Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:45 PM

Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People (6599 Views)

What Animal Did Your Culture Prevent Your People From Killing? / WHY DID YOUR PEOPLE SELL SLAVES TO WHITES? / What Are Your People (Ethnicity) Known For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Tasma: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
My job tends to take me to the Northern parts of Nigeria quite a bit and the things I observe there have prompted me to throw this challenge to any Northerner in this forum (there are bound to be one or two). I’m sorry to say this but there seems to be abhorrence to hard work in the North. I see several able bodied men that just seem to lull around throughout the day doing exactly God knows what. When we are working on a road site we usually have as many as twenty or more men that just come round, sit down and watch us for hours! Furthermore there are the little boys ages between like 6 to 12, Alemajeres I think they are called. These boys are actually just pushed onto the streets with bowls and survive off the food given to them by others. They hang around food joints and wait for whatever left overs they can get from customers. I mean what the heck is that! What exactly is the message that is supposed to pass on to the kids, that you don’t have to work as long as there is someone richer than you to give you hand outs?

What about education? How many people in the North are actually trying to get a decent education? How many are trying to become doctors, engineers, nurses, bankers, etc. The Northerners seem to look down on western education. That’s very funny considering the fact that the money Nigeria makes from oil is facilitated by the hard work professionals put in on oil rigs and a whole load of other professional staff that support the core oil staff. Where exactly is the North’s contribution to the growth of this nation? Is the North simply consuming the Nations resources with no plans to contribute now or in the future?

Northerners in this forum please look at this topic as an educational one for non-Northerners. Can you please explain to us the plans the North has to participate in the growth of this Nation of ours? I’m sure we will all be very grateful. Cheers.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by doyin13(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
Tasma

U are hereby arrested for administering a malicious and obnoxious thing

grin grin grin
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by denex: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2007
People that you say are not educated, you want them to read your post and look at it as an educational insight?

Anyway, I'd like you to tell me what part of the North exactly you've been to. When I say exactly, I mean exacctly.

Like I've stayed in Gwammaja Kano for about 6 years.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by laudate: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Tasma,
The North is a widely diverse place. And last time I checked, there were several educational institutions in the North. Who were those studying there? Foreigners, ??

@Denex,
Thank you for asking him to be specific. While I will not deny that the thirst for Western education is greater in the South, than in the North. . . .I believe that one has to put the whole issue into proper perspective, with respect to each region within the North.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
@tasma
i also stayed in oyo state and i can tell you that the level of education there is minus zero (they dont even speak english)
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by doyin13(m): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Dranoel

You are also hereby charged with administering a malicious and obnoxious thing

grin grin grin
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
i wonder why some people pick on the north on th slightest chance, looks more like jealousy
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by doyin13(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Dranoel

You must be from the Solomon Islands then

grin grin grin

Other wise where the heck have you been.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by TayoD(m): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
@topic,

While the requests for facts is welcome, I just can't figure out how anyone could compare anywhere in the south for that matter to what is available in the north. I worked a lot in the north as well, from Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi to Sokoto and I am of the same persuasion with Tasma.

I hope Tasma's submission is not based on prejudice, but I sure as well can relate with the postings.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Mamajama(m): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2007
Tasma is absolutely correct, and not to take credit away from the ones that are trying to better themselves, compare to other regions in Nigeria that I have been too. The bugger's we have in the North supersedes any other region in Nigeria, they might be coming from neighboring towns like Chad, Sudan and other impoverished nations.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
complain,thats all you can do shocked shocked
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Mamajama(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2007
DRANOEL (
go eat 404 and let intelligent people talk abeg.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
you are so intelligent you allowed the north to use you and you are here talking trash
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Mamajama(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
DRANOEL:

you are so intelligent you allowed the north to use you and you are here talking trash

Who said the North used me? this is why you don't let kids stay up pass their bed time story. they loose their reasoning faculty.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
hardly you hear a northerner talking about a southerners lapses but the same cannot be said of the south,any neutral person would clearly note the souths obsession with the north,you talk about education as if everyone inth south is educated,about begging as if the south is filled with gold, you guys should wake up and move on cause before you realise it it's too late
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by laudate: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2007
Well, I cannot relate to Tasma's posting until he tells me what part of the North, he is referring to. There are several Colleges of Education in the North, as well as Polytechnics, State & Federal Universities etc. Last time I checked, a lot of them were populated by Northern students seeking an education. Now, if you look at areas like Minna, Lokoja, Zaria, Jos, Yola etc. you may not see this picture he painted. So that's why I said, he needs to tell us what part of the North, he drew his comparisons from .  sad

He also needs to tell us, if he tried to find out what made those able-bodied men decide to hang around, looking at him. Did he try to find out why?

