Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,326 members, 7,974,414 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku (17582 Views)

Keyamo Disagreed With Lagos Assembly On How Tinubu Was Cleared ( / Moment Senator Wamako Disagreed With Wike For Saying He Lost Because Of Religion / Imo: Justice Nweze Disagreed With The Lead Verdict & Gave A Dissenting Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Occurstaem(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2022
I hope people won't blame Tinubu when he starts his own against Atiku.
Atiku just fired a shot.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by SweetVibe: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2022
MissLeslie:
Na lie, with him in 2007 both of u can't defeat ya'adua
Not Yar'Adua per say but the demi god called OBJ who sits in Aso rock and over sees that election.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by sayso: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2022
PHIPEX:
Tinubu has shown to be a religious extremist, most extremists hid it by saying "my wife, friend, neighbour, cook etc are Christians"

Atiku rejected him in 2007, Buhari rejected him in 2015, Nigerians will also reject him in 2023
he wanted to use them as a yard stick knowing that he will use it when contesting for presidency so he can point to it as reference.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Splitmind: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Because you are an agent of hate.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by toprealman: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Viscuz:
Tinubu has nothing to offer but division
Atiku....pay back time and nothing else
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Mosesvic11(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2022
mach7:
Dear VP Atiku, some of us are old enough to still remember how OBJ rubbished you.

The man you ran to for succour is now the person you are attempting to rubbish.

You went for balance and ran with Ben Obi, where did that take you?

When you finally left AC to go back to PDP, many of us heaved a sign of relief as it was clear that you were never a progressive.

In 2011, ACN choose Nuhu Ribadu a Muslim and Fola Adeola (former MD of GTBank) another Muslim, but there was NO UPROAR. Why? Because they weren't seen as threats. It was clear that they didn't have the required structure to win.

Now that Asiwaju has seen a partner that he can work with, someone with a true progressive mindset in the person of Kashim Shettima, I personally and many others like me will look beyond religion and vote for them on the basis of their antecedents and planned programmes for rescuing our shared future.

As for you, enjoy your balancing with Dr. Okowa. Let's earnestly watch and see how far you will go this time.
Oga one thing you guys should know is that at this present time in this country, muslim to muslim ticket is bad for the peace of the country.. think about it deeply of what use is all social amenities that bat will bring if there is war or crisis in the land? I don't see him as a bad person but his choice is not a good one for us all.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Validated: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2022
barbstee:
Your case is similar to that of Buhari in 2015 (if this is true Sha) and it's understandable having a Northern Muslim and a Southern Christian is politically balanced, however having a southern Muslim and a Northern Christian is a political suicide so also is having a Northern Christian and a Southern Muslim
Noone cares, we want Balance in Nigeria
Simple! Tinubu should ask his ordained bishops agberos to vote for him
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by toluxa1(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2022
buckeyemedia:
His excuse, my wife is a Christian.

Nonsense! Then he should have chosen his wife as VP. Atiku also has a Christian wife (Jennifer).

1 Like

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by snowball11(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2022
ajani2311:
till tomorrow na tinubu we will vote foy

Not just "foy" na "foil paper!" grin
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Sunday2021: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2022
I said it, Tinubu has an agenda. So this idiot has been planning this Muslim Muslim ticket since 2007? Only a foolish Christian will not see what is coming.
I will use the bible to curse any Christian that vote for Tinubu.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by mach7(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Mosesvic11:
Oga one thing you guys should know is that at this present time in this country, muslim to muslim ticket is bad for the peace of the country.. think about it deeply of what use is all social amenities that bat will bring if there is war or crisis in the land? I don't see him as a bad person but his choice is not a good one for us all.
Bro, I understand you and trying to convince you otherwise might not work. Please vote for your choice of candidate who will provide balance between faiths. But for me personally, such balancing haven't brought the peace we want, neither has it brought the prosperity we want.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by snowball11(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2022
That's much cherished muslim-muslim tickets would shoke him and his urchins to death! undecided

Stupid old-ricketty poo-poo druggie! grin

1 Like

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by kayperry: 11:21am On Jul 22, 2022
Jack500:
I and my family will still vote for Tinubu, nothing you say that can deter us.

And no to another Hausa-Fulani after Buhari.

On your mandate Asiwaju

I don't understand why some of you think that part "and my Family" have supernatural effect ... or is it that you guyz just feel inadequate in your skin.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by ifa98(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2022
Kindly speak for yourself
ajani2311:
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Dickson178(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2022
I, now believed Mazi Nnandi Kanu!
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Rapture4real(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Mrchippychappy:
On BATSHIT we stand. BATSHIT2023

ASHISHE 2023. We reject your jihadic agenda. Obi all the way.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Ojuntana: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2022
mach7:
Dear VP Atiku, some of us are old enough to still remember how OBJ rubbished you.

When you finally left AC to go back to PDP, many of us heaved a sign of relief as it was clear that you were never a progressive.

In 2011, ACN choose Nuhu Ribadu a Muslim and Fola Adeola (former MD of GTBank) another Muslim, but there was NO UPROAR. Why? Because they weren't seen as threats. It was clear that they didn't have the required structure to win.

Now that Asiwaju has seen a partner that he can work with, someone with a true progressive mindset in the person of Kashim Shettima, I personally and many others like me will look beyond religion and vote for them on the basis of their antecedents and planned programmes for rescuing our shared future.

