Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,730 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:57 PM

Should I Leave Him! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Leave Him! (1818 Views)

If It Were You, Will You Still Leave Him? / Should I Date This Black American Guy Or Leave Him Alone???? / GIRLS! 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Will Become Rich — If Not, LEAVE HIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave Him! by sweetjulie(f): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
i have been dating a particular guy for 5 years nd 2 wks,nd yet he hasn't proposed,and dere is dis oda guy dats comin 4 me,am nt d double dating type.i dnt knw if i should leave d old guy nd try d new one. Am nt getting any younger,pls help.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by alstarmayo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2011
Give him hints u want to get married before going for another guy, how are sure this new guy is better
Re: Should I Leave Him! by amblors(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
hmm! pretty touchy one.
You do sound like you like the current guy pretty much asides the "marriage" thingy.
Maybe you should ask him [not propose] if there's a future,
you've been on for 5years, thats not short by any means.

Stuffs you won't know until you start dating the new guy
Would the new guy also date me for long without proposing?
Would i entirely like the new guy or would have to endure him?

Questions you should ask you::
am i ready to jump ship?
Is it worth the risk?

You risk loosing both the old guy if u leave him and the new one if it doesnt work out as desired

Its ultimately your decision babe, but you need your current bf to make a decision,
hopefully he's not the type that had made marriage promises in the past and dragged it,
if he's that kinda you might want to test the waters, no assurances though the waters would be favorable
so you just have to take a decision and stand by it.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by iice(f): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
Have you guys talked of marriage before?
You prod gently and find out his intentions.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by 190: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
sweetjulie:

i have been dating a particular guy for 5 years nd 2 wks,nd yet he hasn't proposed,and dere is dis oda guy dats comin 4 me,am nt d double dating type.i dnt knw if i should leave d old guy nd try d new one. Am nt getting any younger,pls help.

smh undecided
Re: Should I Leave Him! by livedit(f): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
Wow! Five years and you still haven't had an discussion about marriage. You are long overdue in discussing this matter. You have every right to want to know if marriage is in your future plans. For some men, this is an uneasy topic and some men have a hard time discussing a permanent committment. But you need to know because this is something you want.

When approaching this to him. Make sure you do it tactfully and in a non-intimadating or nagging way. You just ask him his thoughts on marriage first of all. Then you share view points and that's when you nicely yet firmly ask him if he see marriage in your furture together. Once he let you know then you have to decide from there what to do next based upon his answer. Whatever you do DO NOT pressure him. This is his choice and it should be made without feeling like he is being forced to do it or out of some ultimatum. Because if he is a man that don't believe in it, then that's HIS feelings. But you make sure to let him know how marriage is important to you and let him decide from there if he want to run the risk of losing you or keeping you if you decide to walk.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by omega25red(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
i hate posts like this where the poster just drops a question and disappear. How can we give you effective advice if you are not around to answer questions
Re: Should I Leave Him! by HighChief4(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^Exactly, I wanted to make some contributions but decided not to cos of same reason
Re: Should I Leave Him! by JackPotts: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2011
Go on a date with him and see how you get on. You never know, he could be your knight in shining armour. But before you completely end it with your other boyfriend, make sure you have a good sexual chemistry with the new boyfriend first. If the sex isn't good, you will only ever be friends.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by chibaby5(f): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
Communication. He shud av even knwn ur plans by now and wat uve set urself to archieve between a certain time limit
Re: Should I Leave Him! by star4(f): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
OP talk to your mum, sister or best friend, this is a big deal
Re: Should I Leave Him! by claremont(m): 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2011
Is the ultimate aim of every Nigerian girl to get married?! Are there no other better goals in life to aim for rather than killing ourselves over a over-hyped concept?! Marriage in Nigeria is completely over-hyped, what's wrong in being long-term unmarried partners?!SMH
Re: Should I Leave Him! by sweetjulie(f): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2011
livedit:

Wow! Five years and you still haven't had an discussion about marriage. You are long overdue in discussing this matter. You have every right to want to know if marriage is in your future plans. For some men, this is an uneasy topic and some men have a hard time discussing a permanent committment. But you need to know because this is something you want.

