this other side of you existed. I mean, the happy side! Watching you crack a joke was seriously mind blowing... Who would have thought that the bossy Vivian can tell a joke" Christian replied teasingly before letting out a brief laugh.
Vivian found his response amusing; More so, it had an effect on her as she found herself blushing in front of him.
'Girl!... Get a hold of yourself and stop smiling sheepishly' her mind chorused continously as she leveled her gaze on his.

"I'll pretend like I didn't hear that" Vivian said jokingly with a friendly smile on her face.
"I mean it o, it's the truth" Christian said with a shrug of his shoulder and a wide grin on his face. "So what do you say... Can we be friends?" He inquired gleefully while extending his right hand forward for a handshake.
'How didn't I see this coming! He's got me in a fix now' Vivian thought to herself with her left leg wiggling gently in a pondering manner.
"Fine!... But just friends" Vivian blurted out in a surrendering tone before shaking his warm soft palm that sent quick tingling sensations all over her body.
"Yeah... Sure!" Christian replied cheerfully with his heart beating heavily as he held onto her right palm - savouring it's softness. For a brief moment their eyes remained fixed on eachother's - unable to let go of their handshake for they were in the moment! with their minds running wild in wishful fantasies - yearning for something more with themselves than just a mere friendship...
"Finally Viv... Better than being rude to the new guy" Tessy's light chuckling voice rang out suddenly behind Vivian - bringing them back to reality as she approached before wrapping her right arm playfully around Vivian's neck.
"Hello Christian" Tessy concluded; grinning widely at him.

The mere sound of Tessy's voice brought Christian back to his senses from whatever was going on in his mind; retreating his hand awkwardly from his handshake with Vivian before turning his gaze at Tessy and waved briefly at her. "Tes...morning Tessy. Good to see you" he replied, stuttering lightly as he spoke. As for Vivian, she was a bit embarrassed to have been so lost in her handshake with Christian that she barely even noticed or hear her friend's footstep approach behind her...
Just few minutes after Christian's response to Tessy, the lecture bell rang loudly accross the corridor - giving him a refreshing feeling since he desperately wanted to leave their midst; especially from Tessy! As he was somewhat uncomfortable whenever he was around her...
"So errm... I'll see you both after lectures today" Christian said teasingly with a wide smile and gave them a quick glance before turning around to leave.
Although Vivian told Christian that they could be just friends, but after her close contact with him - the handshake! It ignited something in her; like a sudden feeling of desire for him.
In all her teenage or present youthful age, she'd never been in love with someone - let alone be attracted to someone! If anyone could explain how she felt right now, it had to be her best friend Tessy and she was itching to tell Tessy everything that happened to her last night; her encounter with Christian, his kind gesture and her current feeling for him.

So she turned immediately - beaming with smiles as she faced her friend Tessy who was still staring at Christian who was far away.
Then Vivian dipped her right hand into her pocket to reach for her new phone so she could explain and show it to Tessy.
"Tes... I want to show you somet..."
"Gosh Viv! He's so handsome... Do you know we almost kissed yesterday when he dropped me off?" Tessy interrupted mindlessly in a lustful voice with her eyes still fixed at Christian's direction before finally looking at Vivian - seeing that Christian was now out of sight.
Vivian's eyes widened shockingly with her smile gradually dwindling after hearing Tessy's unconscious response; she could barely balance her staggering stance as she suddenly felt faint - her heart ached in frustrating disappointment for Christian.
'What was I thinking... I should have known. He wants to probably swindle me with his money just like he's trying to do with Tessy' Vivian groaned bitterly in her mind as she stood facing Tessy who's lips were parting to speak.
"Oh dear... Sorry for cutting you Viv. You said you wanted to tell me something?" Tessy replied courteously as she inquired. But Vivian saw no use in telling her friend again for she had lost the excitement - there was nothing special about it anymore!
So she left the phone back in her pocket and removed her hand. "Urrm... No nothing. It's nothing actually. Just wanted to tell you I was sorry for riding off like that yesterday - I had something to catch up with" Vivian lied - forcing a grin on her face as she replied to Tessy's Inquisition. "Come... Let's go to class" Vivian concluded, pulling Tessy gently by her right hand before she could even mutter a word in response as they began walking towards their class

Christian sat leisurely in his class later that day after his lectures were over. He found it almost difficult paying absolute attention to his lecturers whenever they were talking as his mind will always drift off to think of Vivian...
Then he pulled out his phone and went through his call logs before dialing Vivian's number.
'what do I say to her if she answers?... is it even ideal to call her few hours after getting her number?' his mind troubled confusingly as he pressed his phone against his left ear when her number began to ring.
"Hello, please who's this?" Vivian's voice rang out politely over the phone - giving him the nervous feeling as his lips parted to speak...[To Be Continued]

Let me know your reactions after reading this episode.

Visit Author Ceesong page on Facebook for more episodes: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCeesongRomanceStories

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Perfect Lady. Myth Or Truth? / Netnaija Users Promo / Pls Who Can Give Me Hotel Work In Owerri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.