As for you, enjoy your balancing with Dr. Okowa. Let's earnestly watch and see how far you will go this time.
But what is Tinubu's obsession with Muslim Muslim ticket
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Melonsmasher: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2022
Mrchippychappy:
Shove the disgusting BAT SHIT down your throat, dirty ass licker

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by koladebrainiac(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
MadeInTokyo:

That was the same reason Amaechi, Saraki and several other Governors rejected his desperation to be the Vice President to Buhari when APC elected Buhari as the Presidential candidate
I am not for Tinubu

but it was mischievous of Atiku to flog this Muslim Muslim Ticket like this

in Tinubu's defence, I would say Picking A northern Muslim is a purely political decision and, not any religious gimmick.

what happened to Tinubu should also happen to Atiku, both are not Sincere with Nigeria.

PDP picked Atiku from the north because they want power at all cost, they knew for the sake of the political union of this country, they ought to have a zoned the presidency to the east, Easterners have been devoted to PDP for a long time. PDP, in their sincerity, should have allowed the south or the east to field in someone from their region. At least Obi was there, Wike was there, but they chose the easy way out, and picked Atiku, who has been changing parties for like how many times now just to become president. APC would have picked A strong person from the north to run, but despite the urge to do so, they stuck with the southern, although I believe they could have done better and pick someone from the east, at least this is what they shifted a bit and opted for a western.

Imagine if Atiku was elected and he ran Nigeria for 8years
and another election year came upon us, Apc, if they are still around n strong by that time would want to field a northern man to be able to bit any candidate PDP put forward, so we are stuck with Northerners

by now, you would be either saying why am I being obsessed with North or something, now think about it, its the same thing with APC fielding MUSLIM-MUSLIM.

Personally, I don't have any trouble with anybody ruling us but as a matter of fact,

religion and tribe matter in Nigeria today's politics. Tinubu is insensitive and so is Atiku and PDP
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by kayperry: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
mach7:

Quick correction, there was no uproar about muslim muslim ticket in (SDP)1993 & 2011 ACN respectively becos we were not having these glaring nefarious religious killings we are having to day, How can you even think ACN is unpopular undecided if people didnt complain before and they complain now it denotes somethings are no longer the same, we have a major crisis at hand

In 2011 boko haram, iswap don't have flags mounted in some local govt, clergys/pastor were not persons of interest to bandits & kidnappers, and infact churches were as safe as mosques, the biggest problem Nigeria has today is insurgencies propagated by religion beliefs.,
If you put all killings that have happened in the last 7yrs into consideration any sane mind will understand why the UPROAR & FEAR about a muslim muslim ticket can not be over-emphasize. wrong timing
Islam started in Borno, boko haram started in Borno, and now some one wants to impose muslim muslim on Nigerian along a Man from Borno whose tenure paved way for the birth boko haram ... or would you rather say it's all coincidences.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by simplesearch: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
There is no time such ticket will ever be ripe again at th federal level, what with all the glaring sign of intolerance, religious extremism, terrorism and tacit persecution against people of other faith going on unrestrained in the Northeen
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Newton2024: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
ajani2311:
I laugh when people say that Muslim/Muslim ticket is not bad. A case study should be Kaduna State, how government backed islamic terrorists are dealing with Southern Kaduna under a Muslim/Muslim administration.

For the headslammers that think it doesn't bother them because they are also muslims. I'll need to remind you that it is not only the Christians who are feeling the heat, the security situation in Kaduna has totally degenerated. Hell Rufai has given a free hand to all terrorists to operate, kidnap and kill people with reckless abandon and police are not permitted to prevent them, investigate or arrest them.

If Tinubu is rigged in with a Muslim/Muslim ticket using soldiers and INEC, those of you in the South would think twice before you travel to your home state because bandits will police all the major roads in the South.

Most of you here do not see beyond a day, you do not think things ahead of time. You just do things blindly just for the moment. I hope you won't regret it.

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by wiseoneking: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mrchippychappy:
shit as in feaces? Nawa for una. It's it why the say......poo....pooo
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Shascky33: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
ajani2311:
now i understand why spelling dey hard you
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by kayjay69(m): 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nigerians just happen to have a short memory.

Tinubu wanted to be Nice President on the same ticket as Buhari. This has been well documented.

In the last 8 years, his wife out of nowhere was ordained Pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), I wonder who dey deceive who.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Morenikeji090(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
Na so ooo... May God bless you may you live long and may God crown all your efforts in life.
Mrchippychappy:
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by jimyjames(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Okowa is not an Igbo man

The position of a VP is just a ceremonial one.

That's why Saraki could refer to Osinbanjo as a "mere commissioner".

I can never even vote for Atiku, rather than supporting Jonathan, he defected and worked against Jonathan.
Okowa is not an Igbo man cause you say so or cause he say so?

I rather vote for atiku with an Igbo Christian VP than vote for tinubu who fought Jonathan a fellow southerner, worst of it all for picking a Muslim running mate when he himself is a Muslim
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Parachoko: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
jimyjames:

Okowa is not an Igbo man cause you say so or cause he say so?

I rather vote for atiku with an Igbo Christian VP than vote for tinubu who fought Jonathan a fellow southerner, worst of it all for picking a Muslim running mate when he himself is a Muslim
Okowa is an Ika man.

Is your choice, best of luck!
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by jimyjames(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Okowa is an Ika man.

Is your choice, best of luck!

You haven't answered the question, okowa is not Igbo cause you say so or cause he said so?

Thank you, good luck with your choice aswell

My first choice is Peter obi, if I see that, it won't work I will go for atiku and okowa
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Parachoko: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
jimyjames:

You haven't answered the question, okowa is not Igbo cause you say so or cause he said so?

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel/ika-tribe-a-brief-walk-into-the-lives-of-this-ethnic-group/zjh1dz9.amp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos / Theresa May To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday / Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.