Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,822 members, 7,976,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:10 PM

South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu (34679 Views)

Press Release By President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation / The Artist Did It Out Of Love For Ugwuanyi - Ugwuanyi Campaign Organisation / Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation On Emergence Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar As (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

I already answered those questions. "If you can't read what I posted here earlier, then NOBODY can help you."

I read a Colonial document published in a history book back in the early 1990s and Yorubas who are Muslims were in the majority in the 1950s census. Population projections are permitted all over the world within every "10 year census cycle," so we can infer that Yoruba Muslims are still in the majority from the 1950s census.

Aside from Ondo, Ekiti, and Kogi Yorubas who have a majority non-Muslim indigenous population, other parts of Yorubaland [including Lagos State, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kwara, etc, have more Muslims]. The Yorubas [Aworis and Ijebus] who are the indigenes of Lagos State have a majority Muslim population but living in harmony with their relatives who belong to other faiths.

Last but NOT LEAST, "who are you to question my knowledge of Islam or what it means to be a Muslim?" Do you realise that I have Muslim relatives and of other faiths as well spread all over the world?

Right from the very early 1980s, I took the time off to read and learn about other world religions and went deep into comparative religion
studies. I have a deep knowledge of many religions so as to boost my tolerance level and remove bigotry. I've been a member of NL since 2005 [with an older account], but the level of religious and ethnic bigotry that I see here on NL these days shows the degeneracy of a large section of the youth who will be worse than those older ones they condemn.

This will my last response here on this thread. I have a deep disdain for the kind of bigotry and disdain for facts and statistics I see here.

Yoruba Muslims are NOT in the majority. I don’t know if you live in, or when last you visited Nigeria but I can tell you that for free.

It may even shock you to find out they are not a majority in what we consider “the north” either.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

IPOB Women Packed In Police Cell In Imo After Arrest (Photos) / Tobias Okwuru: APC Clarifies Buhari's Appointment Of 'Dead' Ex Lawmaker / Police Discover 7 IPOB Cells In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.