Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (508 Views)

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / SCAM ALERT!!! -how Paystack Payment Gateway Stole My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2022
Good day NairaLanders.

Thank you for the advises that you gave me regarding the subject.

Please recall that I informed you earlier that I received credit alert of about ₦200,000 in bank account but the transaction was certainly not mine because I didn’t do transaction to have expected such money especially at that time.

Meanwhile, like I promised to update you the outcome of my efforts to achieve my task of returning the money wrongly transfer to my bank account to the true owner. With the help of advises and information given to me by the NairaLanders, these are actions that I have taken so far though it sad that the ultimate objective has not been achieved but there is progress:

1. I drafted email to the bank and copied CBN to lodged my complain as advised. (The mail is attached here). Based on the response I received, I’m hopeful that the email is addressed to the appropriate channels.

2. The bank and CBN responses to my email (the bank’s response is attached). The bank’s requests was somehow frustrating especially some of the contents in the indemnity form that I was required to sign before my request could be processed.

3. Despite my tight time schedule and some of the contents of the indemnity form that I am not comfortable with, I had to reluctantly signed the form so that it will not be an excuse for not processing my request. All the documents requested from me were scanned and emailed to the bank and CBN was copied in the mail
4. The bank acknowledged the receipt of the email and promised to get back to me but I am yet to receive the feedback of the outcome of their findings as at this moment. It is almost two months that I have fulfilled all the documents required from me.

Sequel to my email to the bank, I observed that the amount of transaction in question has been made to only appear in my ledger balance. The implication of this is that I can not withdraw more than my actual savings and I’m fine with that.

I hope to send a reminder e-mail to the bank next week which will mark eight weeks that I have instructed to them to do the investigation and return the money to the right owner.

Useful advice to achieve the objective of locating and returning the money to the right owner is welcomed.

Thank you once again.

Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by RedChiefPriest: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2022
You did the right thing
The bank will surely sort it all out
I wonder the agony the sender is in right now.
Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
I wonder the agony the sender is in right now.
I'm feel concerned too. Especially if the sender needed the money to carryout urgent transaction.
Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by BadEnglish(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2022
Respect sir, you are a good man
Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by talk2hb1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
BadEnglish:
Respect sir, you are a good man
This is beyond respect ooo, if investigation start an be they discovered the money/transaction is fraudulent it's going to be a big problem which could lead to jail time.
Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by BadEnglish(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
talk2hb1:

This is beyond respect ooo, if investigation start an be they discovered the money/transaction is fraudulent it's going to be a big problem which could lead to jail time.
it's still calls for respect considering the moral decadence that has invaded the society seeing someone willing to do the right thing irrespective. Respect

1 Like

Re: Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by BlueAir: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Send me the money. I'll sort it out

(1) (Reply)

Copy Trading Based Fintech Investor Needed. / Learn This Business , Do It The Right Way And Make Money! / Educate Yourself About Bank Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.