Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,867 members, 7,889,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why People Fail In Affiliate Marketing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why People Fail In Affiliate Marketing (173 Views)

Adsense Reveals What Will Happen To Publishers Who "Fail To Practice Standard" / 10 Non-financial Reasons Why Tech Startups Can Fail In 2019. / Why Nigerian Beginner Bloggers Fail (basic Possible Reasons Why You Fail In Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Fail In Affiliate Marketing by blaze16(f): 12:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Since affiliate marketing is done by almost everyone without any prior technical skill; hundreds of people are diving into this business because it’s easy to join, implement, and the payout is on a regular basis. Below are some of the mistakes I made as a beginner and I'm sharing my experience so you won't make the same mistakes as me.

1.Do Not Promote Too Many Products:

Affiliate marketing is really easy to start - some affiliate programs would approve you within a day - some affiliate programs don't need approval at all. You just sign up and you have access to your affiliate link. Most beginners try to join multiple affiliate programs to boost their earnings. The fact is, you shouldn't have one source of income, but as a beginner in the affiliate marketing ecosystem you won't cope with multiple affiliate programs because you'll find it hard to concentrate on each one of them. The best way to approach this and to achieve a maximum result is by joining just one affiliate program that pays 30% - 60% commission. Once you have these, you can start promoting and tracking your performance. Once you begin to make reasonable profit from that single product then you can now join another affiliate program.

2.Do Not Focus On Selling Alone:
Many of us think that affiliate marketing is all about making money. But that is just a BIG fat lie. Just like I wrote at the beginning of this post; affiliate marketing is about looking for the right product that would solve your audience problem. Many beginners ignore this aspect. Your sole purpose is to promote the right product to the right people. You’re reading this blueprint because you want to know how to do affiliate marketing. I have linked to valuable products on this page. Your content must be relevant, engaging, and educating before you can attract customers to purchase through you. Once you are able to convince your audience beyond reasonable doubts, they will buy from you and thank you in the future.

3.Not Knowing Your Target Audience:
Specks.com.ng is a digital marketing blog - we hare tips on Search Engine Optimization, affiliate marketing, how to make money online, etc. By now I already have a clue of who my target audience is. I cannot promote irrelevant products like baby diapers because that's not what my audience are about and they are not interested in that niche. They are looking for ways to increase their traffic, web hosting companies, and legit passive income sources. If your audience is related to health and fitness and your promoting electronic products to them, you barely will make any sale - no one is going to buy it. Know your audience and their interest before promoting any random product.
4.Lack Of Content:
As an affiliate marketer looking to increase his conversion rate, you have to pay close attention to your content. You have to create content around the product you're promoting - he would help your audience understand its benefit and it would compel them to buy from you. There are several ways to produce content for your products, you can do the following:
Create videos explaining how the product will help them solve their daily problem.
You can make comparison posts i.e. Compare different products.
You can offer discounts and coupon codes.
You can make a dedicated product review blog or video for your YouTube channel and social media pages.

5.Ignoring Your Competitors
: Your competitors are those people who are in the same niche as you. You can track and analyze their own website to see what product they are promoting and what technique they are using to drive sales. The best way to choose the right product to promote is by buying and using the product by yourself. Instead of choosing random products - select a product and test it yourself - equally, check if the product is in demand. The idea is to promote products you're conversant and passionate about. If you want to be successful in affiliate marketing you should avoid these mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

UK Adsense Needed With Live Domain / Sitemap Couldn't Fetch!! Please Help / Do You Still Make Money From Blogging?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.