When approaching this to him. Make sure you do it tactfully and in a non-intimadating or nagging way. You just ask him his thoughts on marriage first of all. Then you share view points and that's when you nicely yet firmly ask him if he see marriage in your furture together. Once he let you know then you have to decide from there what to do next based upon his answer. Whatever you do DO NOT pressure him. This is his choice and it should be made without feeling like he is being forced to do it or out of some ultimatum. Because if he is a man that don't believe in it, then that's HIS feelings. But you make sure to let him know how marriage is important to you and let him decide from there if he want to run the risk of losing you or keeping you if you decide to walk.

thank you very much i ll try it
Re: Should I Leave Him! by sweetjulie(f): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2011
omega25red:

i hate posts like this where the poster just drops a question and disappear. How can we give you effective advice if you are not around to answer questions

am sowie
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Mynd44: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2011
Maybe he does not want to get married or he wants to but he does not want to marry you
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Zahnda(f): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2011
Lemme get this straight, marriage is important to you - but you've been showing up at your relationship everyday for 5 yrs and you've never mentioned that little tit bit to him? The mouth has other uses other than smiling and faking humble sweetness, I suggest you go look 'em up and go handle your business like you're grown.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Zahnda(f): 12:38am On Aug 01, 2011
[center]LMAO @ t.itbit becoming Bosom bit, [/center]

Mr. Censorer, where your head at?
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 01, 2011
sweetjulie be honest enough and tell us the truth.u wan leave ur boyfriend because u don already suck of all im money and u don dey eye one yahoo yahoo boy wey they spoil u with money and dey take u out to Mister biggs and KFC ; grin abi na lie i talk? grin
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Mynd44: 7:45am On Aug 01, 2011
^^^
is that another charateristic of Ngerian girls
Re: Should I Leave Him! by kpolli(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
for ur bf to have stayed 5yrs wiv u, he probably wants to marry u. . . .

but somehow i feel lefulefu has a point grin
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Evagreenfields: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
Op @ this point, i think u shld already have a clue as to if he would marry u or not.five yrz is penty IMO.keep ur eyes open sha. I kw a friendz brother whoz bin dating a girl for 10 yrs.he told his bro (my friend) that he couldnt and wouldnt marry the gal.thats wat i call wickedness in high places. Just wise up sha.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by shegosay: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
so have you been able to ask him?
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
@op, your predicament is an unfurtunate one, dis is d only reason i hav pity for girls ''time limit/factor, but na wa for some guys oo. How can u date a girl for 5years and nt let her knw 'u want her to be d mother of your kids?' So dat her mind can be at rest, @op if he had neva said dis exact words to u in d 5years of your relationship with him, abeg wakanow.com ooooo
Re: Should I Leave Him! by sweetjulie(f): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
he keeps avoiding d topic. The worst part is dat he dont even use the *wen we get married* word on me.

How could u say dat lefulefu, wen i ve only collectd money 4rm him twice
Re: Should I Leave Him! by amblors(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
Ms sweetjulie, if he avoids the topic then he probably doesn't want to get married to you.
you are the one that knows him
am guessing the writing has been on wall for a long time,
you're just asking for interpreters now.
anyways me thinks the writing says:: leave him now.

ur decision ultimately though, you know him better than "US"
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Evagreenfields: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
The problem with females = we are always in denial.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Mynd44: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
Thank God you know. Hope the OP will also discover that fact soon
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
@op
did i hear you right,
you collected money from him twice in five fugging years.
Let me get it, is it that you don't ask or he doesn't  give. well which ever way i didn't know there still girls like you out there.
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
I'm as shocked as you
Re: Should I Leave Him! by sweetjulie(f): 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2011
doxime:

@op
did i hear you right,
you collected money from him twice in five fugging years.
Let me get it, is it that you don't ask or he doesn't  give. well which ever way i didn't know there still girls like you out there.
dat is becoz i work nd believe in getting money through hard work. And morova, am i neva wanted 2 finish d money since it *ours*
Re: Should I Leave Him! by 190: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2011
^Ours**

see what im saying - another good reason to agree with my signature undecided
Re: Should I Leave Him! by Mynd44: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
Oh yeah something about green snakes and green grasses right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

mmm / He Cheated On Her And She Is Denying Him Food / Only For The Ladies: Answer The Question In The Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.