Finally, in other parts of Nigeria especially Lagos, I have also seen people hanging around and looking at workers carrying out a project. If you are unlucky to encounter area boys while doing your job, ah omo, na another tory be dat! grin
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2007
CHALLENGE TO ALL SOUTHERNERS

why are you all so crooked?
why are you all criminal minded?
why sell your girls to italy?
why are those from the west so dumb and dirty?
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by TayoD(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
@topic,

I shouldn't have contributed to this discussion in the first place. It appears that it is being turned into an arena for another tribal war.

I am outta here!
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Mamajama(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2007
DRANOEL dude you are funny when you talk of DIRTY AND DUMB< the Northerners superseed anyone in Nigeria in that arena, look at the Fulani and the malam beggar's or your local traders. only time most people from the north think of shower is on holidays when they wearing new clothes, lol. boy get back to the topic and stop comparing south to the North. the difference is Crystal clear
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2007
@mammajamma

i supposed you have not heard the saying that yorubas eat in the same plate they deficate in,i for one can tell you how dirty yorubas are
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by doyin13(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2007
DRANOEL:

@mammajamma

i supposed you have not heard the saying that yorubas eat in the same plate they deficate in,i for one can tell you how dirty yorubas are

Ol bob Dranoel you harsh o.

Normal court no go fit handle you.

Na Sharia court for you.

But which body part we go comot for administering a malisious and noxious thing.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by DRANOEL(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
@doyin13
the body part between my legs
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by BigB11(m): 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Topic

Recommendation for you: You need to first brush up and educate yourself before pointing finger at the northerners.

Do I need to express to you that thesame baseless point you're trying to make also goes on in other states, towns or villages in Nigeria?

Have you been to Ijebu Waterside before?
Have you been to Oshogbo before?
Have you been to Iberekodo before?
Have you been to Idanre before?
Have you been to Shaki before?
Have you been to Irogun before?
Have you been to Ifo before?
Have you been to Ipokia before?
Have you been to Ewekoro?
Have you been to Yakurr?
Have you been to Odukpani?
Have you been to Boki?
Have you been to Odigbo?
Have you been to Ose?
Have you been to Ifedore?

My man you need to slow down a bit and deeply think about things before posting rubbish.
It is absolutely unfair, unrealistic, uncivilized and irresponsible to debase folks from north just like that; Do you know that these same people have ruled and continue to rule this country?
If this is the case, then something must be wrong with Nigerians in general.

My point:
This is a problem that belongs to Nigeria; not northerners or southerners. This is a major problem that needs to be addressed by the federal government. (Poverty, illiteracy, unemployment and so on could be experienced everywhere in Nigeria) This is also called low standard of living; and it doesn't discriminate.

If we are serious about moving our nation forward effectively, efficiently and unitedly, there must not be any division under any circumstances.
We are one and connected directly/ indirectly. We must embrace each other and respect ourselves.

It should be one nation and one Nigeria; not Tasma and the northerners
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by osereka(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
fellow nairalanders, kudos to you all o
some people are just born mischief makers.
I'VE BEEN TO UMUOKO VILLAGE DELTA STATE, NO SCHOOL, NO CHURCH, NO MOSQUE.
does that mean there are no christian there?
does that means there are no muslim there?
does it implies that all of them are illitrate?

MY BRO, THINK BEFORE YOU POST PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by denex: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Tasma

abi do you think because you're in the North a traders should become road constructors due to shame of appearing lulling around?

In fact, like laudate said, you are lucky that it was not area boys in Lagos or Delta that came upon you. By now you will still be paying "owo ile" or "deve". They will not lull around. They will come, harass, make demands and stop all work till they get what they want.

I suggest the next time you see those 20 men, buy "fura da nono" for them because you're in a constructor's heaven and you don't know it.

I wonder how somebody will not see garri to drink in the South, yet he will complain that in the North, some people don't have sugar to drink their garri.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by osereka(m): 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2007
NNA I WEAK O cool
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by bigspif(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2007
People please dont turn this into another hate thread, those who feel offended should ignore the topic, while those who have meaningful contributions should post replies (not related to tribe/religion or sex).
@ first poster, i agree with laudate (which part of the north are you talking about/or have you been)
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hey,
U YORUBA /(western). any U HAUSA/FULANI(northern).
I won know. Na loot wey una won share, make una dey quareel who go get lion share?

If YORUBA man sey . Hausa/Fulani dey give naija only(Alemajiri, illiterates and looters)and dey no dey contribute nothing and think of shower only on holidays, when dem go put on new clothes.
Wetin that YORUBA MAN talk na 1OO% correct. But
If HAUSA/FULANI man sey , YORUBA dirty. That Hausa/Fulani pass him exam 1oo%.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Banderas(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2007
Where is willy from, I'd like to know. And where does he live?
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by evergie(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2007
May be he is from the South-east or south-south.
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ Bandera
Willy Willy come from you and live in you
Re: Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ evergie
may be Willy Willy is from Evergie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful Dubai Abaya Cloth And Turkish Wears For Sales / Is An Elder Always Right? / Yoruba & Diasporan Black Traditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.