Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,418 members, 7,978,329 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:07 AM

How To Improve Your Singing Voice In One Week - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Improve Your Singing Voice In One Week (343 Views)

How To Get Sponsors To Support Your Singing Career Easy And Fast / Who Is The Female Voice In Psquare Busy Body Song / Best New Voice In Hiphop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Singing Voice In One Week by TobyJonah002(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2022
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SINGING VOICE IN ONE WEEK

Before we go ahead with this, please note that this won’t be a ride in the park, and after one week, voilà…Nah!

This will be a commitment to your voice for one week. No cheating, no breakfast.

It’s not possible to do the things I’ll share with you right now and not record growth in one week. Impossible!

So in one line, here’s the secret:

PRACTICE EVERY DAY FOR ONE WEEK

While some people will only ever get to practice every day for one week when pigs fly, I strongly believe you are an exception.

I’ll quickly share with you some steps that will make up the practice routine that will push your voice into growth in one week.

HAVE A PRACTICE PLAN FOR THE WEEK

No matter how busy you are, find time to plan, both mentally and on paper. This will bring you growth in the shortest possible time, which is the essence of this post.

Note the days and times you’ll be able to practice. If you can practice from 7 pm every day, put it down on paper.

If you can do mornings on some days, and evenings on other days, put it down. This is the essence of this planning.

PICK ONE NEW SONG TO USE IN THAT ONE WEEK

I’m sharing a formula I’ve used and seen work wonders, with you. I didn’t learn it from anyone, it’s a method I formulated from asking questions and studies.

You want to pick a song that’s not too easy, but not too hard too for your current dexterity level, considering vocal color, texture, and musicality.

For ladies, for instance, I’d prefer you use a song from Adele over Beyonce (just for this level).

Watch the range of the song, make sure it’s something that’s within your tessitura or just a little out of it [that can be achieved with a healthy stretch]

Let me quickly take you through the things I recommend for your PRACTICE ROUTINE for that one week.

I’d say give it at least 2 hours daily, but this isn’t realistic for so many people. But if you mean it, you should be able to do at least 45 minutes daily.

So here’s a list of things to do in those minutes you’ll spend practicing

Always start with BREATHING EXERCISES

The foundation for great singing is a great breathing technique. Breathing exercises when done right, helps you achieve a consistent, breath-supported sound, by helping you develop proper breathing technique for your singing.

Don’t even give me that face!

Breathing right helps you have a better tone, sound access to your range including your high notes, better flexibility, and precise notes. The benefits of breathing right are enormous.

If you work with breathing exercises every day for one week, there’ll be an improvement in your sound. Spend at least 5 minutes on this daily.

Follow up with VOCAL WARM-UPS

Lip roll, hum, sirens, anything to get your voice warmed up. But this is not where it stops. You have to be intentional here.

Those patterns you’re using are your ticket to vocal dexterity. Try doing your warm-ups with two scales or patterns daily. One pattern at a time, before the other.

Pick exercises that move up in semitones. Use lip roll on them, and you can also bring in vowel sounds and mono-syllabic words.

Spend at least 15 minutes on this. Your voice will grow daily after each round of warming up. Endeavor to stop when you feel worked up or strained.

PRACTICE THE NEW SONG

Here, the idea is to pay detailed attention to the song, NOTE for NOTE. That’s why it’s important to pick a song, that will challenge you, but not too far from what you can achieve in one week.

If you stay committed to what I’ve just shared with you, after one week, you’ll be looking for me to buy me SHAWARMA. I promise.

Remember that you can become the singer of your dreams, you just need to reach deep within and become the best you’ve ever been.

Cheers to your singing success.

(1) (Reply)

Calm Down By Rema Becomes The Most Viewed Music Video In 2022 on YouTube / How To Block Instagram Accounts / [music]olamide We Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.