Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,920 members, 7,949,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Does My Cat Eat Only When I Am Watching Or Petting Her? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does My Cat Eat Only When I Am Watching Or Petting Her? (381 Views)

See The Bush Cat My Father Caught At The Farm (Pictures) / The Food I Will Be Missing When I Become Rich (photos) / You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Does My Cat Eat Only When I Am Watching Or Petting Her? by Madup(f): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
Some cats and their humans fall into habits of petting while eating. Your cat has grown to expect this. Your cat likes you to be near when she eats. It is probably comforting to her.

Cats are always cautious when they eat. Their instinct tells them that this is a dangerous time. The smell of food could attract other animals. Plus your cat has to put her head down to eat. It is harder for her to see approaching dangers. It is comforting to have you near because you will warn her of ant dangers.

If you really need to stop being near your cat while she eats, it will take time to break the habits that you have fallen into. First start by not petting your cat during meals. Just be close by. Then after a few days, you will move farther away. About every three days, move another 3 foot away. You can still talk to your cat and reassure that you are there. Finally you should be able to put her food down and walk away. Please be sure that she continues to eat normally. Some cats can get so ingrained in these meal habits, that they refuse to eat unless everything is the same.

Re: Why Does My Cat Eat Only When I Am Watching Or Petting Her? by Danmboss(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
My cat Na gullton him get, he don't like any one or anything close to him when eating.

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale Bulgur Wheat / Food Is The Best Medicine / Brand New Stok Portable Grill For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.